• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

database design

firfin

A have a simple question really. Is there a description of the DB tables and how they interconnect (primary , foreign keys etc ?)

If not how would i go about making such a document available. I have started mapping it out and when I've finished this task it might be a useful thing to have available.

Well, make that two simple questions. The same also applies for the total program (starting with index.php to application_top.php andsoforth.) I haven't started on exploring those yet.

Can't think of a signature tight now. But just you wait till I read the next Discworld!

search the contributions area, already done.  search works wonders

Thanks again for your swift help. I had tried searching the forums for these answers but that gave me too many or the wrong results. I never thought of looking through the contributions , thinking that section was for add-ons and extra modules only (i.e. program extension.) I did not expect to find documentation there. :-"

Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction (again :D ).

Can't think of a signature tight now. But just you wait till I read the next Discworld!

Yep...I actually contributed one of the packages you will find. Now you know that the contributions section contains MUCH more than just additional code. I just wish that more people knew this.

Did you find what you were looking for?

Chris Sullivan

• 4 weeks later...
Yep...I actually contributed one of the packages you will find. Now you know that the contributions section contains MUCH more than just additional code. I just wish that more people knew this.

Thanks for the tip. Now I know, will explore that section more often. :)

Did you find what you were looking for?

I found the DB schema, it was very helpful thank you for taking the time.

Still looking for the overall program / file layout, but at least I'm not the only one :-)

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=113678

here is a file-layout and data points, also what database entries are there. I dont know if it really is clear on the database interaction or how much is there, i only looked at it for the file interactions. I got all the info i needed from it, seems pretty complete.

http://elephantsden.com/tep_database-pr2.2-CVS.pdf

It was included in the zip when i first downloaded OSC. not sure why yours didnt have it, i wonder if i have an unstable version...... i went ahead and posted it on my website for you to grab a copy. i'll leave it up for a week or so.

also check out:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2565

• 7 years later...

Archived