• Please log in to reply
6952 replies to this topic

#6321   Jack_mcs

Jack_mcs
  • Members
  • 26,503 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 14:51

Hello,

I installed the program. Works well in google chrome, but the problem is in internet explorer.

For example:

In google chrome the link looks like this: http://www.boogiepet...-tera-p-90.html

And Internet Explorer as follows:

http://www.boogiepet...30ef66368d835ce

I want to know how I can remove the series of numbers that follows after. Html and how I can remove in the p-90 too.

As there is a faster way of doing the program? runs slow

The numbers that follow are called the session ID and if they appear for more than a click it is because your configure file is not setup correctly. No, you can't get rid of the p-90. If you want more details on these, simply read back through the thread since they get asked on about every page.

#6322   zinor

zinor
  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 12:56

Hello , i don't know why i cant see the name of manufacture in the URL while i enabled manufactures cache ?
can anyone help me to use the producer / manufacture in the URLS ?

Edited by zinor, 18 October 2011 - 13:10.

#6323   zinor

zinor
  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 10:42

does anyone how to fix it ?

#6324   Papadish

Papadish
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 15:36

Yes, it will work.

I am attempting to install this to 2.3.1 and have found some of the code that needs to be replaced not exactly the same as the code in my store.
Install says look for this:

if ($connection == 'NONSSL') {
$link = HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG;
} elseif ($connection == 'SSL') {
if (ENABLE_SSL == true) {
$link = HTTPS_SERVER . DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG;
} else {
}
} else {
die('<br><br><font color="#ff0000"><b>Error!</b></font><br><br><b>Unable to determine connection method on a link!<br><br>Known methods: NONSSL SSL</b><br><br>');
}
if (tep_not_null($parameters)) {
$link .= $page . '?' . tep_output_string($parameters);
$separator = '&';
} else {
$link .= $page;
$separator = '?';
}
while ( (substr($link, -1) == '&') || (substr($link, -1) == '?') ) $link = substr($link, 0, -1);
// Add the session ID when moving from different HTTP and HTTPS servers, or when SID is defined
if ( ($add_session_id == true) && ($session_started == true) && (SESSION_FORCE_COOKIE_USE == 'False') ) {
if (tep_not_null($SID)) {
$_sid = $SID;
} elseif ( ( ($request_type == 'NONSSL') && ($connection == 'SSL') && (ENABLE_SSL == true) ) || ( ($request_type == 'SSL') && ($connection == 'NONSSL') ) ) {
if (HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN != HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN) {
$_sid = tep_session_name() . '=' . tep_session_id();
}
}
}
if ( (SEARCH_ENGINE_FRIENDLY_URLS == 'true') && ($search_engine_safe == true) ) {
while (strstr($link, '&&')) $link = str_replace('&&', '&', $link);
$link = str_replace('?', '/', $link);
$link = str_replace('&', '/', $link);
$link = str_replace('=', '/', $link);
$separator = '?';
}
if (isset($_sid)) {
$link .= $separator . $_sid;
}
return $link;

This is what my code is:
if

($connection == 'NONSSL') {
}
elseif ($connection == 'SSL') {

if (ENABLE_SSL == true) {
$link = HTTPS_SERVER . DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG;
}
else {
}
}
else {

die('</td></tr></table></td></tr></table><br /><br /><font color="#ff0000"><strong>Error!</strong></font><br /><br /><strong>Unable to determine connection method on a link!<br /><br />Known methods: NONSSL SSL</strong><br /><br />');
}

if (tep_not_null($parameters)) {
$link .= $page .
'?' . tep_output_string($parameters);
$separator =
'&';
}
else {
$link .= $page;
$separator =
'?';
}

while ( (substr($link, -1) == '&') || (substr($link, -1) == '?') ) $link = substr($link, 0, -1);

// Add the session ID when moving from different HTTP and HTTPS servers, or when SID is defined

if ( ($add_session_id == true) && ($session_started == true) && (SESSION_FORCE_COOKIE_USE == 'False') ) {

if (tep_not_null($SID)) {
$_sid = $SID;
}
elseif ( ( ($request_type == 'NONSSL') && ($connection == 'SSL') && (ENABLE_SSL == true) ) || ( ($request_type == 'SSL') && ($connection == 'NONSSL') ) ) {

if (HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN != HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN) {
$_sid = tep_session_name() .
'=' . tep_session_id();
}
}
}

if (isset($_sid)) {
$link .= $separator . tep_output_string($_sid);
}

while (strstr($link, '&&')) $link = str_replace('&&', '&', $link);

if ( (SEARCH_ENGINE_FRIENDLY_URLS == 'true') && ($search_engine_safe == true) ) {
$link = str_replace(
'?', '/', $link);
$link = str_replace(
'&', '/', $link);
$link = str_replace(
'=', '/', $link);
}
else {
$link = str_replace(
'&', '&amp;', $link);
}

return $link;
}

My OSC install has been around a few months and is not clean and sterile... is this a problem? I have changed nothing as of yet, just going through the code changes as stated in the intall.html.

Papadish

#6325   Jack_mcs

Jack_mcs
  • Members
  • 26,503 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 16:16

I am attempting to install this to 2.3.1 and have found some of the code that needs to be replaced not exactly the same as the code in my store.
Install says look for this:

You don't mention the code you are referring to but, assuming it is the code in the html_output.php file, just replace the whole function.

#6326   Papadish

Papadish
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 23:11

Yes, I'm sorry I didn't give you the page. Thank you for responding.

#6327   Papadish

Papadish
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 17:57

I have a question when editing .htaccess file. Do I replace all the code with the code in the install instructions or add. It looks to me like replace but the instructions are not clear on this. There is more above this dealing with SSL.
Thank you in advance.

Existing Code:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTPS} off
RewriteRule (.*) https://%{HTTP_HOST}%{REQUEST_URI}

<Files ~ "\.inc$">
Order allow,deny
Deny from all
</Files>
<Files ~ "\.inf$">
Order allow,deny
Deny from all
</Files>
<Files ~ "\.ini$">
Order allow,deny
Deny from all
</Files>
<Files ~ "\.hta$">
Order allow,deny
Deny from all
</Files>

Edited by Papadish, 20 October 2011 - 18:10.

#6328   Jack_mcs

Jack_mcs
  • Members
  • 26,503 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 23:17

I have a question when editing .htaccess file. Do I replace all the code with the code in the install instructions or add. It looks to me like replace but the instructions are not clear on this. There is more above this dealing with SSL.

Hmm, interesting. No one's ever mentioned that oversight before and I've never noticed it. You are correct, the instructions are not clear for that part. You can generally place that code anywhere in the .htaccess file but if you already have the RewriteEngine On statement, you don't need another. You can copy from the line RewriteBase /YOU HAVE TO CHANGE ME/ to the bottom in the instructions and place that at the bottom of your .htaccess file and you should be all set (be sure to change it as directed though).

#6329   Papadish

Papadish
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 12:48

Hmm, interesting. No one's ever mentioned that oversight before and I've never noticed it. You are correct, the instructions are not clear for that part. You can generally place that code anywhere in the .htaccess file but if you already have the RewriteEngine On statement, you don't need another. You can copy from the line RewriteBase /YOU HAVE TO CHANGE ME/ to the bottom in the instructions and place that at the bottom of your .htaccess file and you should be all set (be sure to change it as directed though).

Thank you for such a rapid response. I am working with this on a dedicated testing server with the site under /catalog/. The live site is in the root, so I will have to change the Rewritebase again when it goes to the live site. Do you reccomend this approach? I have backed up the backups.

#6330   Jack_mcs

Jack_mcs
  • Members
  • 26,503 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 13:42

Thank you for such a rapid response. I am working with this on a dedicated testing server with the site under /catalog/. The live site is in the root, so I will have to change the Rewritebase again when it goes to the live site. Do you reccomend this approach? I have backed up the backups.

Yes, that's fine.

#6331   VictoriaZiemlewicz

VictoriaZiemlewicz
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 23:22

I have downloaded the file but I am not sure where I add it to my site. Can someone please tell me what to do? Thanks in advance

#6332   Jack_mcs

Jack_mcs
  • Members
  • 26,503 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 23:35

Just follow the instructions included with the contribution.

#6333   MolnárZoltán

MolnárZoltán
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 19:45

I installed this contribution on my osc 2.3.1. Everything is good, all the links are good, only 1 thing dont want to work.
ENLARGE PRODUCT IMAGE. Its not working if U-seo is active.
This product image enlarge dont work if i turn on in the admin the search-engine safe URLs. If i turn it off, images are good, but i dont have SEO URLs then.

Somebody knows what should i do?

Please help me!

#6334   Jack_mcs

Jack_mcs
  • Members
  • 26,503 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 00:16

I installed this contribution on my osc 2.3.1. Everything is good, all the links are good, only 1 thing dont want to work.
ENLARGE PRODUCT IMAGE. Its not working if U-seo is active.
This product image enlarge dont work if i turn on in the admin the search-engine safe URLs. If i turn it off, images are good, but i dont have SEO URLs then.

Somebody knows what should i do?

Please help me!

Search Engine safe url's won't work with this contribution. The code in it will just turn that option off. As for the enalrge not working, it all other links in your shop work correctly, then there is something wrong with the code for that popup since this contribuiton doesn't affect it directly.

#6335   MolnárZoltán

MolnárZoltán
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 16:37

Search engine safe urls are turned off. And when i turn them off, the enlarge image works correctly. When i turn it on, dont works. I said this problem because with the ultimate seo the problem is the same. The search engine safe urls are off, and ultimate seo is installed, and image enlarge dont work. What could be the problem? It is a 2.3.1 version, not 2.2.

#6336   Jack_mcs

Jack_mcs
  • Members
  • 26,503 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 17:10

Search engine safe urls are turned off. And when i turn them off, the enlarge image works correctly. When i turn it on, dont works. I said this problem because with the ultimate seo the problem is the same. The search engine safe urls are off, and ultimate seo is installed, and image enlarge dont work. What could be the problem? It is a 2.3.1 version, not 2.2.

Something is wrong with your code. As mentioned, this contribuiton doesn't distinguish between parts of the shop.

#6337   nicola.pegorer

nicola.pegorer
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 01:43

Hello,

in order to be able to index my site separately for each language, I wonder if the Ultimate SEO Url contribution might be modified to allow the ?language=xx parameter to be included in the url to obtain a virtual language directory....I mean - for example for the product id=16 - something like:

www.example.com/it/italian-product-name-p-16.html
www.example.com/en/english-product-name-p-16.html
etc....

Has anyone faced this problem before ?

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestion.

#6338   Jack_mcs

Jack_mcs
  • Members
  • 26,503 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 02:30

Hello,

in order to be able to index my site separately for each language, I wonder if the Ultimate SEO Url contribution might be modified to allow the ?language=xx parameter to be included in the url to obtain a virtual language directory....I mean - for example for the product id=16 - something like:

www.example.com/it/italian-product-name-p-16.html
www.example.com/en/english-product-name-p-16.html
etc....

Has anyone faced this problem before ?

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestion.

That wouldn't work, assuming you are using one of the canonical contributions, which you should be, since they look for the language at the end of the url. The language is already included in the url anyway so such a change shouldn't be necessary.

#6339   nicola.pegorer

nicola.pegorer
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 08:41

That wouldn't work, assuming you are using one of the canonical contributions, which you should be, since they look for the language at the end of the url. The language is already included in the url anyway so such a change shouldn't be necessary.

Hello Jack,

thanks for your reply. I'm not sure if I properly understood your answer.
I'm already using the Ultimate SEO URL's 2.2d11.
In my post previous post I meant that to have "language urls" like those I posted (for example with a virtual directory www.example.com/it/.. , /en/.., /de/.. etc would be very useful to effectively index the site in different countries and languages.
If the contribution allowed this possibility one would be able to set a different virtual site for each language in Google Webmaster tools (see for example: http://www.google.co...y?answer=182192 ).

Kind rgds.

#6340   Jack_mcs

Jack_mcs
  • Members
  • 26,503 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 12:49

Hello Jack,

thanks for your reply. I'm not sure if I properly understood your answer.
I'm already using the Ultimate SEO URL's 2.2d11.
In my post previous post I meant that to have &quot;language urls&quot; like those I posted (for example with a virtual directory www.example.com/it/.. , /en/.., /de/.. etc would be very useful to effectively index the site in different countries and languages.
If the contribution allowed this possibility one would be able to set a different virtual site for each language in Google Webmaster tools (see for example: http://www.google.co...y?answer=182192 ).

This contribution won't allow that. You can try using SEO 5. I think it allows that. Of course, you will have to deal with its incompatibility issues.