• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Change/Remove Account Required Fields

crchi

I would like to remove most of the fields from the create_account.php page, leaving only first and last name and email address, all three required fields.

I have already removed all of the account creation requirements so that buyers can just go straight in and purchase without account creation.

Help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

There are several contributions that describe the process and include the altered files in the Contributions section if I'm not mistaken.

You might want to take a look at them instead of reinventing the wheel ;)

"Politics is the art of preventing people from taking part in affairs which properly concern them"

Thanks, Vger! This is what I need. There's only one issue here... I still need to get rid of the password requirement. This ordering system is only "in-house" and is behind the company firewall, so can only be accessed within the confines of the offices. The only thing we need are first and last name, and email address. Is it possible to go a step further and get rid of the password field?

Not without some further recoding - but that you would have to do yourself. The contribution I've posted is the one that most people want, and I wouldn't add the password field as another opt-out field.

You would have to add ACCOUNT_PASSWORD to the sql file (you'll see where), and then copy the "if ACCOUNT_PASSWORD == true" statement, as per the other entries in create_account.php - and in some of the other files also.

Vger

Archived