[support] MultiGeoZone MultiTable Shipping Module

• Please log in to reply
336 replies to this topic

#41   ExtraB

ExtraB
  • Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 15 December 2004 - 03:40

Does anyone know where I can download a zip file of this contribution?

I don't have a program that will open a tar file.

Thanks
Eric B
AJ2000

#42   ExtraB

ExtraB
  • Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 15 December 2004 - 04:48

I have another question. I am trying to change a site from the MTMR contribution to this MultiGeoZone mod.

How do I upgrade?

Do I just have to set the MRMT mod to false in my admin area or do I have overright files or delete files or change code in files?

Thanks
Eric B
AJ2000

#43   dreamscape

dreamscape
  • Members
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 16 December 2004 - 02:52

I have another question. I am trying to change a site from the MTMR contribution to this MultiGeoZone mod.

How do I upgrade?

Do I just have to set the MRMT mod to false in my admin area or do I have overright files or delete files or change code in files?

Thanks
Eric B

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They are 2 different modules. There is no "upgrading". If you want to no longer use MRMT, then yes, you uninstall it.
The only thing necessary for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing
- Edmund Burke

#44   ExtraB

ExtraB
  • Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 16 December 2004 - 05:25

They are 2 different modules.  There is no "upgrading".  If you want to no longer use MRMT, then yes, you uninstall it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks dreamscape... but I am not sure how to uninstall ... can you please tell me how... do I just disable the MRMT mod through my admin area of OSC?

Thanks
Eric B
AJ2000

#45   dreamscape

dreamscape
  • Members
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 17 December 2004 - 04:35

Thanks dreamscape... but I am not sure how to uninstall ... can you please tell me how... do I just disable the MRMT mod through my admin area of OSC?

Thanks
Eric B

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes that will uninstall it from the database then. You could also delete the MRMT files if you wanted to, but you do not need to.
- Edmund Burke

#46   puckett_jw

puckett_jw
  • Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 19 December 2004 - 20:38

...Also by default osCommerce sets a default package tare weight of 3 lbs... meaning that 3lbs is added to the weight of every order on top of what you have set in your tables for this module.

To set the tare weight to $0 you need to go to
Configuration> Shipping/Packaging > Package Tare Weight
in the admin...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have the Tare Wieght set to 0, but I have a question about Configuration> Shipping/Packaging > Enter the Maximum Package Weight you will ship, which is 50 by default. How will this value affect the shipping cost? If I set it to 0 will that negate the value? Should I just set it really really high?

#47   dreamscape

dreamscape
  • Members
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 19 December 2004 - 20:55

I have the Tare Wieght set to 0, but I have a question about Configuration> Shipping/Packaging > Enter the Maximum Package Weight you will ship, which is 50 by default.  How will this value affect the shipping cost?  If I set it to 0 will that negate the value?  Should I just set it really really high?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It affects how many packages osCommerce splits the order into. If the max package weight is 10, for example, and the order is 15 pounds, osCommerce will split the order into 2 packages... I think
- Edmund Burke

#48   baby

baby
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 15:25

Hi,
/thumbsup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbsup:' /> thanks a lot for that contribution, I'am using the v1.100
it's work well but I think I will report a bug.
I ve declared 10 zones and every thying is working ok.
except sometimes when I put articles off the basket the shipping fee failed to zero $, if i add articles to basket sometimes the transport price is ok sometimes it is still $0.

do you have an idea.

sorry for my english.
big BAB
using CRE Loaded6 v4 Fr Sp1.2 RC2]

#49   WebPixie

WebPixie
  • Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 26 January 2005 - 23:00

Hi,
/thumbsup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbsup:' /> thanks a lot for that contribution, I'am using the v1.100
it's work well but I think I will report a bug.
I ve declared 10 zones and every thying is working ok.
except sometimes when I put articles off the basket the shipping fee failed to zero $, if i add articles to basket sometimes the transport price is ok sometimes it is still $0.

do you have an idea.

sorry for my english.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've looked but can't find anything. Does anyone know if there is a mod that will work with this mod that will print out a shipping table so customers can see the shipping rates. I tried using the shipping table contrib but it only showed the highest price for the countries and not for the zones.

Thanks for any information you can give.

#50   JoeMcManus

JoeMcManus
  • Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 12:30

Hi,

First of all, thanks for the great contribution.

Have a question though...

I bought a Royal Mail database with 3500 postcode groups. I know which ones are Islands or remote areas and want additional delivery fees for those. So I will group them into Shp: Tax Zones and set up a different table for them. But your code references it by 'Zones' which I assume refer to States/Counties. So the customer's state/county part of the address is matched against one of these Tax Zone 'Zones' from the DB and the shipping set accordingly.

I need to hack it so it references it against the customer's ZIP/Post code, not the State/County.

I'm not that proficient in OO programming but should be able to code it old skool style. Could you guide me to the right bit of code though please?
Johan a.k.a. T0PS3O elsewhere.

Contributed Barclay's ePDQ Payment Module though not originally mine. Made it work though...

#51   Hendriks

Hendriks
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 20:08

Ah sorry, I forgot to put in multi package support.  It should be fixed now:

http://www.oscommerc...tributions,2571

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Dreamscape for this wonderful contribution. It was just what I needed.

The multipackage bugfix fixed the shipping costs, which are OK now. However, during checkout I want to display the right weigth and right now it shows only half the weight. I can't figure out where OSC calculates the $shipping_weight.

Does anybody have an idea how to fix this?

Thanks a lot.

Jeroen

#52   JoeMcManus

JoeMcManus
  • Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 22:06

Goedenavond Jeroen,

I happened to have hacked my way through what I asked just above and have found solutions to most of my 'issues' with this contributions. Haven't got round to the postcode referencing but I did code a 'free delivery per product' work around.

By doing this I found out where the weight is calculated.

in includes/modules/shipping/mzmt.php do a search for $shipping_weight and you'll find it. It gets it from the $orders. Part is done in classes/shipping.php but I believe the chosen module overrides this. You might want to have a look though.

If it only shows half; are you sure you gave each and every item a weight?

Did you add $shipping_weight to the globals like:

// class methods
    function quote($method = '') {
      global $order, $shipping_weight;

in that same file?

By doing so it will actually display it, makes it easier for debugging.

admin/configuration/shipping max weight gave me some strange behaviour. It added the percentage even when I set the max weight to 10000000. You might want to set the percentage to 0 to see if it helps.

Contributed Barclay's ePDQ Payment Module though not originally mine. Made it work though...

#53   Hendriks

Hendriks
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 22:23

Goedenavond Jeroen,

I happened to have hacked my way through what I asked just above and have found solutions to most of my 'issues' with this contributions. Haven't got round to the postcode referencing but I did code a 'free delivery per product' work around.

By doing this I found out where the weight is calculated.

in includes/modules/shipping/mzmt.php do a search for $shipping_weight and you'll find it. It gets it from the $orders.  Part is done in classes/shipping.php but I believe the chosen module overrides this. You might want to have a look though.

If it only shows half; are you sure you gave each and every item a weight?

Did you add $shipping_weight to the globals like:

// class methods
    function quote($method = '') {
      global $order, $shipping_weight;

in that same file?

By doing so it will actually display it, makes it easier for debugging.

admin/configuration/shipping max weight gave me some strange behaviour. It added the percentage even when I set the max weight to 10000000. You might want to set the percentage to 0 to see if it helps.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hello Joe,

Thanks for your quick reply.

The shipping weight is displayed (i had already made $shipping_weight global). Everything is OK until the weigth of the order exceeds the max weight set in ADMIN. OSC then splits the weight in two equal parts and sets the number of packages to 2. From that moment on $shipping_weight is half the actual weight. The MZMT module then multiplies this with the number of packages (this is the section you're referring to, if i'm not mistaken).

My idea was to prevent OSC from splitting the $shipping_weight at all and use the actual weight all the time (and let MZMT *divide* this amount by the number of packages when calculating the shipping costs). This seems more reliable to me than working with a wrong weight...

This is why I would like to find out where OSC manipulates this $shipping_weight.

Excuse me if my English explanation is a bit fuzzy, I hope you understand what i mean... /unsure.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':unsure:' />

Regards, Jeroen

#54   JoeMcManus

JoeMcManus
  • Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 28 January 2005 - 12:17

You will probably have to look at line 60 in includes/classes/shipping.php. That's where it splits it.

#55   dreamscape

dreamscape
  • Members
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 28 January 2005 - 15:37

Where it displays the $shipping_weight to the user, change it to ($shipping_weight * $shipping_num_boxes)

You'll need to add $shipping_num_boxes to the global for the quote function as well.

Sorry about that.
- Edmund Burke

#56   Hendriks

Hendriks
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 January 2005 - 16:29

Where it displays the $shipping_weight to the user, change it to ($shipping_weight * $shipping_num_boxes)

You'll need to add $shipping_num_boxes to the global for the quote function as well.
Sorry about that.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Dreamscape,

Thanks a lot. It works like a charm..

Once again, great contibution!

#57   iecwillow

iecwillow
  • Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 01:36

I was trying to add 2 more geo zones, so I uninstalled MultiGeoZone MultiTable Shipping Module first, and then modified mzmt.php in catalog\includes\languages\english\modules\shipping:

<?php
/*
  $Id: mzmt.php,v 1.000 2004-10-29 Josh Dechant Exp $

Copyright (c) 2004 Josh Dechant

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
  http://www.oscommerce.com

Protions Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*//*
  Create text & icons for geo zones and their tables following template below where
    $n = geo zone number (in the shipping module) and
    $j = table number

MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_$n_TEXT_TITLE
  MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_$n_ICON
  MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_$n_TABLE_$j_TEXT_WAY

Sample is setup for a 3x3 table (3 Geo Zones with 3 Tables each)
*/

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_TEXT_TITLE', 'MultiGeoZone MultiTable');
define('MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_TEXT_DESCRIPTION', 'Multiple geo zone shipping with multiple tables to each geo zone.');

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_1_TEXT_TITLE', 'United States Postal Service (USPS)');
define('MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_1_ICON', '');
define('MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_1_TABLE_1_TEXT_WAY', 'Insured First Class Mail');
define('MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_1_TABLE_2_TEXT_WAY', 'Insured Priority Mail');
define('MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_1_TABLE_3_TEXT_WAY', 'Insured Express Mail');

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_2_TEXT_TITLE', 'United States Postal Service (USPS)');
define('MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_2_ICON', '');
define('MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_2_TABLE_1_TEXT_WAY', 'Insured Priority Mail');
define('MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_2_TABLE_2_TEXT_WAY', 'Insured Express Mail');
define('MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_2_TABLE_3_TEXT_WAY', '');

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_3_TEXT_TITLE', 'United States Postal Service (USPS)');
define('MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_3_ICON', '');
define('MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_3_TABLE_1_TEXT_WAY', 'Insured Priority Mail');
define('MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_3_TABLE_2_TEXT_WAY', 'Insured Express Mail');
define('MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_3_TABLE_3_TEXT_WAY', '');

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_4_TEXT_TITLE', 'United States Postal Service (USPS)');
define('MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_4_ICON', '');
define('MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_4_TABLE_1_TEXT_WAY', 'Global Priority Mail');
define('MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_4_TABLE_2_TEXT_WAY', 'Registered Airmail');
define('MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_4_TABLE_3_TEXT_WAY', 'Global Express Mail');

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_5_TEXT_TITLE', 'United States Postal Service (USPS)');
define('MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_5_ICON', '');
define('MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_5_TABLE_1_TEXT_WAY', 'Global Priority Mail');
define('MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_5_TABLE_2_TEXT_WAY', 'Registered Airmail');
define('MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_5_TABLE_3_TEXT_WAY', 'Global Express Mail');
?>

After uploaded and re-installed MultiGeoZone MultiTable Shipping Module, there are still only 3 geo zones shows in Admin/Modules/Shipping. Am I missing anything or did anything wrong? Please help. Thanks in advance.

#58   dreamscape

dreamscape
  • Members
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 01:43

After uploaded and re-installed MultiGeoZone MultiTable Shipping Module, there are still only 3 geo zones shows in Admin/Modules/Shipping. Am I missing anything or did anything wrong? Please help. Thanks in advance.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The language file does not tell the module how many geo zones you have. You have to define this in Admin -> Configuration -> MultiGeoZone MultiTable Shipping
- Edmund Burke

#59   iecwillow

iecwillow
  • Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 01:47

Thanks for the promptly support and thanks for the great contribution.

#60   loveacrossborders

loveacrossborders
  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 12 February 2005 - 21:13

Oh boy,

We've run into a major snag using MultiGeoZone MultiTable Shipping Module. First, I will admit that it's completely our fault . We spent WEEKS compiling all of the shipping information that we needed to build shipping rates for every country. See, we're planning to ship from Thailand, where we live, and the rates vary greatly from country to country.

Here is an example table:
10:.65,50:.65,75:.88,100:1.11,125:1.34,150:1.57,175:1.8,200:2.03,225:2.26,250:2.49,275:2.72,300:2.95,325:3.18,350:3.41,375:3.64,400:3.87,425:4.1,450:4.33,475:4.56,500:4.79,525:5.02,550:5.25,575:5.48,600:5.78,625:5.94,650:6.17,675:6.4,700:6.63,725:6.86,750:7.19,775:7.42,800:7.65,825:7.78,850:8.01,875:8.24,900:8.47,925:8.7,950:8.93,975:9.33,1000:9.39,1025:9.62,1050:10.00,1100:10.46,1125:10.70,1150:10.94,1175:11.17,1200:11.40,1225:11.63,1250:11.86,1275:12.09,1300:475,1325:12.32,1350:12.55,1375:13.04,1400:13.28,1425:13.51,1450:13.74,1475:13.97,1500:14.2,1525:14.43,1550:14.66,1575:14.89,1600:15.12,1625:15.35,1650:15.58,1675:15.81,1700:16.04,1725:16.27,1750:16.5,1775:16.73,1800:16.96,1825:17.19,1850:17.42,1875:17.65,1900:17.95,1925:18.18,1950:18.41,1975:18.90,2000:19.20,2001:24.5,3001:27.7,4001:31.4,5000:31.4
Now, what I didn't realize is that we'd be limited in how long the shipping table can be. So, if I enter the table above into MTMZ, it gets cut off at around 775:7.42 .

I'm hoping (praying even) that there's some way, some option to extend the length of the table. We've worked so hard to give up now . I'm still learning my way around MySQl and php, but I'm getting pretty familiar with things.

How could I alter the length of how long the MTMZ tables are allowed to be? Is there something that I can change in the MySQL database or in MTMZ.php?

Shaun and Nat
shaunapple@gmail.com
AIM - applesbliss
YIM - loveacrossborders

Edited by loveacrossborders, 12 February 2005 - 21:14.