• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Taking out apostrophe

BrioMusic

Hi! When I have a parse error and try to find an apostrophe how can I tell what is the correct apostrophe codes that should be there? Following is the line I'm currently having an error for. Is it 'text' that is giving me problems? If the apostrophes are surrounded by symbols does that usually mean they are code? I get these errors when I change a line directly from file manager - even if I'm nowhere near those lines. I just changed a minor thing and thought it would be OK. Do I need to copy to text editor, make the change and then paste the whole code over the original?

TIA!

$field .= '>' . tep_output_string($values[$i]['text'], array('"' => '"', ''' => ''', '<' => '<', '>' => '>')) . '</option>';

I am not sure what is wrong looking at this code but if you mean you used the file manager that comes with osc that could be causing your errors. I have read time and time again that it is buggy and not to use it.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Hi!  When I have a parse error and try to find an apostrophe how can I tell what is the correct apostrophe codes that should be there?  Following is the line I'm currently having an error for.  Is it 'text' that is giving me problems?  If the apostrophes are surrounded by symbols does that usually mean they are code?  I get these errors when I change a line directly from file manager - even if I'm nowhere near those lines.  I just changed a minor thing and thought it would be OK.  Do I need to copy to text editor, make the change and then paste the whole code over the original?

TIA!

$field .= '>' . tep_output_string($values[$i]['text'], array('"' => '"', ''' => ''', '<' => '<', '>' => '>')) . '</option>';

not too sure what ur talking about "text editer" but a good rule to go by is when your going to edit a file on your site, make sure u first back it up first somewhere. and when ur redy to edit it, ftp it to your computer, make the change then ftp it back to the site. also a apostrapy in text only to be displayed on your site needs to have a / in frount of it.

for example: Will/'s online store pays his bills so the wife doesn/'t hurt him

it will look like that in the code but show up as Will's online store pays his bills so the wife doesn't hurt him on the web page

I am not sure what is wrong looking at this code but if you mean you used the file manager that comes with osc that could be causing your errors. I have read time and time again that it is buggy and not to use it.

ah yeah, do not use the ocs file manger, it's EVIL!!!!!!! just ftp the file to ur comp, edit with notepad then ftp back. saves alot of drama

Archived