• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

I'm sorry but I've no idea. i would have to set it up and test it. You may want to try posting in the gneral forum since there must be others than use the language.

how can I contact you outside the forum? maybe you can test it on my shop?

Now I have an issue with very old links to my site that still exist out there in cyber space.

I need an htaccess rewrite (301) to fix the issue before the url is passed to the SEO rewrite in the htaccess file.

Links coming in look like this,

product_info.php?products_id=168/Q####-##### (# sign of course are actually numbers)

The URL works as far as landing on the right item in the catalog, but, wont work if you click the Add To Cart button.

So I just need to drop everything after the /

then let the SEO rewrite work

and of course it would have to work for all product ID's and anything after the slash

If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice, I will choose a purpose clear, I will choose Free Will. --Neal Peart - Rush

Now I have an issue with very old links to my site that still exist out there in cyber space.

I need an htaccess rewrite (301) to fix the issue before the url is passed to the SEO rewrite in the htaccess file.

Links coming in look like this,

product_info.php?products_id=168/Q####-##### (# sign of course are actually numbers)

That's not anything to do with this contribution. You need to work out the rewrite and have it direct to the non-rewrtiten url. I suggest tuning this contribution off while testing so it doesn't confuse the issue.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

That's not anything to do with this contribution. You need to work out the rewrite and have it direct to the non-rewrtiten url. I suggest tuning this contribution off while testing so it doesn't confuse the issue.

It has everything to do with this contrib

This line in htaccess

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

is picking up content in the URL after

...products_id=###

in my case product_info.php?products_id=###/####

I am trying to work out how to change this rule

so that everything is dropped from the new URL after the product ID# starting with that /

If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice, I will choose a purpose clear, I will choose Free Will. --Neal Peart - Rush

The solution to my problem turned out to be a simple one.

You can not escape and use a literal question mark in a match line in htaccess.

So you have to use a query string and pick out what you need and throw out the rest.

This is what I used.

RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^(products_id=[0-9]+)/[a-zA-Z0-9-]+$

RewriteRule ^product_info\.php$ /product_info.php?%1 [R=301,L]

Works like a charm.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I had a third party developer install this contribution and I just wanted to verify that it is working properly. When showing in google, should the URLs be the seo urls or the original urls?

I'm seeing the original URLS which is of course rewrote by .htaccess when I go to the page. Also all links show up as the old URLs but once you visit them they are correct.

Is this the correct functionality? So when uploading a sitemap to google it is OK to use the original URLs? We will still get SEO benefit?

Thanks a lot for writing this great contribution.

Hi,

I had a third party developer install this contribution and I just wanted to verify that it is working properly. When showing in google, should the URLs be the seo urls or the original urls?

I'm seeing the original URLS which is of course rewrote by .htaccess when I go to the page. Also all links show up as the old URLs but once you visit them they are correct.

Is this the correct functionality? So when uploading a sitemap to google it is OK to use the original URLs? We will still get SEO benefit?

Thanks a lot for writing this great contribution.

The urls listed with the search engines should be the rewritten ones. But if they are urls that were listed prior to installing this contribution, they won't get changed until the search engine visits them, which may be a while. It's not OK to use a sitemap with non-rewritten urls. If the google sitemap contribution is installed and setup corectly, this shouldn't happen.

By the way, the person that did this work for you should know these answers. But if you hired someone from one of the rent-a-coder-like sites, for example, they may not know such details. In that case, be careful in using them since they can cause problems with changes that are not oscommerce-friendly. I've fixed a lot of shops that have had such work done.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi,

I installed this contribution, and I can't open my site as I get a 500 Internal Error.

Error message looks like:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, root@@localhost and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

My Site: http://www.opti-pac.co.uk/index.php

.htaccess file looks like:

# $Id$
#
# This is used with Apache WebServers
#
# For this to work, you must include the parameter 'Options' to
# the AllowOverride configuration
#
# Example:
#
# <Directory "/usr/local/apache/htdocs">
#   AllowOverride Options
# </Directory>
#
# 'All' with also work. (This configuration is in the
# apache/conf/httpd.conf file)
# The following makes adjustments to the SSL protocol for Internet
# Explorer browsers
#<IfModule mod_setenvif.c>
#  <IfDefine SSL>
#    SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" \
#			 nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \
#			 downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0
#  </IfDefine>
#</IfModule>
# If Search Engine Friendly URLs do not work, try enabling the
# following Apache configuration parameter
# AcceptPathInfo On
# Fix certain PHP values
# (commented out by default to prevent errors occuring on certain
# servers)
# php_value session.use_trans_sid 0
# php_value register_globals 1
# Begin Ultimate SEO V2.2d
Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine On
 # RewriteBase instructions
 # Change RewriteBase dependent on how your shop is accessed as below.
 # http://www.mysite.com = RewriteBase /
 # http://www.mysite.com/catalog/ = RewriteBase /catalog/ 
 # http://www.mysite.com/catalog/shop/ = RewriteBase /catalog/shop/
 # Change the following line using the instructions above 

RewriteBase /index/
RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-(.*).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-(.*).html$ popup_image.php?pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-by-(.*).html$ all-products.php?fl=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-(.*).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-(.*).html$ article_info.php?articles_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-au-(.*).html$ articles.php?authors_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-(.*).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-(.*).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-f-(.*).html$ faqdesk_info.php?faqdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-fc-(.*).html$ faqdesk_index.php?faqPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-fri-(.*).html$ faqdesk_reviews_info.php?faqdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-fra-(.*).html$ faqdesk_reviews_article.php?faqdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-i-(.*).html$ information.php?info_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-links-(.*).html$ links.php?lPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pm-([0-9]+).html$ info_pages.php?pages_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-n-(.*).html$ newsdesk_info.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-nc-(.*).html$ newsdesk_index.php?newsPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-nri-(.*).html$ newsdesk_reviews_info.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-nra-(.*).html$ newsdesk_reviews_article.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-po-([0-9]+).html$ pollbooth.php?pollid=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
# End Ultimate SEO V2.2d

Any help much appreciated!

Thanks

Chemo mentions the Abstract Code feature where it can be used with other contribs that generate links.

Is there currently a Froogle datafeed contrib that has this feature enabled? Can anyone please point me to the one I'd want for this purpose?

I don't understand what you are referring to but this contribution works with googlebase and this contribution.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi,

I installed this contribution, and I can't open my site as I get a 500 Internal Error.

Change
RewriteBase /index/

to

RewriteBase /

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The urls listed with the search engines should be the rewritten ones. But if they are urls that were listed prior to installing this contribution, they won't get changed until the search engine visits them, which may be a while. It's not OK to use a sitemap with non-rewritten urls. If the google sitemap contribution is installed and setup corectly, this shouldn't happen.

By the way, the person that did this work for you should know these answers. But if you hired someone from one of the rent-a-coder-like sites, for example, they may not know such details. In that case, be careful in using them since they can cause problems with changes that are not oscommerce-friendly. I've fixed a lot of shops that have had such work done.

Unfortunately I did use elance, and the developer that coded Ultimate SEO jumped ship before we had another fix the rest of the site. When I generate a google base feed do the links need to be the SEO links? I have the correct setting in the googlefeeder.php for seo urls, but they show as product_info.php?product_id=blah

Thanks for your help on this.

Edited by jonesy827

Unfortunately I did use elance, and the developer that coded Ultimate SEO jumped ship before we had another fix the rest of the site. When I generate a google base feed do the links need to be the SEO links? I have the correct setting in the googlefeeder.php for seo urls.

Thanks for your help on this.

Yes, they do. It didn't use to matter but google complains about it now and will threaten to remove the links if not fixed.

If you don't mind saying, I'm curious why you would use a site like that when there are many talented programers here that are, probably, more familiar with the code?

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

@@Jack_mcs

I have just tried that and I still get the same error message.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks

First, verify with your host that mod_rewrite is enabled on the server. If it is, then you can remove this line in the .htaccess file t see if that helps.
Options +FollowSymLinks

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Yes, they do. It didn't use to matter but google complains about it now and will threaten to remove the links if not fixed.

If you don't mind saying, I'm curious why you would use a site like that when there are many talented programers here that are, probably, more familiar with the code?

We were hooked by the price of a full site design and contribution installation, which we can now see was quite a big mistake. We ended up spending more than we paid the original developer to get most of the problems fixed.

I sent you an email regarding the problems we are having now and having them fixed. Thanks for your help with my questions.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, i'm french so sorry for my english :blink:

I have a problem with this addons :

if i have a url with accent like for example hxxp://www.example.com/créateur.html

it modify by hxxp://www.example.com/crateur.html (the é is delete)

my problème is by this code :

function strip($string){

if ( is_array($this->attributes['SEO_CHAR_CONVERT_SET']) ) $string = strtr($string, $this->attributes['SEO_CHAR_CONVERT_SET']);

$pattern = $this->attributes['SEO_REMOVE_ALL_SPEC_CHARS'] == 'true'

// ? "([^[:alnum:]])+"

// : "([[:punct:]])+";

? "([^[:alnum:]])"

: "/[^a-z0-9- ]/i";

$string = preg_replace('/(('))/', '-', strtolower($string)); //remove apostrophe - not caught by above

//$anchor = preg_replace($pattern, '', mb_convert_case($string, MB_CASE_LOWER, "utf-8"));

$anchor = preg_replace($pattern, '', strtolower($string));

$pattern = "([[:space:]]|[[:blank:]])";

$anchor = preg_replace($pattern, '-', $anchor);

return $this->short_name($anchor); // return the short filtered name

} # end function

and i don't know how can i modify this for the é or à.. are not delete.

if anybody have an idea ?

thanks a lot...

Stone66

if i have a url with accent like for example hxxp://www.example.com/créateur.html

it modify by hxxp://www.example.com/crateur.html (the é is delete)

my problème is by this code :

There is a convert option in the settings. Use that to get the characters to display.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

There is a convert option in the settings. Use that to get the characters to display.

Yes i know and i test this, i put this : é=>e but there is no difference (the é is delete in the URL)

I think accented characters are not part of [a-z] in UTF-8 ?

my configuration is this :

I have oscommerce v2.3.1

Edited by stone66

Yes i know and i test this, i put this : é=>e but there is no difference (the é is delete in the URL)

I think accented characters are not part of [a-z] in UTF-8 ?

my configuration is this :

I have oscommerce v2.3.1

Oh, I see. You shouldn't use accented characters in the url.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Oh, I see. You shouldn't use accented characters in the url.

yes :sweating:

if the url is for example

hxxp://www.example.fr/créateur.html

i would like

hxxp://www.example.fr/createur.html and not hxxp://www.example.fr/crateur.html

do you understand me with my best english :- (lol)

thanks,

ston66

if the url is for example

hxxp://www.example.fr/créateur.html

i would like

hxxp://www.example.fr/createur.html and not hxxp://www.example.fr/crateur.html

That shouldn't be happening if you are using the conversion option. You may want to re-check that. Also, be sure you are using the latest version.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello,

Many thanks for this outstanding work and for the professionnal coding and documents!

I have a question about the fact that both URL :

- http://librairie-hussard.com/catalog/antiq-revol-moyen-armes-armures-xves-p-2914.html

- http://librairie-hussard.com/catalog/antiq-revol-moyen-armes-armures-xves-p-2914.html?language=fr

are leading to the same page, french beeing the default language.

Is it Ok for bots?

Would'nt be preferable to always give language=xx parameter?

Sincerly yours, BD

Hy there!

I searched among lots of sites and forums, but I couldn't find any solution for my problem.

Please help me, 'cause I'm getting mad :'(

I have a 2.2 oscommerce store and sometimes when I refresh my site or I delete the browsing history or cache in my browser

(it doesn't depend if it's Internet Explorer os Mozilla or Google Chrome) I get the followong error:

1146 - Table '[my database name].TABLE_SEARCH_ENGINE_IP' doesn't exist

insert into TABLE_SEARCH_ENGINE_IP (ip_address) values ('213.222.166.168')

I don't know if the problem belongs to Ultimate SEO URLs contrib (yes, it is installed in the store) or not, but I'm getting hopeless :'( not to find the solution.

I know that the above lines say that I don't have the Search_Engine_IP table but I didn't install any contrib that said anything about this table.How can I solve the problem?

Please HELP!

Hello,

Many thanks for this outstanding work and for the professionnal coding and documents!

I have a question about the fact that both URL :

- http://librairie-hussard.com/catalog/antiq-revol-moyen-armes-armures-xves-p-2914.html

- http://librairie-hussard.com/catalog/antiq-revol-moyen-armes-armures-xves-p-2914.html?language=fr

are leading to the same page, french beeing the default language.

Is it Ok for bots?

Would'nt be preferable to always give language=xx parameter?

Yes, it is fine, assuming the text on each page is in a different language.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hy there!

I searched among lots of sites and forums, but I couldn't find any solution for my problem.

1146 - Table '[my database name].TABLE_SEARCH_ENGINE_IP' doesn't exist

insert into TABLE_SEARCH_ENGINE_IP (ip_address) values ('213.222.166.168')

I don't know if the problem belongs to Ultimate SEO URLs contrib (yes, it is installed in the store) or not, but I'm getting hopeless :'( not to find the solution.

I know that the above lines say that I don't have the Search_Engine_IP table but I didn't install any contrib that said anything about this table.How can I solve the problem?

The capital letters indicate you are missing a definition but the missing item is not part of this contribution. You will need toask in the support thread for whatever contribution it is.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons