• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Controlling USPS

richtestani

I have a few questions about this module.

It seems like a very blunt module with very little control over the output.

But I some oddities with it.

Why is it when I set my weight of an item to 0 OSC says its 3lbs?

Also, is there a way to set certain items as a certain rate?

I sell comics and want 3 or less to ship at a certain cost no matter.

I also sell some clothing items which I want to have a flat rate for but I dont think I can control how much shipping cost per item.

Can I?

Thanks

Rich

Hey Ya'll -

I was gonna start a new thread, but this one seemed adequte enough ... I'm interested in finding out if there is anyway to RESTRICT some of the options that are available w/ the USPS module.

For example - I had a customer from Japan order, and since I'm in the USA, they was a plethora of shipping options - including both "Small" and "Large" Global Priority Mail envelopes, all sorts of airmal parcel post, etc ... is there a way I can limit this to have only:

1) Media Mail

2) 1st Class Mail

3) Priority Mail

4) Global Priority Mail (Large)

????

Thanks in advance,

Fred

While you're answering that...mull this over...

In the UPS module, ground shipping comes up as an option until i add my preferred packaging as a UPS tube, at which point only ari/priority mail come up.

Also, is there any way to customize the packaging that an indivudual item gets? here's the problem. i sell prints and original paintings. prints go in tubes, paintings don't. how do i set up a logical shipping guide with this in minds sincd i can only select 1 package type?