• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Website Color Pallette Trick

Step 1: Find an Image you like (that relates to your site)

Open Image in Photoshop:

Run this filter:

Filter | Pixelate | Mosaic

Adjust cell size.

Wala. Your palette for your new site is ready!

I use this for every site I make. Hope you enjoy it.

Please msg me with the site(s) you create using this trick, I'd love to see them.

mosaic.jpg

TJ

• 4 weeks later...

looks like a very neat idea. my brain isn't functioning too well today from the superbowl party so this is prolly a stupid question.

how can i tell what the colors are (ie. #FFFFFF)

thx

you can take the RGB value and use this site to get matching HEX code. It will give you other web matching colors as well:

http://www.colorschemer.com/online.html

TJ, your trick is great (and easy, which makes it better!!), but not all site use full colored pictures as header image... Then, the colorschemer tool works as a great alternate as well.. (original tip taken from an earlyier post from Burt)

It ain't easy being me either

You can get the Hex. codes directly from Photoshop, FYI - use the eyedropper to select the colour, and then edit the colour with the colour picker - beneath the RGB, CYMK values is the hex. code.

This is probably one of the best tips for web deign I have seen in a long time. Very simple, and yet very affective.

This should be taught at web page design 101 classes.

Is there a post anywhere on here where people can get reviews of there site design for suggestions?

Is there a post anywhere on here where people can get reviews of there site design for suggestions?
The My Store forum? If that's not the answer, then I don't understand the question.

Would have to be a real store to post on the My Store forum though. No designs without clients or designs that aren't related to osCommerce. Read the pinned notice in that forum before posting.

Hth,

Matt

Always back up before making changes.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Now if I only owned photoshop. I have the Microsoft Photo something or other. It's pretty good for $30. I wonder if it can do this.

You can get Adobe Photo Shop Elements for $99 instead of the full blown and it will do A LOT of functions still.

Contributions I used : Updated 06-13-04 23:42

----------------

Vote on My Graphis Poll

• 1 month later...
  • 7 years later...

For grabbing individual colors off the web, and to find the hex code in my shopping cart I use ColorPix, Free and very neat. It picks up the pixel under the mouse... click any key...info is captured and locked, click on the hex code displayed and code is saved.

AdvColorSel is another cool tool for color management, no color wheel, but with how it works... you don't need one.

Archived