Read my earlier posts in this thread.

Vger

#42   Dopke

Dopke
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 13:38

Hi,

I've just downloaded the stuff and am ready to install. I've created a blank database, extractedthe catalog folder and have changed the CHMOD 755 to all folders and 777 to both the configure files.

Now when I go to my website to continue the install, I get a 404 error. I've tried www.mysite.com/install and www.mysite.com/catalog/install, nothing works.

I've been trying forever to figure this out, does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Tnx

#43   Vger

Vger
  • Members
  • 16,978 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 13:50

Did you upload the osCommerce files/folders to the root of your domain, or did you upload them to somewhere outside the root of your domain?

FTP to your website and make sure that osCommerce is where all of your other files would be, including your default holding page (usually index.htm or html).

Vger

#44   n2advnture

n2advnture
  • Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 14:24

Did you upload the osCommerce files/folders to the root of your domain, or did you upload them to somewhere outside the root of your domain?

FTP to your website and make sure that osCommerce is where all of your other files would be, including your default holding page (usually index.htm or html).

Vger

So if your web pages/index were in the "http://www.mydomainn...om/public_html" folder, you would want the OS Commerce catalog folder to be located in "http://www.mydomainn..._html/catalog"?

#45   Vger

Vger
  • Members
  • 16,978 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 14:33

If your osCommerce 'catalog' folder is in the public_html folder then this is the root of your web, in which case the address would be http://www.yourdomai...catalog/install

Be aware that if you use a programme like FrontPage or Dreamweaver to upload to your website then unless they are set up to upload specifically to the public_html folder then they may actually upload to the first folder they come to.

Vger

#46   Wanwan

Wanwan
  • Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 21:45

Hi everyone,

I got problems that didn't get answer, hopefully I could get helps here. Well, I have uploaded my catalog folder and database which I prebuild using XAMPP server into my hosting server.

As Vger pointed out, I have to reconfigure both includes\configure.php and admin\includes\configure.php. However, I am totally a newbie, and don't know what should filled in the http_server (' _____');
I saw somebody posted here saying should be my IP_Address.

The IP_Address is it the Server IP_Address that I found in my Hosting Control Panel?

/sad.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />
Wanwan -- %_%_

#47   Vger

Vger
  • Members
  • 16,978 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 22:02

http_server = 'http://www.yourdomain.com'

Vger

#48   Wanwan

Wanwan
  • Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 22:16

Thank you Vger,

how about this one? HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/catalog/');
Wanwan -- %_%_

#49   Vger

Vger
  • Members
  • 16,978 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 22:21

That's fine, provided you installed osC in a folder called 'catalog'

Vger

#50   Wanwan

Wanwan
  • Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 22:52

That's fine, provided you installed osC in a folder called 'catalog'

Vger

Do I need to change 'catalog' to anything?
Wanwan -- %_%_

#51   kirky r33

kirky r33
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 09:25

Hi folks

Iam totally new to Oscommerce, big thanks so far for this install guide, but i have hit a problem and would really like some help,

I have installed the catalogue no problem so far, but when i try and go to the Admin index i get this

p.s i have changed Admin to Neils

"Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) in /home/www/kirrey.freesuperhost.com/Neils/includes/functions/database.php on line 19
Unable to connect to database server!"

Can any one help!

Thanks

#52   Vger

Vger
  • Members
  • 16,978 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 10:22

If you can connect to the shop front but not to the backend 'admin' then check your settings in catalog/includes/configure.php against those in catalog/admin/includes/configure.php. Leave out the 'catalog/' part of that if you've installed into the root.

Vger

#53   kirky r33

kirky r33
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 10:44

If you can connect to the shop front but not to the backend 'admin' then check your settings in catalog/includes/configure.php against those in catalog/admin/includes/configure.php. Leave out the 'catalog/' part of that if you've installed into the root.

Vger

Thanks Vger, but if i go to that url catalog/includes/configure.php, it just comes up Forbidden, you dont have permission to access

sorry for being so crap at all this! /blush.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blush:' />

Edited by kirky r33, 21 November 2005 - 10:44.

#54   Vger

Vger
  • Members
  • 16,978 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 10:58

You have to download the file/s via FTP to your computer and open them in a plain text editor like Notepad - not Word or Wordpad (they're not plain text editors).

Vger

#55   rbilei

rbilei
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 18:28

Hi,

I'm new to the forums and to osCommerce, and I'm having a weird problem.

I have Apache 2.0.55 with PHP 5.0.5 and MySQL installed (with PHPMyAdmin).

For looking at osCommerce for the first time, I'm testing it on my own computer. I've put the contents of the "catalog" folder into my Apache doc root, in the folder "oscommerce". So, when starting http://localhost/oscommerce, the installation page shows up. All's fine so far, I click on the Install button, the next page shows up "New Installation", but when I click on the Continue button on this page, nothing happens! I can't figure out why.

Can anyone help me with this, please?

#56   Acarril

Acarril
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 01:51

Plz help me ! ! ! I'm new with osCommerce

I did the instalation and everythig was ok but in step 7:

Warning: fopen(c:/domains/mydomain.com/wwwroot/oscommerce/catalog/includes/configure.php): failed to open stream: Invalid argument in c:\domains\mydomain.com\wwwroot\oscommerce\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 209

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in c:\domains\mydomain.com\wwwroot\oscommerce\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 210

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in c:\domains\mydomain.com\wwwroot\oscommerce\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 211

Warning: fopen(c:/domains/mydomain.com/wwwroot/oscommerce/catalog/admin/includes/configure.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in c:\domains\mydomain.com\wwwroot\oscommerce\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 259

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in c:\domains\mydomain.com\wwwroot\oscommerce\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 260

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in c:\domains\mydomain.com\wwwroot\oscommerce\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 261

The configuration was successful!

Then when i pushed "Administration Tool":
Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: 'mysql@localhost' (Using password: NO) in c:\domains\mydomain.com\wwwroot\oscommerce\catalog\admin\includes\functions\database.php on line 19
Unable to connect to database server!

I veryfied that my user, pass and database name were ok and they are!!

Can u plz help me???
Thanks

#57   Vger

Vger
  • Members
  • 16,978 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 15:12

Downgrade to php 4+. php5 and osCommerce are not compatible.

Vger

Hi,

I'm new to the forums and to osCommerce, and I'm having a weird problem.

I have Apache 2.0.55 with PHP 5.0.5 and MySQL installed (with PHPMyAdmin).

For looking at osCommerce for the first time, I'm testing it on my own computer. I've put the contents of the "catalog" folder into my Apache doc root, in the folder "oscommerce". So, when starting http://localhost/oscommerce, the installation page shows up. All's fine so far, I click on the Install button, the next page shows up "New Installation", but when I click on the Continue button on this page, nothing happens! I can't figure out why.

Can anyone help me with this, please?

Sometimes when the install is run, especially on Windows servers, the admin/includes/configure.php file does not get data written to it. Check that file against the contents of the includes/configure.php file and insert the data as appropriate.

Vger

Plz help me ! ! ! I'm new with osCommerce

I did the instalation and everythig was ok but in step 7:

Warning: fopen(c:/domains/mydomain.com/wwwroot/oscommerce/catalog/includes/configure.php): failed to open stream: Invalid argument in c:\domains\mydomain.com\wwwroot\oscommerce\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 209

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in c:\domains\mydomain.com\wwwroot\oscommerce\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 210

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in c:\domains\mydomain.com\wwwroot\oscommerce\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 211

Warning: fopen(c:/domains/mydomain.com/wwwroot/oscommerce/catalog/admin/includes/configure.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in c:\domains\mydomain.com\wwwroot\oscommerce\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 259

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in c:\domains\mydomain.com\wwwroot\oscommerce\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 260

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in c:\domains\mydomain.com\wwwroot\oscommerce\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 261

The configuration was successful!

Then when i pushed "Administration Tool":
Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: 'mysql@localhost' (Using password: NO) in c:\domains\mydomain.com\wwwroot\oscommerce\catalog\admin\includes\functions\database.php on line 19
Unable to connect to database server!

I veryfied that my user, pass and database name were ok and they are!!

Can u plz help me???
Thanks

#58   christianwebconcepts

christianwebconcepts
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 21:39

how do you know what your folder permissions should be set at?

#59   christianwebconcepts

christianwebconcepts
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 22:47

so when you say all of the folders, do you mean the folders that are inside of all of the folders too?

#60   Vger

Vger
  • Members
  • 16,978 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 22:51

All folders, including sub-folders, should be set to 755 except for the 'images' and 'graphs' folders which should be 777.

Vger