Photo
* * * * * 13 votes

Basics for design

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1494 replies to this topic

#1441   germ

germ
  • Members
  • 13,921 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 17:57

If you want things formatted in your descriptions you have to embed HTML.<br>

<br>

It's just like a mini web page.<br>

<br>

There are addons you can install that can assist.<br>

<br>

I haven't tried any of them.

Edited by germ, 21 August 2010 - 17:58.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."
- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

#1442   thebodhiman

thebodhiman
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 00:55

Hi Nick

I've almost finished my store design, yet have encountered a styling issue and am hoping you can help.
The Shipping method and payment method boxes that appear during the checkout process are coloured white in my store, as is the text within, so wish to change the text colour, could you please point me towards the right file to change the appropriate text.

thanks!! /biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

#1443 ONLINE   toyicebear

toyicebear
  • Community Sponsor
  • 6,394 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 07:57

Hi Nick

I've almost finished my store design, yet have encountered a styling issue and am hoping you can help.
The Shipping method and payment method boxes that appear during the checkout process are coloured white in my store, as is the text within, so wish to change the text colour, could you please point me towards the right file to change the appropriate text.

thanks!! /biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Those are "colored" by the infobox classes in stylesheet.css

#1444   Retix

Retix
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 09:29

wowow thanks for this!! my website was designed by a developer who used a Free oscommmerce Web Templates!! and I have been trying to add some contribution but I canĀ“t finger out. I guess by follow the opsCommerce Documentation and this topic. I will be able to set everything up my self again in the right way.

#1445   thebodhiman

thebodhiman
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 02:01

Those are "colored" by the infobox classes in stylesheet.css

Cheeked stylesheet, perhaps I sounded too intelligent in my question /blush.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blush:' /> can't find anything to do with infobox 'classes', I have since enabled another shipping method, the text appears white which is fine if I can re-colour the bar that hovers and the selected bar once shipping method is clicked (currently selected bar looks off-white and the bar that hovers pale grayish),

thanks /laugh.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

#1446   thebodhiman

thebodhiman
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 02:20

Cheeked stylesheet, perhaps I sounded too intelligent in my question /blush.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blush:' /> can't find anything to do with infobox 'classes', I have since enabled another shipping method, the text appears white which is fine if I can re-colour the bar that hovers and the selected bar once shipping method is clicked (currently selected bar looks off-white and the bar that hovers pale grayish),

thanks /laugh.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

It's Ok...I found it:

excerpt from styleshett.css:

.moduleRow { }
.moduleRowOver { background-color: #D7E9F7; cursor: pointer; cursor: hand; }
.moduleRowSelected { background-color: #E9F4FC; }

changing these two colours does the blissness.... /biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

#1447   kkuderko

kkuderko
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 18:08

Hi,
Does someone know [in v2.3.1] how to put the background image in the left and right sides of the site ONLY?
I could do it in the older versions adding in CSS
body {
background-image: url(/images/background.gif);
}
but now the image is in the background of the entire site (between info boxes columns, gaps between main logo and boxes etc.)
I was thinking to cover the sides with <div>s maybe but I'm not sure about that..

#1448   multimixer

multimixer

Lemons or Melons ?

• Partner
  • 4,560 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 09:12

Does someone know [in v2.3.1] how to put the background image in the left and right sides of the site ONLY?

You need to add a color (or image) to #bodywrapper. Also read here about this

See illustrated example on my blog (link in my profile)

#1449 ONLINE   toyicebear

toyicebear
  • Community Sponsor
  • 6,394 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 14:11

Since there has been some major changes in relation to how design is done in the new versions 2.3 and 2.31 , i have added a new topic for those who uses these versions here...

#1450   kkuderko

kkuderko
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 11:13

You need to add a color (or image) to #bodywrapper. Also read here about this

See illustrated example on my blog (link in my profile)

Great!
Thanks a lot George.

#1451   whitewolfspirits

whitewolfspirits
  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 20:27

I have tried everything to change the font in the categories box to no avail. What do I need to change? Thank you.
White Wolf Spirits

#1452 ONLINE   toyicebear

toyicebear
  • Community Sponsor
  • 6,394 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 01:34

I have tried everything to change the font in the categories box to no avail. What do I need to change? Thank you.

Its in the stylesheet, the infobox classes , but be aware that changing the fonts there would change the font for all the boxes..

You can ofcourse modify the box itself and add in some new css classes to the links so you can style just those.

Or simply choose another category box from the add-ons section which have more "customization" possibilities buildt in.

#1453   whitewolfspirits

whitewolfspirits
  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 03:43

Its in the stylesheet, the infobox classes , but be aware that changing the fonts there would change the font for all the boxes..

You can ofcourse modify the box itself and add in some new css classes to the links so you can style just those.

Or simply choose another category box from the add-ons section which have more "customization" possibilities buildt in.

Thank you. I had tried soooo many different CSS styles to get the links to change and nothing worked. I finally found the right combination though. Thanks again.

White Wolf Spirits

#1454   greendogsk8

greendogsk8
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 13:01

Hi guys

I am really new here and I am not really sure where to ask this but how do I go about adding a "like us on facebook" button in my store? And how do I physicaly go about making it work. Also how do I go about connecting my contact us form and client details form to work on Godaddy?

Thank you guys so much

E

#1455 ONLINE   toyicebear

toyicebear
  • Community Sponsor
  • 6,394 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 14:14

For Facebook and more, click here>>

Oscommerce knowledge-base you can find here>>

#1456   hughesca

hughesca
  • Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 21:51

You would want to download the add-on to your computer. Contained within the file will be instructions explaining how to install it. Some are as easy as an upload and click of a few buttons. Others are quite involved. You'll want to try and pay attention to the version of OSC you are using and that the add-on supports it.

#1457   CTU

CTU
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 23:37

The look of osCommerce is fairly easy to change...it usually only requires the change of no more than 5 files..

1. includes/header.php
2. includes/footer.php
3. includes/left_column.php
4. includes/right_column.php
5. Stylesheet.css

Have fun... [img]http://forums.oscommerce.com/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif[/img]

I took a look at it, but could not find as to where I can change the fonts?

#1458 ONLINE   toyicebear

toyicebear
  • Community Sponsor
  • 6,394 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:43

Fonts and colors are changed in stylesheet.css

#1459   Mrmike

Mrmike
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 23:57

Can anyone tell me how to link a Category link directly to the Product Page in 2.3.1 ? (ie: bypass the category product listing )

for instance I have 4 categories. Of the 4 categories 2 contain multiple items, and so the product listing is needed .

But the other 2 have only one item, so the product listing is redundant and just means the visitor has to click twice to get to the same item.

I find if I just add as a product without a category in admin, it doesnt list it in the links.

#1460 ONLINE   toyicebear

toyicebear
  • Community Sponsor
  • 6,394 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 00:20

Can anyone tell me how to link a Category link directly to the Product Page in 2.3.1 ? (ie: bypass the category product listing )

for instance I have 4 categories. Of the 4 categories 2 contain multiple items, and so the product listing is needed .

But the other 2 have only one item, so the product listing is redundant and just means the visitor has to click twice to get to the same item.

I find if I just add as a product without a category in admin, it doesnt list it in the links.

This is a non design related question, you should open a new topic about it.