[Contribution] More Category Boxes

• Please log in to reply
292 replies to this topic

#21   akmac

akmac
  • Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 19:39

Disable your default categories box, then add all of the categories that were in it to an additional category-box and enable it.
Quidquid latine dictum sit, profundum viditur.

#22   akmac

akmac
  • Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 20:10

Jared, I'm also still interested in seeing the infobox info removed from the end of the url. It's not hugely critical, just unnecessary info in the url getting indexed.
Quidquid latine dictum sit, profundum viditur.

#23   pleymo

pleymo
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 21:47

Disable your default categories box, then add all of the categories that were in it to an additional category-box and enable it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks that what i do it's better but I have a new problem (I have this contribution STS Template ) and now it's look like awful (the first box is ok good color and style, the second not at all

if someone use this contribution and/or have an idea

thanks

Pleymo

#24   jcall

jcall
  • Members
  • 3,093 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 21:58

Cleve - - I'll work on the infobox item in the URL. It may need to be there to keep the right infobox properties, expanding subcats and the like, but I'll look closer.

Pleymo - - I haven't ever tried to make this work with STS, but I'm sure that some modifications would need to be made based on what I remember of the STS structure.

-jared

#25   Thomas_Burke

Thomas_Burke
  • Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 07:14

Just for my peace of mind, can you possibly try this from a different PC?  I just re-confirmed that my test shop admin (with the 50 version) works with IE.

Thanks!

-jared

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I tested it on a newer PC, using Internet Explorer, and it seems to be OK, but it seemed a bit slower. Apart from that, it's an excellent contribution once set up.

#26   jcall

jcall
  • Members
  • 3,093 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 07:16

Hint - - it's faster if you modify it to limit it to use 5 or 10 boxes rather than 25.

-jared

#27   Thomas_Burke

Thomas_Burke
  • Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 19:12

Hint - - it's faster if you modify it to limit it to use 5 or 10 boxes rather than 25.

-jared

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I only need three or four boxes. 25 boxes is a lot, now that you mention it, but I'll probably leave it as it is for now as Opera 8 isn't upset with it at all.

#28   pleymo

pleymo
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 23:56

Hello,

about sts and this (good) contribution there is something that I dont understand,
I had code in STS's specific files (sts_display_output.php, sts_templare.html) an in column_left.php I put this code
/* Commented out for More Category Boxes contrib
  if ((USE_CACHE == 'true') && empty($SID)) {
    echo tep_cache_categories_box();
  } else {
    include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'categories.php');
  }
// More Category Boxes contrib
*/

// More Category Boxes contrib
$default_category_box_enabled_query = tep_db_query("select configuration_value from " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " where configuration_key = 'DEFAULT_CATEGORY_BOX_ENABLED' ");
$default_category_box_enabled = tep_db_fetch_array($default_category_box_enabled_query);

if ($default_category_box_enabled['configuration_value'] == 'true') {

if ((USE_CACHE == 'true') && empty($SID)) {
    echo tep_cache_categories_box();
  } else {
    include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'categories.php');
  }
}
// STS: ADD
  $sts_block_name = 'categorybox';
  require(STS_RESTART_CAPTURE);
  // STS: EOADD

// ****
  include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'more_categories.php');

// STS: ADD
  $sts_block_name = 'categorybox_2';
  require(STS_RESTART_CAPTURE);
  // STS: EOADD

This part of code after // **** must apply specific style for more_categories.php
so it would give the same style for all boxes created because all boxes are managed by more_categories.php, aren't they??
but " style" it's only good for the
first box the second box doesn't have style

If anyone can help me please and thanks /blink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' />

#29   kittidid

kittidid
  • Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 23:49

I am having problems in phpMyAdmin. I had ran the query, sql file named "more_categories-50.sql", when I should have ran "more_categories.sql. I deleted the table from phpMyAdmin and ran "more_categories.sql", but I get an error.

Error:
MySQL said: Documentation
#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

What do you advise me to do now?

Kitti /ohmy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':o' />

#30   kittidid

kittidid
  • Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 01:36

I am having problems in phpMyAdmin. I had ran the query, sql file named "more_categories-50.sql", when I should have ran "more_categories.sql. I deleted the table from phpMyAdmin and ran "more_categories.sql", but I get an error.

Error:
MySQL said: Documentation
#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax.  Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

What do you advise me to do now?

Kitti /ohmy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':o' />

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nevermind I got it. When I deleted the more_categories, I forgot to delete the more_categories in the configuration group. After I deleted that group, I then ran the more_categories.sql and the install went fine.

Kitti /thumbsup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbsup:' />

#31   jcall

jcall
  • Members
  • 3,093 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 06:56

I'm glad you got it, Kitti! It's always more satisfying to solve your own problems.

-jared

#32   kittidid

kittidid
  • Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 13:57

I'm glad you got it, Kitti!  It's always more satisfying to solve your own problems. 

-jared

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am trying to get this mod to show correctly on the store pages. I am getting the error noted below.

Error:
1146 - Table 'progroom_com.TABLE_CATEGORIES_MORE' doesn't exist

select * from TABLE_CATEGORIES_MORE where enabled = 1

Help please.

Kitti

#33   ts-coins

ts-coins
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 19:17

@kittidid

delete following:

progroom_com.

@topic

is it possible to integrate multilanguage support?

Edited by ts-coins, 31 July 2005 - 19:19.

#34   kittidid

kittidid
  • Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 23:20

@kittidid

delete following:

progroom_com.
@topic

is it possible to integrate multilanguage support?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Delete it from where?

Kitti

#35   jcall

jcall
  • Members
  • 3,093 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 04:01

Kitti, run the portion of the SQL file that starts with:

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `categories_more`;

-jared

#36   maz

maz
  • Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 12:16

Looks like a super contribution.
However I have been looking for ages for a categories box which will only list certain categories selectively....
Look at this site:

http://www.hechts.co...&cm_id=hdr_logo

Its got a menu bar across the top with main categories and subcategories as dropdowns. When one clicks any main category 'women', for example, on the next page the categories box in the left hand column ONLY shows the categories box and subcategories related to women. And so on.

Can I achive this via this contribution? Or is there a contribution our there taht does this? Any advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

#37   jcall

jcall
  • Members
  • 3,093 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 03:32

Mazhar,

Unfortunately, this contribution cannot dynamically change which contributions are displayed based on which page you're on. The categories displayed are always the same ones, based on the configuration that you give it.

-jared

#38   altenter

altenter
  • Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 21 August 2005 - 10:27

Hi Jcall, and thanks for this great contribution.
I am using BTS, and step 4 is a little different than your detailed readme.
this is my admin catalog.php part:

tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS) .
                                  tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES, BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES) .
                                  tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_MANUFACTURERS, BOX_CATALOG_MANUFACTURERS) .
                                  tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_REVIEWS, BOX_CATALOG_REVIEWS) .
                                  tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_SPECIALS, BOX_CATALOG_SPECIALS) .
          tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_XSELL_PRODUCTS, BOX_CATALOG_XSELL_PRODUCTS) .
          tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_EASYPOPULATE, BOX_CATALOG_EASYPOPULATE) .
          tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_DEFINE_MAINPAGE, BOX_CATALOG_DEFINE_MAINPAGE) .
          tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_NEW_ATTRIBUTES, BOX_CATALOG_ATTRIBUTE_MANAGER) .
          tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_MORE_CATEGORIES, BOX_CATALOG_MORE_CATEGORIES) .
                                  tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED, BOX_CATALOG_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED));

I am not sure what i did wrong, but step 2 of configuration doesnt show up.
Thanks for your help.

#39   kittidid

kittidid
  • Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 21 August 2005 - 19:01

Recommended:
Kitti, run the portion of the SQL file that starts with:

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `categories_more`;

-jared

I did just as you recommended. I am still getting the same error. Also, in the admin, when I click on more categories, I see 2 rows of "Enable Default Category Box". I don't think I should have 2.

I have tried and tried to get this contribution to work for me. I am totally not getting it. Don't know what to do at this point except to await somebody's help.

Any help appreciated.

Kitti

Edited by kittidid, 21 August 2005 - 19:03.

#40   jcall

jcall
  • Members
  • 3,093 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 17:45

Kitti - - if you'll PM me your login information, I'll see if I can fix it directly.

-jared