[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

• Please log in to reply
6949 replies to this topic

#6341   nicola.pegorer

nicola.pegorer
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 15:19

This contribution won't allow that. You can try using SEO 5. I think it allows that. Of course, you will have to deal with its incompatibility issues.

Thanks Jack. I had a look to other contributions and found out that Ultimate SEO Urls 5 PRO offers exactly what I need: it is called multi language functionality. There's also an upgrade path from Ultimate SEU Urls 2 contributions to SEO 5 PRO.

I'll try in my test site this kind of upgrade, because even the assistance forum of google confirmed that to be effectively indexed in different countries it's necessary to separate language sections of the site.

A last question: what do you mean with "incompatibility issues" ?

#6342 ONLINE   Jack_mcs

Jack_mcs
  • Members
  • 26,465 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 16:46

A last question: what do you mean with "incompatibility issues" ?

It has a number of problems with various addons, or at least it did last time I looked at it. Maybe they have all been address now.

#6343   nahi_sonu

nahi_sonu
  • Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 04:16

Hi,
ive installed this contribution and it works perfectly as i wanted..
there is one problem thou...

my homepage is a custom url.. and when i enable the mod, it says 404 error for the homepage.

url: http://breatheapparel.com

ive disabled the mod for now.. please if someone can provide a solution for such url or a way to exclude this specific url to rewrite?
thanks
outside links are not allowed in signatures

#6344   achieve

achieve
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 12:17

Hi, there was a separate thread about "Fatal error: allowed memory size .... seo.class.php....." I thought I'd post my experience with this here. First post included below:

"Hi guys, I run a successful website on osCommerce and we're moving over to a new server. Copied all the files and database across. I've done all the configuration changes I think I need but I am stuck with one error I cannot fathom that's stopping me running any page.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 31457280 bytes) in /home/jandb/public_html/includes/classes/seo.class.php(1657) : eval()'d code on line 21846

If I use the PHP command to up the memory limit it just does the same exhausting what I increase it to.

I don't understand the line 21846 either since it doesn't even have that many lines.

Anyone help please?"

----------

I had same issue after moving client website to new server. There are 20,000 producst in this shop. I did end up re-installing SEO v2.2d, as verson I had was a slightly earlier version. However I stiil ended up with same error. Resetting SEO Url Cache would allow me see the homepage etc, but I would get an error if I tried any links.

Then in admin, I turned off (made false) all the settings for caching, and website now works. However, I do think that this could have an effect on website speed,
but at least am not receiving errors for the moment. I will play around with this some more, and post any other updates.

#6345 ONLINE   Jack_mcs

Jack_mcs
  • Members
  • 26,465 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 13:14

my homepage is a custom url.. and when i enable the mod, it says 404 error for the homepage.

url: http://breatheapparel.com

ive disabled the mod for now.. please if someone can provide a solution for such url or a way to exclude this specific url to rewrite?
thanks

You've got the home page going directly to a category page. My guess is that you didn't code that url using the link function in oscommerce. The rewrite will only work correctly if that function is used. See other links in your shop, like in includes/modules/product_listing.php, to see how to code it correctly.

#6346   nahi_sonu

nahi_sonu
  • Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 03:16

You've got the home page going directly to a category page. My guess is that you didn't code that url using the link function in oscommerce. The rewrite will only work correctly if that function is used. See other links in your shop, like in includes/modules/product_listing.php, to see how to code it correctly.

Hi,
im not that good with php so im not sure where to look at for that change to make. can you please guide me on how to fix it? [img]http://forums.oscommerce.com//public/style_emoticons/default/sad.png[/img]
ive attached my index.html and index.php so you know what exactly is happening here

Attached Files

#6347   nahi_sonu

nahi_sonu
  • Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 03:28

Hi,
im not that good with php so im not sure where to look at for that change to make. can you please guide me on how to fix it? [img]http://forums.oscommerce.com//public/style_emoticons/default/sad.png[/img]
ive attached my index.html and index.php so you know what exactly is happening here

Attached Files

#6348   achieve

achieve
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 09:07

Hi, there was a separate thread about "Fatal error: allowed memory size .... seo.class.php....." I thought I'd post my experience with this here. First post included below:

----------

I had same issue after moving client website to new server. There are 20,000 producst in this shop. I did end up re-installing SEO v2.2d, as verson I had was a slightly earlier version. However I stiil ended up with same error. Resetting SEO Url Cache would allow me see the homepage etc, but I would get an error if I tried any links.

Then in admin, I turned off (made false) all the settings for caching, and website now works. However, I do think that this could have an effect on website speed,
but at least am not receiving errors for the moment. I will play around with this some more, and post any other updates.

Upping the PHP memory limit from 32 to 64MB enabled me to turn cache back on!

#6349   nahi_sonu

nahi_sonu
  • Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 15:10

Hi,

hi.. any update??? im still waiting for the fix

#6350 ONLINE   Jack_mcs

Jack_mcs
  • Members
  • 26,465 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 16:47

hi.. any update??? [img]http://forums.oscommerce.com//public/style_emoticons/default/sad.png[/img] im still waiting for the fix [img]http://forums.oscommerce.com//public/style_emoticons/default/sad.png[/img]

This is a forum where help is provided freely and at the whim of the person supplying it. If you need something fixed on your shop and can't find an answer here, then you either need to fix it yourself or pay someone to fix it for you.

#6351   Trentide

Trentide
  • Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 19:26

Hi, thanks again for this invaluable contribution! I have a question, I'm hoping someone can answer. I recently upgraded my site from 2.2 to 2.3 and now it looks like the contribution may not be working properly. I'm getting this

http://www.subcitize...facturers_id=12

instead of

http://www.subcitize...-bros-m-12.html

I'm also having problems with the Categories url's. Funny enough, the actual product url's are fine.

So my question is "Do I need to simply upgrade my version of this contribution"? My version according to my .htaccess file is Ultimate SEO V2.2d.

Thanks so much!

jason

#6352 ONLINE   Jack_mcs

Jack_mcs
  • Members
  • 26,465 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:31

Hi, thanks again for this invaluable contribution! I have a question, I'm hoping someone can answer. I recently upgraded my site from 2.2 to 2.3 and now it looks like the contribution may not be working properly. I'm getting this

http://www.subcitize...facturers_id=12

instead of

http://www.subcitize...-bros-m-12.html

I'm also having problems with the Categories url's. Funny enough, the actual product url's are fine.

So my question is "Do I need to simply upgrade my version of this contribution"? My version according to my .htaccess file is Ultimate SEO V2.2d.

This addon works fine with 2.3. It would seem you either made a mistake in the installation, are not using the latest version or the manufacturers code in your shop has been altered in a non-oscommerce way.

#6353   praveen.ngws

praveen.ngws
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:23

how to give special character conversions for "white space" replaced by "-" and also 4" inch...

#6354 ONLINE   Jack_mcs

Jack_mcs
  • Members
  • 26,465 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:58

how to give special character conversions for "white space" replaced by "-" and also 4" inch...

Those should already be replaced by the code You may need to turn on the "Remove all non-alphanumeric characters?" setting. You could also try the conversion option in the settigs though I don't think those will be caught. . Otherwise, the code would have to be edited.

#6355   CORENERED

CORENERED
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 16:57

Hi Chemo, I need your help, please.
I am installing the SEO module, but when I get to see each item, I get error, the strange thing isthat theurlof each productis already inhtml.

#6356 ONLINE   Jack_mcs

Jack_mcs
  • Members
  • 26,465 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 23:15

Hi Chemo, I need your help, please.
I am installing the SEO module, but when I get to see each item, I get error, the strange thing isthat theurlof each productis already inhtml.

Chemo is no longer with us.

What is the error?

#6357   Trentide

Trentide
  • Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 05:09

Hi. Thanks for looking at my post. I'm having trouble trying to use a 301 redirect from an old page to a new one using the .htaccess file. This is the code I used:

redirect 301 /old/old.htm http://www.you.com/new.htm

It didn't work. Could it be the other code in the .htaccess file regarding Ultimate SEO URL's that is keeping me from doing this? How do I change it? Also, I heard that if you have too many lines of code in your .htaccess file it could slow down your site. Is this true?

Thanks so much,

Jason

#6358 ONLINE   Jack_mcs

Jack_mcs
  • Members
  • 26,465 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 14:08

Hi. Thanks for looking at my post. I'm having trouble trying to use a 301 redirect from an old page to a new one using the .htaccess file. This is the code I used:

redirect 301 /old/old.htm http://www.you.com/new.htm

It didn't work. Could it be the other code in the .htaccess file regarding Ultimate SEO URL's that is keeping me from doing this? How do I change it? Also, I heard that if you have too many lines of code in your .htaccess file it could slow down your site. Is this true?

Thanks so much,

Jason

Redirect old url's isn't something covered in this trhead. You can post in the general forum or search the web for how to do it.

Yes, large .htaccess files can slow the site down. Actually, just using the .htaccess file in the first place will slow the site down. But the slowdown is minimal in most cases. I suppose if your .htaccess file reached 100 KB in size you might start noticing it but if it is that big, you are probably doing something wrong. Plus, it also has to do with the contents of the file, not just the size.

#6359   Trentide

Trentide
  • Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 17:28

Thanks Jack! I always think highly of your comments and experience. I guess what I was thinking was that somehow the text in the .htaccess file regarding the Ultimate SEO contribution was keeping me from redirecting old products and manufacturers using the 301 redirect code stated above. I guess this isn't the case?

Thanks so much!

Jason

#6360 ONLINE   Jack_mcs

Jack_mcs
  • Members
  • 26,465 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 18:07

Thanks Jack! I always think highly of your comments and experience. I guess what I was thinking was that somehow the text in the .htaccess file regarding the Ultimate SEO contribution was keeping me from redirecting old products and manufacturers using the 301 redirect code stated above. I guess this isn't the case?

Thanks so much!

Jason

You're welcome. I appreciate the kind words.

If you don't have the rewrite engine command before your commands, then they would fail but the redirect code for this contribution wouldn't cause a problem, at least that I can think of.