• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

put all your questions here

When I am in admin and I click on the date or name or insert i get this error:

Not Found

The requested URL /shop/admin/FILENAME_TEXT_ATTRIBUTES was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

can you help me?

check that you insert this code in product_info.php

<!-- denuz products text attributes -->

<tr>
       <td>

<?php
 $text_attributes_query = tep_db_query("select pta.* from products_text_attributes as pta, products_text_attributes_enabled as ptae where ptae.products_text_attributes_id = pta.products_text_attributes_id and ptae.products_id = " . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']);
 while ($text_attributes = tep_db_fetch_array($text_attributes_query)) {
?>
   <tr>
     <td class=main><?php echo $text_attributes['products_text_attributes_name'] . ': </td><td>' . tep_draw_input_field('products_text_attributes_' . $text_attributes['products_text_attributes_id'], ''); ?></td>
   </tr>
<?php
 }
?>

</table></td>
     </tr>

<!-- eof denuz products text attributes -->

and make sure that you set checkbox for this option active when edit product

check that you insert this code in product_info.php

<!-- denuz products text attributes -->

<tr>
       <td>

<?php
 $text_attributes_query = tep_db_query("select pta.* from products_text_attributes as pta, products_text_attributes_enabled as ptae where ptae.products_text_attributes_id = pta.products_text_attributes_id and ptae.products_id = " . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']);
 while ($text_attributes = tep_db_fetch_array($text_attributes_query)) {
?>
   <tr>
     <td class=main><?php echo $text_attributes['products_text_attributes_name'] . ': </td><td>' . tep_draw_input_field('products_text_attributes_' . $text_attributes['products_text_attributes_id'], ''); ?></td>
   </tr>
<?php
 }
?>
       </table></td>
     </tr>

<!-- eof denuz products text attributes -->

and make sure that you set checkbox for this option active when edit product

Awesome!!!!!

Exactly what i was looking for!!!

Thank you!

Hi Alenkij,

I have installed the latest version of Imprint Attributes v1.3 plus added the couple of fixes and its working like a dream. :D

One thing I have noticed is:

I enter a value into the text field for example 'Test 1' and add the product to the cart. Then continue shopping or return to the same product and enter 'Test 2' into the text field and add this to the cart.

I end up with 1 order with 'Test 2' in the text field and quantity 2.

Not two separate products showing the different text fields.

If the product also has a dropdown attribute assigned to it, for example 'colour' and I re-enter the above example but choose a different colour for each product, I end up with the following in the cart:

Product 1 - Colour-Red - Text Field-Test 2

Product 2 - Colour-Blue - Text Field-Test 2

What ever you type into the text field will over right all the previous products added to the cart so they all have the same text added to them.

Do you know how to fix this as I intend to use this contribution for selling number plates and some customers will no doubt buy more than one plate at a time with different registration numbers and fonts etc...

Thanks for your help and I love this contribution.

Gazza.....

There is no justice ...... Just Us!

this is impossible in current version, but easy to do for good programmer.

i haven't time to do it, but, might be, someone with some php skills will do it.

just need to make some sort of current text attributes in basket.

Alright, for some reason, the text boxes are only working for one of my products, even though I have selected them for other products.

Also, the text box data from the working product is not entering into the database. I have a theme installed but i was very careful to maintain the text code.

Can someone help me?

The store is www.asongisforever.com/shop

The working product is Kids! Birthdays - Bee Bop Birthday and the other one that has them selected but isnt working is Valentines - I have a question

If someone can help me out that would be awesome!

Also, if you need a little incentive I can trade hosting for assistance with this.

Thanks!!

~Andrew

seems, the problems with adding text attributes into db.

what can be wrong:

1. it is installed incorrectly (seems like)

2. session troubles (90% impossible)

as i already mentioned - i needed it to work with sessions as db-key. of course, it can be rewritten to be more simple, but i haven't freetime to do it myself. may be in future.

seems, the problems with adding text attributes into db.

what can be wrong:

1. it is installed incorrectly (seems like)

2. session troubles (90% impossible)

as i already mentioned - i needed it to work with sessions as db-key. of course, it can be rewritten to be more simple, but i haven't freetime to do it myself. may be in future.

Hmmm...well are you able to help me get it working? I can give you access the account to look at the files etc...

Please let me know as this is a vital addition to our store.

Thanks!!!

~Andrew

• 4 weeks later...

I just get the error when trying to modify date etc

admin/FILENAME_TEXT_ATTRIBUTES?page=1&taID=2&action=edit

File not found

also

showing in admin TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_TEXT_ATTRIBUTES

can anyone help plz

you have to define the filename of the new php file in

admin/includes/filenames.php

similarly, looks like you are missing the TEXT_DISPLAY and possibly other language settings.

Maybe check the other download packs for additional file or instructions on how to add this.

Sometimes/often the last updated set of files doesn't contain the full set of files that you need for an installaiton from scratch.

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

Hi Thanx Again for your help

I had thought of that & dloaded the 1.2b version that says Full Package

&

the define for has also been done

admin/includes/filenames.php

define('FILENAME_TEXT_ATTRIBUTES', 'text_attributes.php');

Problem still there though

• 2 weeks later...

In the admin/orders.php file. There is a critical syntax error.

Just add this section instead of the one in the file.

Have also updated the Contrib's section also.

// denuz text attr

$pid = @mysql_result(tep_db_query("select products_id from products_description where products_name='" . $order->products[$i]['name'] . "'"), 0, "products_id");

$attr_q = tep_db_query("select ota.*, pta.products_text_attributes_name from orders_text_attributes as ota, products_text_attributes as pta where ota.orders_id = " . $HTTP_GET_VARS['oID'] . " and ota.products_id = ' . $pid . ' and pta.products_text_attributes_id = ota.products_text_attributes_id");

while ($attr = tep_db_fetch_array($attr_q)) {

echo '<br><nobr><small> <i> - ' . $attr['products_text_attributes_name'] . ': ' . stripslashes($attr['products_text_attributes_text']);

echo '</i></small></nobr>';

}

// eof denuz text attr

I have managed to get the attributes code loaded and it seems to work well overall. Two issues we are having, however:

1) We can not, however, determine how to add the text attributes to a particular product. The only way we was able to do so was to manually add a product_id and products_text_attributes_id to the products_text_attributes_enabled table in mySQL. Is there an admin panel way we're missing or mis-installed?

2) Once we did add the item to the enabled table, the text attributes box appeared on the product info page, but did not carry forward to the shopping carts page once we added the product. The product in the shopping cart shows just as it did before. Any ideas?

I have managed to get the attributes code loaded and it seems to work well overall. Two issues we are having, however:

1) We can not, however, determine how to add the text attributes to a particular product. The only way we was able to do so was to manually add a product_id and products_text_attributes_id to the products_text_attributes_enabled table in mySQL. Is there an admin panel way we're missing or mis-installed?

2) Once we did add the item to the enabled table, the text attributes box appeared on the product info page, but did not carry forward to the shopping carts page once we added the product. The product in the shopping cart shows just as it did before. Any ideas?

1..The fields will apper in the edit page of the product or in New prduct page...as

Available Text Options: - Name - Date

nice place for them.

not sure on the number 2 issue ..did you

2 small fixes:

- add the line below to admin/includes/filenames.php

define('FILENAME_TEXT_ATTRIBUTES', 'text_attributes.php');

- add the line below to admin/includes/languages/english.php

define('TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_TEXT_ATTRIBUTES', 'Text Attributes Total: ');

Hope something here helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Don?t know if I got the wrong end of some kind of stick, but I was under the impression that by installing this contribution I could add user text boxes to a product. We sell gift vouchers and need to know peoples names to prin on the voucher, so I was expecting to see a box where the purchaser could type in a name.. Am I wrong in thinking this?

Cheers

Neil

Hi. The contribution works well for me.

I have one issue though.

If enter a value into the text field for example 'My Text 1' and add the product to the cart. Then continue shopping or return to the same product and enter 'My Text 2' into the text field and add this same product to the cart. I end up with 1 order with 'My Text 2' in the text field and quantity 2.

What I need is to be able to have multiple text's against an order that may have multiple quantites of the same item.

I'd be quite happy to do the work but my knowledge of PHP is not great. Anyone have any ideas?

Tom

David is correct in his response to question 1.

However you also have to create the various fields first.

This should be found now in the Admin Catalogue menu, called Products Text Attibutes.

Re Q2.

You have missed some entries in either the file catalog/checkout_process.php or checkout_confirmation.php.

I think it's the confirmation.php file.

I file compare program is best to use. I use Beyond Compare and find it very good.

cheers

Hi,

Don?t know if I got the wrong end of some kind of stick, but I was under the impression that by installing this contribution I could add user text boxes to a product. We sell gift vouchers and need to know peoples names to prin on the voucher, so I was expecting to see a box where the purchaser could type in a name.. Am I wrong in thinking this?

Cheers

Neil

Neil.

No wrong end of the stick here, that is exactly what you can do with this contrib.

Works well too.

There is one hang up with it however.

If you have the Edit_Orders contrib, the edit_orders.php file also needs some editing. By default if you edit the order, you will loose all those extra fields and information.

I have not worked on this problem myself yet but believe (at the moment), it should not be a big deal.

cheers

Hi. The contribution works well for me.

I have one issue though.

If enter a value into the text field for example 'My Text 1' and add the product to the cart. Then continue shopping or return to the same product and enter 'My Text 2' into the text field and add this same product to the cart. I end up with 1 order with 'My Text 2' in the text field and quantity 2.

What I need is to be able to have multiple text's against an order that may have multiple quantites of the same item.

I'd be quite happy to do the work but my knowledge of PHP is not great. Anyone have any ideas?

James

I have heard of others having or wanting this same type of feature, unfortunately I don't know of a way to do this for certain.

You may be able to search for this ability.

I think there may be some problem with doing this because of the way the contrib is written.

A Temporary work around could be to have series of attributes setup with, for example:

1st order Name:

2nd order Name:

3rd order Name:

etc

etc.

This would add each item as an idividual item.

(I am assuming that as a rule you would not need any more than 10 or maybe 20 Name options.)

Hope this helps.

cheers

John

Ok, Here is the sequence of events:

text2.gif

text3.gif

text4.gif

As you can see i get check boxes when setting up a product.

In the catalog when one selected is just shown as text and not a text box!

Any ideas?

Thanks

Neil