### POINTS AND REWARDS MODULE V1.00 ###

• Please log in to reply
2127 replies to this topic

#41   Tamsyn

Tamsyn
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 14:48

Does anyone have the Credit Class Contributuion installed with this?

I've got points being added and showing up in the account ok.

I can't redeem them though. There is no box on the checkout_payment.php page.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm being stupid /pinch.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='>_<' /> I had a minimum redemption figure set which is why it didn't show up.

Tamsyn

#42   fatmcgav

fatmcgav
  • Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 14:50

Does this contribution allow to pay part by Points and part by other Method in the same order ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeh, the customer can redem any number of their points, from none to all of them, and the outstanding balance is paid in the normal way.

#43   fatmcgav

fatmcgav
  • Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 14:52

In the install instructions, this bit:

G.  open catalog/checkout_process.php
Clear sessions used at checkout if by any chance they still active.

Find... (aprox. line 275)

tep_session_unregister('comments');

... and add after.....

tep_session_unregister('customer_shopping_points');// Points/Rewards  Module v1.00
  tep_session_unregister('customer_shopping_points_spending');// Points/Rewards  Module v1.00

should refer to logoff.php

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That makes sense - i did wonderwhy it said to modify the same file with the same information twice /blink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' /> /dry.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='<_<' /> /huh.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':huh:' />

#44   deep-silver

deep-silver
  • Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 16:41

To all of you out there.
It's good to know that you can run this mod on your site and thank god that all the
post here regard the YEN or $ got clear and more then all the problem with missing fuction that some people where having errors.
well to be hunest I really don't find any diff in the catalog/includes/functions/redemptions.php that i have in my site and the one that had been fixed if you compers the files you will see that its the same file.
the most recent updated or latest or call it what ever you want but its still Points/Rewards Module v1.00 since nothing changed in the files and WORKING vesrsion was up and running way before who ever made it to v.100
and the screenshots and live test can confirm that, for me its still Points/Rewards Module v1.00 and its still consider beta and subject to bugs or error. even if its looks like it run well you must remember that i just made it and it take time before
other users try it enough to find bugs.
BUT its really dosent metter you can call it Points/Rewards Module v1.00 or Points/Rewards Module v1.2 its up to you as long as you happy it with then im happy to .that is the reson i made it from the first place.
God bless all of us.
DEEP SILVER ACCESSORY
p.s please don't mine my spelling mistakes /laugh.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />
Remember - - - "STRESSED" spelled backwards "DESSERTS"

#45   fatmcgav

fatmcgav
  • Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 16:57

Thats cool dude /biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

The problems were caused by the redemptions.php file in the original zip file missing some code - this was fixed evetually by the last upload /biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />
The parse error was due to a missed line in the installation file, but this was also corrected with the 1.2 upload.

Just making sure it works for everybody out of the box.

Still a great contrib though dude /biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

To all of you out there.
It's good to know that you can run this mod on your site and thank god that all the
post here regard the YEN or $ got clear and more then all the problem with missing fuction that some people where having errors.
well to be hunest I really don't find any diff in the catalog/includes/functions/redemptions.php that i have in my site and the one that had been fixed if you compers the files you will see that its the same file.
the most recent updated or latest or call it what ever you want but its still Points/Rewards Module v1.00 since nothing changed in the files and WORKING vesrsion was up and running way before who ever made it to v.100
and the screenshots and live test can confirm that, for me its still Points/Rewards Module v1.00 and its still consider beta and subject to bugs or error. even if its looks like it run well you must remember that i just made it and it take time before
other users try it enough to find bugs.
BUT its really dosent metter you can call it Points/Rewards Module v1.00 or Points/Rewards Module v1.2 its up to you as long as you happy it with then im happy to .that is the reson i made it from the first place.
God bless all of us.
DEEP SILVER ACCESSORY
p.s please don't mine my spelling mistakes /laugh.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#46   deep-silver

deep-silver
  • Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 17:34

Thats cool dude /biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

The problems were caused by the redemptions.php file in the original zip file missing some code - this was fixed evetually by the last upload /biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />
The parse error was due to a missed line in the installation file, but this was also corrected with the 1.2 upload.

Just making sure it works for everybody out of the box.

Still a great contrib though dude /biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well.....
What ever as long as you happy with my contribution thats fine but please DO NOT uploads to the contribution page a zip that NOTcontain all of this package.(and write that it is).
Some people need screenshots and modified oscommerce files so they can get more idea of this and to be able to compair with the files they have.
If you really want put the whole packge at your site, setup a test shop and then give them a link to the where they can get this packge.

P.S
I'm not american and dude say nothing to me(Ihope that its not as bad as it sound /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
DEEP SILVER ACCESSORY

#47   fatmcgav

fatmcgav
  • Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 18:05

Well.....
What ever as long as you happy with my contribution thats fine but please DO NOT uploads to the contribution page a zip that NOTcontain all of this package.(and write that it is).
Some people need screenshots and modified oscommerce files so they can get more idea of this and to be able to compair with the files they have.
If you really want put the whole packge at your site, setup a test shop and then give them a link to the where they can get this packge.

P.S
I'm not american and dude say nothing to me(Ihope that its not as bad as it sound /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
DEEP SILVER ACCESSORY

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And in reply to ure above post and pm:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chill dude /biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> /biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

The uploaded file contains the same files as the original download, apart from the changed redemptions.php and install - the original dload didnt contain the screenshots either - not the contrib install one anyway - the full one off ure site did, but not the one on the OSCom Site - all that contained was the install instructions, the new files and the sql.

Even the latest one u've uploaded doesnt contain the screenshots...
So the file I uploaded WAS complete in as much as it contained the sames files as i dloaded - nuthin more, nuthin less.
So i think U need to upload the complete file before U have a go at ME.
Also, for ure information, the latest one u uploaded contains the version of redemption.php which is missing code - if u dont believe me, i just dloaded and tested it, and it caused exactly the same error as before - try it for ureself if u dont believe me.
I'm glad u've taken account of the install file mods though /wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Cheers again dude, and I hope u see what i've been saying all along that the wrong file redemptions.php is in the zip u uploaded.

Peace out dude. /thumbsup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbsup:' />

Fatmcgav

BTW: I'm not American either /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
And i dont like being told i'm wrong when i'm not /dry.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='<_<' /> /pinch.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='>_<' />

Edited by fatmcgav, 03 June 2005 - 18:05.

#48   deep-silver

deep-silver
  • Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 18:48

Are you happy with the change in your DB??
as you advised users to use your cod....
===================================================
UPDATE `configuration` SET `configuration_title` = 'Points per 1 purchase',
`use_function` = NULL ,
`set_function` = NULL WHERE configuration_id` =191 LIMIT 1;

UPDATE `configuration` SET `configuration_title` = ' Redeem per point',
`use_function` = NULL ,
`set_function` = NULL WHERE `configuration_id` =192 LIMIT 1;

what makes you so sure that other users configuration_id value match your value configuration_id` =191 ??????.
and im really wondering, applying this change made any diff in the way this module deals with the values for corrency????
It shows YEN but cosider it $, EURO, YEN POND RUPPIES, PESSOS, or whatever currency you want it will always used the default currency defined by admin.
But go ahead and change it if its make you sleep better. /thumbsup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbsup:' />

#49   fatmcgav

fatmcgav
  • Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 19:00

WTF, where did that come from - that's on a totally unrelated line... I only quoted that code as a user asked for it, and yes, it's possible the config_id might be different, but the user in question replied and said that it worked fine... and if it didnt, i appologies, but i also included instructions on how to change it.

Anyhow, i dont see the point in this slaggin match - the only reason i responded in the first place is that u were'nt aware that the redemptions.php file in ure uploaded zip was broken... which I now see u have noticed and corrected.
I see no point in trying to 'score points' off each other, so lets just leave it at this...

And YES, for ure information, I am happy with the changes I made to MY DB!!!

Are you happy with the change in your DB??
as you advised users to use your cod....
UPDATE `configuration` SET `configuration_title` = 'Points per 1 purchase',
`use_function` = NULL ,
`set_function` = NULL WHERE configuration_id` =191 LIMIT 1;

UPDATE `configuration` SET `configuration_title` = ' Redeem per point',
`use_function` = NULL ,
`set_function` = NULL WHERE `configuration_id` =192 LIMIT 1;

what makes you so sure that  other users configuration_id value match your value configuration_id` =191 ??????.
and im really wondering, applying this change made any diff in the way this module deals with the values for corrency????
It shows YEN but cosider it  $, EURO, YEN POND RUPPIES, PESSOS, or whatever currency you want it will always used the default currency defined by admin.
But go ahead and change it if its make you sleep better. /thumbsup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbsup:' />

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Edited by fatmcgav, 03 June 2005 - 19:02.

#50   Z06BAIT

Z06BAIT
  • Members
  • 472 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 19:12

Both of you guys did a great job especially the original author who created it. Remember this is open source and we are all part of a team. Just look at all the other contributions where authors have come in and updated contributions or made improvements.

The fact is, thanks always goes to the original author for creating the contribution in the first place. /biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />
Remember what the Bible says: He who is without sin, cast the first rock. And I shall smoketh it.

#51   SambaMambo

SambaMambo
  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 04 June 2005 - 08:31

Big Thanx to u two!
im gonna install this mod immediatly!
and yes i agree, it must be the contrib of the year /wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Oscommerce community is the best of all cms ...
/whistling.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':-"' />

#52   Jospin

Jospin
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 June 2005 - 12:25

This contribution looks great!
I have a question however: if you set a minimal amount of points before they can be redeemed, does it apply only for the first time the customer uses his points?
I mean, the customer reaches 200 points, which is the limit (for instance), then uses his 200 points. Does he have to reach 200 points again in order to get the next redeem ? Or does the limit apply only once? (Once you have crossed the 200 points limit, no further limit applies?)
Sorry for my english, I hope you understand my question /whistling.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':-"' />

#53   Tamsyn

Tamsyn
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 04 June 2005 - 13:58

I have a question however: if you set a minimal amount of points before they can be redeemed, does it apply only for the first time the customer uses his points?
I mean, the customer reaches 200 points, which is the limit (for instance), then uses his 200 points. Does he have to reach 200 points again in order to get the next redeem ? Or does the limit apply only once? (Once you have crossed the 200 points limit, no further limit applies?)
Sorry for my english, I hope you understand my question /whistling.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':-"' />

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've just had a play around with my system and it appears that the minimum redeem level is for each and every redemption.

Tamsyn

#54   deep-silver

deep-silver
  • Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 04 June 2005 - 15:13

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes.
The idea of points limit is to push customers to earn those points, and if they reach
the 200 points and spend them in the shop we want them to spend some more before they can redeem again.
You have to see it as a discount system so by default the setting is 1 points per 1 currency spent while the redeem rate is 1 point = $0.10. so if you do your math you will see that you give away a 10% discount in this case. but you have to remember that 10% is 10% for any amount spend so the more they spend the more they earn. but if a customer able to redeem point just after redeeming is 200
you will see that the 10% is not 10% any more(I hope that you understand what i mean ( because as for shop owners we prefer that the customers use less points and spend more cash that whats the online shop is for.
Just play around with the admin section(as long as its on) and you will get the idea.
Let me know if you have any other FAQ or whatever.

DEEP SILVER ACCESSORY
p.s= for everyone please don't use the contact page at deep-silver.com to send me emails even if its just a" thank you for a great contribution" its still fills up my mail account and i feel bad for not able to replay.
and another thing.
I think that the best way to thank me for this Mod is to go over the languages files and fix my grammers spelling mistakes.(and im sorry for that but, my language is not english)

#55   Versandhaus

Versandhaus
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 June 2005 - 17:07

Hello,

ive a install question.

in original install.txt:
open catalog/checkout_confirmation.php

Find this.... (start at aprox. line no.55)

if ( ( is_array($payment_modules->modules) && (sizeof($payment_modules->modules) > 1) && !is_object($$payment) ) || (is_object($$payment) && ($$payment->enabled == false)) ) {
tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, 'error_message=' . urlencode(ERROR_NO_PAYMENT_MODULE_SELECTED), 'SSL'));
}

..and replace it with this.......

##### Points/Rewards Module

but my checkout_confirmation is:

// ICW CREDIT CLASS Amended Line - Rigadin amended 2nd line in v5.13
// if ( ( is_array($payment_modules->modules) && (sizeof($payment_modules->modules) > 1) && !is_object($$payment) ) || (is_object($$payment) && ($$payment->enabled == false)) ) {
// tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, 'error_message=' . urlencode(ERROR_NO_PAYMENT_MODULE_SELECTED), 'SSL'));
if ( (is_array($payment_modules->modules)) && (sizeof($payment_modules->modules) > 1) && (!is_object($$payment)) && (!$credit_covers) ) {
tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, 'payment_error=ccerr&error=' . urlencode(ERROR_NO_PAYMENT_MODULE_SELECTED), 'SSL')); // Rigadin in v5.13: modified error coding in URL
}

i dont know what i have to do now.
Please let me know.....as I really would like to have this on my site.
Thanks for all.
Bye

#56   deep-silver

deep-silver
  • Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 04:14

Hello,

ive a install question.

in original install.txt:
open catalog/checkout_confirmation.php

Find this.... (start at aprox. line no.55)

if ( ( is_array($payment_modules->modules) && (sizeof($payment_modules->modules) > 1) && !is_object($$payment) ) || (is_object($$payment) && ($$payment->enabled == false)) ) {
    tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, 'error_message=' . urlencode(ERROR_NO_PAYMENT_MODULE_SELECTED), 'SSL'));
  }

..and replace it with this.......

##### Points/Rewards  Module

but my checkout_confirmation is:

// ICW CREDIT CLASS Amended Line - Rigadin amended 2nd line in v5.13
//  if ( ( is_array($payment_modules->modules) && (sizeof($payment_modules->modules) > 1) && !is_object($$payment) ) || (is_object($$payment) && ($$payment->enabled == false)) ) {
//    tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, 'error_message=' . urlencode(ERROR_NO_PAYMENT_MODULE_SELECTED), 'SSL'));
  if ( (is_array($payment_modules->modules)) && (sizeof($payment_modules->modules) > 1) && (!is_object($$payment)) && (!$credit_covers) ) {
    tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, 'payment_error=ccerr&error=' . urlencode(ERROR_NO_PAYMENT_MODULE_SELECTED), 'SSL'));  // Rigadin in v5.13: modified error coding in URL
  }
i dont know what i have to do now.
Please let me know.....as I really would like to have this on my site.
Thanks for all.
Bye

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

O.k
Are you trying to say i'm using Credit Class & Gift Voucher contribution ?
you should wirte this at the start so other users with the same issue can learn from your post.

To you and all other using GV cuppon mod.
I added a screenshot with GV box just to show how it looks and did not mean that
i support GV module.
the Credit Class & Gift Voucher contribution as been there for long time and so many people have mad so much change so its really hard to tell.
but let my try to help anyway.....
Please be carefull and make sure to back up catalog/checkout_confirmation.php

The INSTALL.txt for Points/Rewards Module v1.00 has require 2 steps to preform in catalog/checkout_confirmation.php
Please make sure that you have the most updated version of Points/Rewards Module v1.00 ,download it from my site and make sure that you are having The INSTALL.txt for Points/Rewards Module v1.00 and not The INSTALL.txt for Points and Rewards v1.21 .
after preforming the first step use this code as the 2nd step.
this is only for shops using Credit Class & Gift Voucher contribution
and im not sure that it will work for you but i think that you should give it a try.
o.k enough talk now this is the code.

Replace your line that start with....
if ( ( is_array($payment_modules->modules) && (sizeof($payment_modules->modules)..........
with this and please be carefull doing it

##### Points/Rewards  Module v1.00 check for errors BOF #######
//force customers to select other payment method if the points total not enough to cover the cost.
//ICW includes for CREDIT CLASS
//if ( ( is_array($payment_modules->modules) && (sizeof($payment_modules->modules) > 1) && !is_object($$payment) ) || (is_object($$payment) && ($$payment->enabled == false)) ) {
  if ( (is_array($payment_modules->modules)) && (sizeof($payment_modules->modules) > 1) && (!is_object($$payment)) && (!$credit_covers) && ($order->info['total'] > $customer_shopping_points_spending )) {
  }
// customer can't use points over the order total         
   if ($customer_shopping_points_spending * REDEEM_POINT_VALUE > $order->info['total']) {
       $customer_shopping_points_spending = 0;
    tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, 'error_message=' . urlencode(REDEEM_SYSTEM_ERROR_POINTS_OVER), 'SSL'));
  }
########  Points/Rewards  Module v1.00 EOF #################*/

Now test it with and without GV, if it work I will be VERY happy(and maybe you too /laugh.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' /> )
but if not let us know so maybe we can try other way(can't think of one now).
By the way i'm not sure if its your post or the code but, the way your code is in regard to this section just don't look right to me so I had to try it and from some reson
if your voucher account not enough to cover the cost its bring you back to checkout_payment.php but i dont see ERROR_NO_PAYMENT_MODULE_SELECTED
in the way that oscommerce handle the errors you should see a red line with the error message(same as errors handeled by Points/Rewards Module v1.00).
maybe you should check it up.

#57   Versandhaus

Versandhaus
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 06:49

Hello,

yes, i tried to talk about that im using Credit Class & Gift Voucher contribution.
well, i forgot to wrote this first.....sorry.

the code lines u take it near before thats it. i thought this, but im not sure about it working. i dont know before that i leave away or not this line: ($$payment->enabled == false))

But your Code is excellent. It works now very fine...... yes gv too....yeah im very happy.

i saw that i dont deposit the text for the module_order_total_gv_text_error and the error_redeemed_amount. i dont know where it is, so i ve a look for it, or u know it?

#58   deep-silver

deep-silver
  • Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 09:52

Hello,

yes, i tried to talk about that im using Credit Class & Gift Voucher contribution.
well, i forgot to wrote this first.....sorry.

the code lines u take it near before thats it. i thought this, but im not sure about it working. i dont know before that i leave away or not this line: ($$payment->enabled == false))

But your Code is excellent. It works now very fine...... yes gv too....yeah im very happy.

i saw that i dont deposit the text for the module_order_total_gv_text_error and the error_redeemed_amount. i dont know where it is, so i ve a look for it, or u know it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well...
Good Job now you have GV Module run. I'm happy for you 2.
The line you refer to is a check to confirm the payment status im not sure what to tell you but since this line is part of oscommerce original code and you got the module runing with no problem you should leave it as it is.
You should remember that the less line you change in oscommerce original code the better it is. because any new version of oscommerce will always based on the original code and not on mine or GV code.
thats the reson why this points/reawrds module written in a way that there are only one or two lines to comment out from oscommerce original code .
but the line you refer to is in points/rewards module so i add it to the code i gave you(your post above).
In refer to your scound Q im not sure i understand what you tried to write.
but as far as i know any error that appear at the top of the page with the RED LINE
is in the main languag files.
the base of GV mod hold the define lines at the main language file
i.e catalog/includes/languages/english.php but someone change it to show any GV
error as a payment error so most likely the define language lines as been move
but if by any case if you missing language line just add them in the main language.php(i.e catalog/includes/languages/english.php) and they sure to show.

I hope that this will help you archive what you looking for .
Good Luck

#59   mujina

mujina
  • Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 10:53

Deep Silver,

I did appreciate the precious help you brought to me even if my pb wasn't really related to the points and rewards module. It's really nice to meet people like you in this community who offer good support for free.

Big thanks!!!!
OSC2.2

#60   Z06BAIT

Z06BAIT
  • Members
  • 472 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 19:25

I am requesting a slight modification to the contribution.

I have set 1=0.005. Now if they buy less than $200, they do not get their points since 199.99 x 0.05= .999999. Now if they buy $200.00, they would get $1.00 which is 1 point.

I would like that they do get points PERIOD. Right now a customer has bought $284.98 but receieved only 1 point which equals 1 dollar. I believe in reality he should have gotten ... $1.43 in redemption points. Looks like the contribution rounds down if it is less than a dollar.
Remember what the Bible says: He who is without sin, cast the first rock. And I shall smoketh it.