atnet
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 April 2005 - 13:33

put all your questions here

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When I am in admin and I click on the date or name or insert i get this error:

Not Found
The requested URL /shop/admin/FILENAME_TEXT_ATTRIBUTES was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

can you help me?

#3   alenkij

alenkij
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 April 2005 - 15:26

latest update is available from contribution section now

#4   atnet

atnet
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 April 2005 - 15:29

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

nevermind

Thanks!

Edited by atnet, 25 April 2005 - 15:33.

#5   atnet

atnet
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 April 2005 - 15:37

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Alright, no more errors, but how do i get the name text attribute to show up on a product page?

#6   alenkij

alenkij
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 April 2005 - 15:48

check that you insert this code in product_info.php

<!-- denuz products text attributes -->

<tr>
        <td>

<?php
  $text_attributes_query = tep_db_query("select pta.* from products_text_attributes as pta, products_text_attributes_enabled as ptae where ptae.products_text_attributes_id = pta.products_text_attributes_id and ptae.products_id = " . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']);
  while ($text_attributes = tep_db_fetch_array($text_attributes_query)) {
?>
    <tr>
      <td class=main><?php echo $text_attributes['products_text_attributes_name'] . ': </td><td>' . tep_draw_input_field('products_text_attributes_' . $text_attributes['products_text_attributes_id'], ''); ?></td>
    </tr>
<?php
  }
?>

</table></td>
      </tr>

<!-- eof denuz products text attributes -->

and make sure that you set checkbox for this option active when edit product

#7   atnet

atnet
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 April 2005 - 15:53

check that you insert this code in product_info.php

<!-- denuz products text attributes -->

<tr>
        <td>

<?php
  $text_attributes_query = tep_db_query("select pta.* from products_text_attributes as pta, products_text_attributes_enabled as ptae where ptae.products_text_attributes_id = pta.products_text_attributes_id and ptae.products_id = " . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']);
  while ($text_attributes = tep_db_fetch_array($text_attributes_query)) {
?>
    <tr>
      <td class=main><?php echo $text_attributes['products_text_attributes_name'] . ': </td><td>' . tep_draw_input_field('products_text_attributes_' . $text_attributes['products_text_attributes_id'], ''); ?></td>
    </tr>
<?php
  }
?>
        </table></td>
      </tr>

<!-- eof denuz products text attributes -->

and make sure that you set checkbox for this option active when edit product

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Awesome!!!!!

Exactly what i was looking for!!!

Thank you!

#8   Gazza_Dude

Gazza_Dude
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 25 April 2005 - 18:19

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Alenkij,

I have installed the latest version of Imprint Attributes v1.3 plus added the couple of fixes and its working like a dream. /biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

One thing I have noticed is:

I enter a value into the text field for example 'Test 1' and add the product to the cart. Then continue shopping or return to the same product and enter 'Test 2' into the text field and add this to the cart.

I end up with 1 order with 'Test 2' in the text field and quantity 2.

Not two separate products showing the different text fields.

If the product also has a dropdown attribute assigned to it, for example 'colour' and I re-enter the above example but choose a different colour for each product, I end up with the following in the cart:

Product 1 - Colour-Red - Text Field-Test 2
Product 2 - Colour-Blue - Text Field-Test 2

What ever you type into the text field will over right all the previous products added to the cart so they all have the same text added to them.

Do you know how to fix this as I intend to use this contribution for selling number plates and some customers will no doubt buy more than one plate at a time with different registration numbers and fonts etc...

Thanks for your help and I love this contribution.

Gazza.....
There is no justice ...... Just Us!

#9   denuz

denuz
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 April 2005 - 20:50

this is impossible in current version, but easy to do for good programmer.
i haven't time to do it, but, might be, someone with some php skills will do it.
just need to make some sort of current text attributes in basket.

#10   atnet

atnet
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 12:50

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Alright, for some reason, the text boxes are only working for one of my products, even though I have selected them for other products.

Also, the text box data from the working product is not entering into the database. I have a theme installed but i was very careful to maintain the text code.

Can someone help me?

The store is www.asongisforever.com/shop

The working product is Kids! Birthdays - Bee Bop Birthday and the other one that has them selected but isnt working is Valentines - I have a question

If someone can help me out that would be awesome!

Also, if you need a little incentive I can trade hosting for assistance with this.

Thanks!!

~Andrew

#11   denuz

denuz
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 14:21

seems, the problems with adding text attributes into db.
what can be wrong:
1. it is installed incorrectly (seems like)
2. session troubles (90% impossible)
as i already mentioned - i needed it to work with sessions as db-key. of course, it can be rewritten to be more simple, but i haven't freetime to do it myself. may be in future.

#12   atnet

atnet
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 16:23

seems, the problems with adding text attributes into db.
what can be wrong:
1. it is installed incorrectly (seems like)
2. session troubles (90% impossible)
as i already mentioned - i needed it to work with sessions as db-key. of course, it can be rewritten to be more simple, but i haven't freetime to do it myself. may be in future.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmmm...well are you able to help me get it working? I can give you access the account to look at the files etc...

Please let me know as this is a vital addition to our store.

Thanks!!!

~Andrew

#13   neroag

neroag
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 10:54

I just get the error when trying to modify date etc
admin/FILENAME_TEXT_ATTRIBUTES?page=1&taID=2&action=edit
File not found
also
showing in admin TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_TEXT_ATTRIBUTES

can anyone help plz

#14   bruyndoncx

bruyndoncx

osCommerce Teenager

• Members
  • 3,109 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 11:04

you have to define the filename of the new php file in
admin/includes/filenames.php

similarly, looks like you are missing the TEXT_DISPLAY and possibly other language settings.

Maybe check the other download packs for additional file or instructions on how to add this.
Sometimes/often the last updated set of files doesn't contain the full set of files that you need for an installaiton from scratch.
Don't just sit there - contribute to the responsive bootstrap community effort !
http://forums.oscomm...iew__getnewpost

Hava a nice day !
Carine Bruyndoncx

Seen anything good relevant on the net about responsive design for ecommerce ?
You might as well post it in my responsive liive shop review thread .

#15   neroag

neroag
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 11:13

Hi Thanx Again for your help

I had thought of that & dloaded the 1.2b version that says Full Package
&
the define for has also been done
admin/includes/filenames.php
define('FILENAME_TEXT_ATTRIBUTES', 'text_attributes.php');

Problem still there though

#16   Gob

Gob
  • Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 15:55

In the admin/orders.php file. There is a critical syntax error.

Just add this section instead of the one in the file.
Have also updated the Contrib's section also.

// denuz text attr

$pid = @mysql_result(tep_db_query("select products_id from products_description where products_name='" . $order->products[$i]['name'] . "'"), 0, "products_id");
$attr_q = tep_db_query("select ota.*, pta.products_text_attributes_name from orders_text_attributes as ota, products_text_attributes as pta where ota.orders_id = " . $HTTP_GET_VARS['oID'] . " and ota.products_id = ' . $pid . ' and pta.products_text_attributes_id = ota.products_text_attributes_id");
while ($attr = tep_db_fetch_array($attr_q)) {
echo '<br><nobr><small> <i> - ' . $attr['products_text_attributes_name'] . ': ' . stripslashes($attr['products_text_attributes_text']);
echo '</i></small></nobr>';
}

// eof denuz text attr

#17   tdouglas

tdouglas
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 18:34

I have managed to get the attributes code loaded and it seems to work well overall. Two issues we are having, however:

1) We can not, however, determine how to add the text attributes to a particular product. The only way we was able to do so was to manually add a product_id and products_text_attributes_id to the products_text_attributes_enabled table in mySQL. Is there an admin panel way we're missing or mis-installed?

2) Once we did add the item to the enabled table, the text attributes box appeared on the product info page, but did not carry forward to the shopping carts page once we added the product. The product in the shopping cart shows just as it did before. Any ideas?

#18   apedavid

apedavid
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 20:59

I have managed to get the attributes code loaded and it seems to work well overall. Two issues we are having, however:

1) We can not, however, determine how to add the text attributes to a particular product. The only way we was able to do so was to manually add a product_id and products_text_attributes_id to the products_text_attributes_enabled table in mySQL. Is there an admin panel way we're missing or mis-installed?

2) Once we did add the item to the enabled table, the text attributes box appeared on the product info page, but did not carry forward to the shopping carts page once we added the product. The product in the shopping cart shows just as it did before. Any ideas?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1..The fields will apper in the edit page of the product or in New prduct page...as
Available Text Options: - Name - Date
nice place for them.

not sure on the number 2 issue ..did you
2 small fixes:
- add the line below to admin/includes/filenames.php
define('FILENAME_TEXT_ATTRIBUTES', 'text_attributes.php');
- add the line below to admin/includes/languages/english.php
define('TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_TEXT_ATTRIBUTES', 'Text Attributes Total: ');

Hope something here helps.

#19   neilwillis

neilwillis
  • Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 19:43

Hi,

Donít know if I got the wrong end of some kind of stick, but I was under the impression that by installing this contribution I could add user text boxes to a product. We sell gift vouchers and need to know peoples names to prin on the voucher, so I was expecting to see a box where the purchaser could type in a name.. Am I wrong in thinking this?

Cheers

Neil

#20   HairyJim

HairyJim
  • Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 15:29

Hi. The contribution works well for me.

I have one issue though.

If enter a value into the text field for example 'My Text 1' and add the product to the cart. Then continue shopping or return to the same product and enter 'My Text 2' into the text field and add this same product to the cart. I end up with 1 order with 'My Text 2' in the text field and quantity 2.

What I need is to be able to have multiple text's against an order that may have multiple quantites of the same item.

I'd be quite happy to do the work but my knowledge of PHP is not great. Anyone have any ideas?