June 29, 2005
Author: Jared Call
Dignified Contributor: Gregory Baboolal (devosc)
This contribution can be downloaded from: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3327
What this contrib does:
This contribution adds the following features:
- Add up to 10 additional category boxes to the left column, each of which can contain up to 25 admin-selectable top level categories.
- Each new category box may be enabled/disabled.
- The default categories box may be enabled/disabled.
- Each new category box has a customizable name (infobox heading).
Caveats / Known Issues:
- Each category box is updated independently in admin. When you click the "update" button, you are updating that box ONLY.
- You may only select parent categories to display at top level in each infobox (i.e. this contrib does not alter the standard osCommerce category tree structure).
- This contribution does not yet support apostrophes in infobox names.
- Categories still follow the same sorting order specified in the osCommerce Admin >> Catalog >> Categories/Products
NOTE: The customer for whom this was written wanted to use up to 50 categories per category box. If you want to do this, use the files with -50 in the name. For example, instead of using more_categories.php, rename more_categories-50.php to more_categories.php and use that one instead.
NOTE2: The includes/boxes/more_categories-50.php file also includes the CategoriesBox Enhancement contribution code. It should be easy enough, with a diff utility (Beyond Compare, WinMerge, CompareIt, WinDiff, etc) to see the differences between the includes/boxes/more_categories.php and includes/boxes/more_categories-50.php.
(all of this and more is in the readme.txt in the contrib download)
Edited by jcall, 07 July 2005 - 05:20 AM.