[Contribution] More Category Boxes

• Please log in to reply
292 replies to this topic

#221   JonathanR

JonathanR
  • Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 09:40

Now this is where I will fall down, because I don't have a clue why that error has been caused. I had made such a mess of my osCommerce install and database that I started from scratch by creating a brand new empty database and running http://yourserver/catalog/install/ again, and assigning that database to my new osCommerce installation.

It was a pain, because it meant all the other code alterations and other Contributions I had installed needed reapplying, but I was happier having a clean install and working from that, and this Contribution was extremely important to how the site needs to look. It was also an excellent learning exercise! I was fortunate in that I am just testing all of this for the moment and getting it ready for the new Spring collection clothing range that our client wants to start selling next month.

All I can suggest is that you copy your current Catalog folder off your server as a back-up (ESSENTIAL!) before deleting it from your server, and then copy the default Catalog folder that comes with the osCommerce download onto your server. Then create a brand new blank mySQL database, and then by following the documentation.pdf installation guide, install a fresh osCommerce catalog, linking that to your newly created blank database.

Then run through the installation of the More Categories Boxes contribution. This will at least show you whether the problem exists in your current database, and then you can decided whether you want to proceed from that point on.

I am suggesting all of this in the absence of any other help - and only because it worked for me! Performing this on a completely default installation ensures you haven't altered any files that may otherwise affect how the contribution runs.

HTH - and good luck!

Jonathan

#222   Jennifer24

Jennifer24
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 14:15

Is there a solution to use this great contribution in different languages?

#223   hanler

hanler
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 10:29

Hi,

This is a great contribution. Worked fine to install.

It would be great hough to be able to choose the sub categories instead. Any "easy" way around this?

Hans

#224   Webcraft

Webcraft
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 18:34

Great contribution, easy to install and works well but . . . I would really like all my category boxes to be drop-down lists. I know this question was asked before (twice) in this thread, but it was a year or so back so . . . has anyone done this, or does anyone have any idea how to do it?

- Webcraft

#225   TCDK

TCDK
  • Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 10:43

I just installed this and can manage the categories in admin, but the new categories are not showing in the shop.

Im using RC2.

Anyone had this problem?

I still have this problem.

The admins section works fine, but there is no changes on the catalog section.

#226   alex.galpin

alex.galpin
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 10:52

Hi,

I have followed the instructions for adding this contribution, but I keep getting a sql error when importing the new table i.e. "#1366 - Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'configuration_id' at row 1"

Can anybody shed some light please?
Thanks

#227   Kevin360

Kevin360
  • Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 16:41

I really enjoy this contrib... thanks. Two notes. I had added additional contribs and noticed that I need to to make some slight changes to the code of this one coming in. Nothing big... (I'm no coder.. I just barely know my way around PHP) but there would have been some extra semicolons and brackets if I had copied the code exactly..... lets see.. in Step 4 - admin/includes/boxes/catalog.php
Replace the following lines:
								   '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED . '</a>');
  }

With this:
								   '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED . '</a><br>' .
								   '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_MORE_CATEGORIES, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_MORE_CATEGORIES . '</a>');
  }

the code was put in but instead of the last few characters my current file showed an ending of
'</a><br>'
so instead of inserting
'</a>');  }
I inserted the above again... the semicolon and closing bracket were further down on the page...

Maybe this will help someone without any PHP knowledge.

I have one questions though. All my extra category boxes are not in the same style as my default categories box. I like the style of the default box better... as it sticks to the theme of my site with smaller text and green text subcatagories. Any ideas on how I can get them uniform??

#228   dgougoul

dgougoul
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 21:04

I install the files attached in zip file added in "More Category Boxes with 4 Languages" but when i open my index page i take the following mesage:

1146 - Table 'oscommerce.table_categories_more_languages' doesn't exist

select * from categories_more,TABLE_CATEGORIES_MORE_LANGUAGES where enabled = 1 and languages_id = '1' and box_id_language= box_id

Have somebody any idea what is the problem?

#229   dgougoul

dgougoul
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 11:15

I try to install the contribution but there are problems with it. The files that are in page http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/3327 are ok? I try all the versions in it but i always take messages with mistakes. I have installed the osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 Release Candidate 2a under XAMPP.

Please help me

#230   kallike

kallike
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 08:52

I install the files attached in zip file added in "More Category Boxes with 4 Languages" but when i open my index page i take the following mesage:

select * from categories_more,TABLE_CATEGORIES_MORE_LANGUAGES where enabled = 1 and languages_id = '1' and box_id_language= box_id

first i got this also... then i fixet column left..

then i got this

Fatal Eror..... \includes\application_top.php on line 533

#231   stubbsy

stubbsy
  • Members
  • 551 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 09:01

Hi there,

I've been using this contribution for ages on one site and I'm just setting up a new website and have made a copy of my original site on the same server. The problem I have though is when I try and create a new category box on admin/more_categories.php when I hit update I get a 1064 error.

I'm stumped as this is a duplicate of a site on which this is working and its on the same server??

The error is

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

select * from categories_more where box_id = 

[TEP STOP]

Any ideas?

Thanks

Dave

#232   stubbsy

stubbsy
  • Members
  • 551 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 11:12

Sorry sorted - just deleted all more_categories info from the database and reinstalled the whole thing.

#233   tpp

tpp
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 10:42

Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible to use this contrib with the "More Category Boxes" contrib?

Thanks,

Martin

#234   tpp

tpp
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 11:32

Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible to use this contrib with the "More Category Boxes" contrib?

Thanks,

Martin

Apologies

Should be, is it possible to use this contrib with "dm_categories" contrib?

Thanks,

Martin.

#235   cigarjoe2003

cigarjoe2003
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 00:01

Hi,
Thanks for the super contribution. I have it installed and working succesfully but I would like to have more than 10 category boxes. I have added the additional info to the database and it does show on the shopping cart, however they are not showing in the admin side to allow me to add categories to the new boxes. I am sure I am missing something easy, but I cannot figure it out. Any help would be apprecisted.

Thanks,

#236   rocdy

rocdy
  • Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 05:42

I have just tested the more category latest version in here http://www.oscommerc...tributions,3327
I find out that the look in browser Internet Browser are not good, but it's run well in ire fox browser. Any idea about that?
Rocdy

Beginner in php programming and still learning from this forums.
Special thanks for Oscommerce Community Forums that help me a lot. :-)

#237   rocdy

rocdy
  • Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 06:03

I have just tested the more category latest version in here http://www.oscommerc...tributions,3327
I find out that the look in browser Internet Browser are not good, but it's run well in ire fox browser. Any idea about that?

Sorry, my problem was fixed. I just go to Admin-Configuration-Images and set Images Required to "false".
:-)
Rocdy

Beginner in php programming and still learning from this forums.
Special thanks for Oscommerce Community Forums that help me a lot. :-)

#238   Ackis

Ackis
  • Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 07:04

Hi,
Have you solved this problem?
I got them same /blink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' />

Best regards
Jessica
Jessica Fuchs

#239   janssen-militaria

janssen-militaria
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 12:15

Great contrib...but

>> BUG FIX <<
>> table 1 = table 11 <<

Noticed 1 (one!!) question here about the problem that table 11 gets the same entry as table 1 when updating the categories in the categorie boxes. I had the same problem and was updating database entries manually in the database (which is stupid). This problem only gets a real problem when you want to use all the 25 positions in the categoerie boxes. Because table 1 entry becomes the same as table 11 you will only be able to list 24 categories in a box. When you have the same problem and want to use all the 25 positions in a box change this:

in more_categories.php find (appr. line 73)

[codebox], category11_id = '" . $category1 .[/codebox]

change into

[codebox], category11_id = '" . $category11 .[/codebox]

I checked several (all?) contribution updates and it seems to be a problem in all files named more_categories.php (and in one contribution also the file named more_categories_org.php) there is NO problem in the contibution with 50 categories (more_categories-50.php). Perhaps someone can change this when adding a new full package for this contrib.

That's all...
Greetingz and happy programming,
Peter

#240   janssen-militaria

janssen-militaria
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 13:01

Hi,
Have you solved this problem?
I got them same /blink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' />

Best regards
Jessica

I did not use the "German" language pack. But perhaps I can help a bit.
TABLE_CATEGORIES_MORE_LANGUAGES is not part of the sql query in that package, so will not become a table in the database.
Perhaps you can add another line in database_tables.php? Something like:
define('TABLE_CATEGORIES_MORE_LANGUAGES', 'categories_more');
When this doesn't work there is an error in one of the php files in that package or lines are missing in the sql query in that package.

Peter