• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

how do i change the banner and look of oscommerce?

i've just installed oscommerce and didn't see where i could change the banner. i was wondering if anyone knew of some good information on customizing the layout of oscommerce also..

thanks everyone.

i've just installed oscommerce and didn't see where i could change the banner.  i was wondering if anyone knew of some good information on customizing the layout of oscommerce also..

thanks everyone.

Why not try the Knowledge Base first?

Life should be completed with you skidding in sideways

all worn out screaming "Holy Crap..What A Ride"

www.studio143vr.com

• 3 years later...
Get this:

short installation guide

A very short, basic guide to begin customizing oscommerce.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2565

Thanks for that; it helps.

Also thanks everyone for putting up with those of us who ask questions that we should be able to find the answers to ourselves. Teaching oneself is a confusing process and the 'correct' sites don't always make sense, or they leave out steps that should be obvious, except they aren't.

I, for one, have never been good at learning things in order. It's like I want to write a novel and don't have the patience to learn the alphabet first. Never mind basic PhP - how do I get a shopping cart now? But I seem to stumble around and find the answers and get the basic knowledge through osmosis on the way. That's how I learned HTML. Heck, it's about how I learn everything that really matters. These forums make disorganized learning possible. I'll leave it to others to debate whether that's a good thing or not ;)

Thanks for that; it helps.

Also thanks everyone for putting up with those of us who ask questions that we should be able to find the answers to ourselves. Teaching oneself is a confusing process and the 'correct' sites don't always make sense, or they leave out steps that should be obvious, except they aren't.

I, for one, have never been good at learning things in order. It's like I want to write a novel and don't have the patience to learn the alphabet first. Never mind basic PhP - how do I get a shopping cart now? But I seem to stumble around and find the answers and get the basic knowledge through osmosis on the way. That's how I learned HTML. Heck, it's about how I learn everything that really matters. These forums make disorganized learning possible. I'll leave it to others to debate whether that's a good thing or not ;)

I know this thread is quite old but the Simple Template System is always an option. Thought I would mention it as it was not mentioned above.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Archived