FAQ system contribution

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#61   muneca

muneca
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 05:53

If includes/languages/english/faq.php exists, then check your admin/includes/configure.php file

Thank you for your reply. Not sure what I'm looking for here. Yes, I've uploaded all the files that came with the contribution.

#62   Coopco

Coopco
  • Members
  • 9,557 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 06:07

Thank you for your reply. Not sure what I'm looking for here. Yes, I've uploaded all the files that came with the contribution.
/huh.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':huh:' />

Check the configure.php for the catalog defines.

The Coopco Underwear Shop

If you live to be 100 years of age, that means you have lived for 36,525 days. Don't waste another, there aren't many left.

#63   muneca

muneca
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 07:19

Got it! Thank you!

#64   BrandonScottishRegalia

BrandonScottishRegalia
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 14:49

Hello i have installed the newest version of this contribution. And now my information box has disappeared. well its there but the contents aren't. any idea which php file i should be checking?

I'm a n00b.

#65   Coopco

Coopco
  • Members
  • 9,557 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 15:04

Hello i have installed the newest version of this contribution. And now my information box has disappeared. well its there but the contents aren't. any idea which php file i should be checking?

I'm a n00b.

You should now have two information boxes.

If you live to be 100 years of age, that means you have lived for 36,525 days. Don't waste another, there aren't many left.

#66   minipassat

minipassat
  • Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 06:18

hi, does any one know how to change the code in order to use FCK HTML Editor with this FAQ System?

Also, is it possible to make the "answer" to appear at the popup window?

Thank you!

#67   darqawi

darqawi
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 19:06

I wonder if anyone can help me, I've installed this and it appears to work, I just don't get any link in my info box on the site!

Here's the code from catalog/includes/boxes/information.php

?>
<!-- information //-->
          <tr>
            <td>
<?php
  $info_box_contents = array();
  $info_box_contents[] = array('text' => BOX_HEADING_INFORMATION);

new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, false, false);

$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHIPPING) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_SHIPPING . '</a><br>' .
                                         '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRIVACY) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_PRIVACY . '</a><br>' .
                                         '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONDITIONS) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_CONDITIONS . '</a><br>' .
                                         '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_CONTACT . '</a>');
                        // FAQ SYSTEM 2.1
                                         '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_FAQ) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_FAQ . '</a><br>' ; 
                        // FAQ SYSTEM 2.1

new infoBox($info_box_contents);
?>

I find that I HAVE to remove the ) from the line which originally looked like this,

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_FAQ) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_FAQ . '</a><br>');

or I get an error message stating

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ')' in C:\xampp\htdocs\oscommerce\catalog\includes\boxes\information.php on line 28

either way I don't get a link on the site /sad.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Any land is a brave mans country

#68   darqawi

darqawi
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 14:26

I wonder if anyone can help me, I've installed this and it appears to work, I just don't get any link in my info box on the site!

Here's the code from catalog/includes/boxes/information.php

?>
<!-- information //-->
          <tr>
            <td>
<?php
  $info_box_contents[] = array('text' => BOX_HEADING_INFORMATION);

new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, false, false);

$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHIPPING) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_SHIPPING . '</a><br>' .
                                         '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRIVACY) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_PRIVACY . '</a><br>' .
                                         '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONDITIONS) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_CONDITIONS . '</a><br>' .
                                         '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_CONTACT . '</a>');
                        // FAQ SYSTEM 2.1
                                         '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_FAQ) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_FAQ . '</a><br>' ; 
                        // FAQ SYSTEM 2.1

new infoBox($info_box_contents);
?>

I find that I HAVE to remove the ) from the line which originally looked like this,

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_FAQ) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_FAQ . '</a><br>');

or I get an error message stating

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ')' in C:\xampp\htdocs\oscommerce\catalog\includes\boxes\information.php on line 28

either way I don't get a link on the site /sad.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Sorted! Basic syntax error.....my mistake.

Edited by darqawi, 10 November 2009 - 14:27.

Any land is a brave mans country

#69   ronrrico

ronrrico
  • Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 05:52

Hi Guys,
I installed FAQ System 3.1 and I'm getting an error in catalog/faq.php

Here:

1146 - Table 'basket_giftbasket.TABLE_FAQ' doesn't exist

SELECT faq_id, question FROM TABLE_FAQ WHERE visible='1' and language='english' ORDER BY v_order

[TEP STOP]

It seems like there is no faq table in db? I don't know, db is not my forte,,,
Just for the record,
I did execute the sql file that was included in the package.

Thanks in advance,,,,

Ronnie

#70   Coopco

Coopco
  • Members
  • 9,557 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 07:16

Hi Guys,
I installed FAQ System 3.1 and I'm getting an error in catalog/faq.php

Here:

1146 - Table 'basket_giftbasket.TABLE_FAQ' doesn't exist

SELECT faq_id, question FROM TABLE_FAQ WHERE visible='1' and language='english' ORDER BY v_order

[TEP STOP]

It seems like there is no faq table in db? I don't know, db is not my forte,,,
Just for the record,
I did execute the sql file that was included in the package.

Thanks in advance,,,,

Ronnie

You can check in phpmyadmin if the table faq has been created.

#71   ronrrico

ronrrico
  • Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 06:43

You can check in phpmyadmin if the table faq has been created.

Yep, it's there... I do notice something odd...

faq_id tinyint(3) UNSIGNED No auto_increment
&
v_order tinyint(3) UNSIGNED No 0

They both have "UNSIGNED" under the Attributes column...

I have no clue when it comes to DB, I stay away as much as I can from MyphpAdmin.

Thanks,
Ronnie

#72   cinloi

cinloi
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 12:02

i hope this thread still alive,

i'm using FAQ 3.1 and already running and have 34 data (question and answer) in it, and suddently now when i want to insert a new "faq data" the FAQ System doesn't give any respon. I try edit the old data, the FAQ System doesn't give any respon too, its all same with delete, active, and deactive function. Its seems the FAQ System suddently "dead", i cann't do anything.

I try to reinstall/resetup the FAQ System (except the database, because i don't want loose my old data) but it doesn't help.

anyone here can tell what should i do?

thanks before

#73   cinloi

cinloi
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 18:06

i hope this thread still alive,

i'm using FAQ 3.1 and already running and have 34 data (question and answer) in it, and suddently now when i want to insert a new "faq data" the FAQ System doesn't give any respon. I try edit the old data, the FAQ System doesn't give any respon too, its all same with delete, active, and deactive function. Its seems the FAQ System suddently "dead", i cann't do anything.

I try to reinstall/resetup the FAQ System (except the database, because i don't want loose my old data) but it doesn't help.

anyone here can tell what should i do?

thanks before

thanks GOD... my problem fixed with "trabi" solution (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/1948)

thanks....