• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Imprint Text Options

Well I've set the "Recreate Session" to false and seems to work, is there any security issue about this? I've found this by @Jack_mcs

Having the recreate session is not less secure. It's purpose was to change the session ID for checkout in case the session ID became known, which was common in the early history of oscommerce.  That is unlikely to happen now as long as you have prevent spiders set to true and you are not using the servers tmp directory (see the cache and sessions settings). The session ID will always appear when first visiting a site and may stick around in old shops. If you install one of the url rewriters (Ultimate SEO or SEO 5), that won't happen.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What I'm gonna tell you now is probably not what you wanna hear after putting so much time trying to get this add-on to work. But I would recommend to revert all your changes and install, depends on your osC version, the Option Types v2 or Option Types BS add-on instead.

That one at least works and support is still available. It might be a bit overkill as it can do far more than only show a input field. But the other features might come in handy especially if you offer custom printing.

Well as my website is currently live and got a lot of orders I think that's a bit risky and somehow it can mess with the osCommerce has it got core change...

I've disabled "Recreate Session" and seems to work fine unless I clear the cache or session expires. Also it got any risk to have that disabled?

It's possible to do something like: if a certain product which got this customized attributes and it's in shopping cart while proceed to checkout and doesn't show anything to remove this product from cart?

It s OK to turn recreate sessions off, providing the shop is setup correctly. But I don't think that will fix the problem. It has been a long time since I looked at this addon but, as I recall, the problem was that the attributes were not being added correctly, or maybe not read in correctly. I think it is probably just a part of the code not handling them correctly. That will continue to happen regardless of the session ID, most likely. The only fix is to correct the coding mistake. But as Tsimi mentioned, Option Types is probably a better choice given that this one has a problem.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I understand, just was hoping if a few thing could actually fix this issue. The only problem is that I've to remove this addon and add Option Types and due a new few core changes.

But I'm going to check tomorrow if there's any solution otherwise I switch to Option Types. At this moment if the session expire or client clear cache it gets the product and attributes except from this addon.

If only it could add a {ID} for example it probably could save as it saves the attributes no? 

You don't have to touch your live shop right away. You could back up your shop files and setup a local copy of your shop using XAMP or MAMP depends if you use Windows or Mac.

Once you have the Option Types add-on installed correctly inside that local back up shop you then can transfer the files back to your server and replace the live shop files. Skip the configure.php and htaccess files when doing so.

I don't have a live server or test shop to show you. Sorry.

Maybe a member here that has it running might share the URL via PM? 

I could record a video though if that helps. Just need to remember what video software i used last time.

Thank you very much!

It's almost has I got (atm just need only the inputs as the attributes is customized by text only).

I'm going to test in a copy of current website and test it. This works fine except if the session is restored/recreate the attributes disappear, can you confirm if  that in Option Types doesn't happen?

Because after login product maintains at cart but attributes from Imprint Text Options are gone.

asdasdasd.png