• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] - osWrapper

My first post here and also my first contribution.

I just added osWrapper to the Contributions section on the main site, so I dont know if it is available instantly or if it must be approved first, but that is where you will be able to download it.

- I guess it is instant.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,883

Any questions or bugs please reply here.

I will try to help out the best I can, but I am no php pro. :wink:

=======

What osWrapper does:

First of all, there are NO files that need to be edited.

This is a "drop-in" type of mod.

This program basically lets you add more pages to your shopping cart.

Say you wanted an "About Us" page but still wanted it kept in your carts environment.

You just create a small html or php file and upload it to your "wrapped" directory.

You can then access that page and it will be wrapped by your carts header, side menus and footer.

This program also lets you wrap php scripts too, plus it can also utilize osCommerce's variables!!!

I have also implemented an easy to use file manager.

This will show you the files in your wrapped directory and also create the links for you.

Access your file manager at http://www.yoursite.com/catalog/wrapper.ph...?file=index.php

Enjoy!

Damien

I have your wrapper installed and apparently running well at:

http://farmex.now.tc/catalog/wrapper.php?f...?file=local.php

One thing that I noticed is that the breadcrumb stays ay the catalog default location (no big deal, but maybe something for a future update?)

Thumbs up for the great :idea: :P :!:

... if you want to REALLY see something that doesn't set up right out of the box without some tweaking,

try being a Foster Parent!

Yep, with you on this Gary.

I dont find it to be the best, as you do lose alot of the stabdard OSC bits and bobs.

It is very easy to create your own template for pages, so I guess this mod could be slightly irrelevant.

Although I do like the sort of admin control over this that you have made.

Sorry just not for me, but I reckon there will be loads that will like it!

CC.

Damien

I have your wrapper installed and apparently running well at:

http://farmex.now.tc/catalog/wrapper.php?f...?file=local.php

One thing that I noticed is that the breadcrumb stays ay the catalog default location (no big deal, but maybe something for a future update?)

Thumbs up for the great :idea: :P :!:

Thanks for the feed back.....

I will see if I can somehow implement the breadcrumb feature in the next version....

When I was building this, I did think about it but couldnt come up with an easy solution....

btw, it looks good on your page....

This idea is good in theory, but fundamentally flawed in practice. Yes it makes it easier to add in new pages, but it removes some of the structures that Osc has in place for coding.

Try doing wrapper.php?file=blah.php

I never really thought about the fact that some people have modified their index.php/default.php.

hmmm.... I will see if I can come up with a solution for the next version.

I will also have it check to see if a file exists to counter what you mentioned above.

"wrapper.php?file=blah.php"

Thanks for the feed back....

Hi,

I am new with OSCOMMERCE and need some help.

1. Problem

I just installed OSWRAPPER. When accessing my site to login OSWRAP, I get the following message:

Warning: Failed opening 'config.php' for inclusion (include_path='') in /home/sites/site47/web/catalog/wrapped/index.php on line 2

2. Problem

Even if I put a password in config.php, I can login without the password.

3. Problem

How do I add the link in the informations box (on the left) to the added new content site (like "About us"-Page)

Thank you for your help.

Patrick

hmmm, I haven't installed this to be honest but after making several new pages with the new pages mod I'm beginning to think that this mod could be something even more :!:

Here is a thought until I can get to play with this later tonight after work.

I wonder if this couldn't be even used to replace most of the files that have most of the html header footer coded into them. You then would have to move the file and language declaration into the core file and have oswrap do the dirty work of producing the surrounding information. In turn replacing the need to have to do html basic work for most pages. In essence the start of moving osC to a template based system or even just making the code maintaince that much easier.

I personally don't mind not having templates but I really look forward to the day when code and html is seperated in osC.

I've been playing with WebObjects by apple a bit recently and everything is seperated. html - code - db referenceing. Just sweet for final and even developmental maintaince.

Then if templates are decided upon in the future all you have to do is adjust a small part of the osc code instead of every single page.

sorry if this is going a bit of a tangent but it jsut seems too sweet to pass up this chance.

:D

NewsDesk(934) / FAQDesk(1106) / OrderCheck(1168) :::

1. Problem

I just installed OSWRAPPER. When accessing my site to login OSWRAP, I get the following message:

Warning: Failed opening 'config.php' for inclusion (include_path='') in /home/sites/site47/web/catalog/wrapped/index.php on line 2

Make sure you upload the included config file to your /www/html/catalog/wrapped/ directory.

2. Problem

Even if I put a password in config.php, I can login without the password.

I dont see how you can log in at all with the #1 problem.

3. Problem

How do I add the link in the informations box (on the left) to the added new content site (like "About us"-Page)

You will have to create a new box.php file and put it in your /www/html/catalog/includes/boxes/ directory. I'm not going to get into details on how to do this because i'm pretty sure it has been brought up many times in the forum.

Just search for 'add side box' or something similar.

Maybe in the next version I will include an easy-to-use wrapped side menu that you can drop into your boxes directory.

sorry if this is going a bit of a tangent but it jsut seems too sweet to pass up this chance.

I agree, a template system is much needed for osCommerce.

Too many carts look alike and not everyone can simply change their template. Seperating the code from the HTML would be wonderful, and thats sort of what I did with this wrapper.

I'm still undecided about using templates since php does such a wonderful job in regards to parsing code, however, seperating church from state in other words is definitely the future for osC.

I'm looking forward to checking out your work tonight. I'm at work right now :wink:

Finally installed it.

first impression:

For those who don't want to bother with the newpages mod this is one definite alternative. It's pretty nifty and works quite well.

thoughts and suggestions:

- moving the admin to section to osC's admin would be nice. Not a big deal really but I'm a nut case about keeping things organized.

- is there any way to hide the wrapper part of the url?

- filemanger doesn't want to work on OSX's mozilla 1.2, Chimera 0.6 and Apple's new Safari. However it does work with IE 5.2.2

- idea. bread crumbs might work if you put a variable into the wrapped files ie demo.php

- how about an automated menu builder. Forexample, you add a < ?php include oswrapper_menu.php ? > somewhere on your page. I'm thinking of the static pages mod that was built for geeklog. That way users don't have to build the area themselves.

I don't have much free time but I won't mind helping with testing :D

Cheers and good luck!

• 1 month later...

This is a great little utility!!!

Im having the same problem as another poster..

Warning: open_basedir restriction in effect. File is in wrong directory in /path/to/httpdocs/wrapped/index.php on line 2

The config file is sitting right there in the wrapped directory along with demo and index.

Help?

Thanks

Tracy

open your config file and adjust the paths to match that of your server....

i think that should solve your problem....

Hmmm.. My config file only asks for username and password....

and whether to view text box as links!!

Tracy

i honestly have no idea why you are getting that error message....

sounds like a problem with your php configuration....

your host may be able to adjust the php.ini file but im not quite sure....

i hope someone else has some pointers or suggestions....

sorry... :(

No problem Omen. I cna live with the errors...

When i view a file to make sure it looks ok, then click the back button it wants me to login again.. Is there anyway to turn the username and password off altogether?

Thank

Tracy

Hi,

I got this installed after a few hiccups, I was getting the config.php error but have got round that by including the full path I also started to mess around with the code and for nothing more than vanity have changed it to content.php?page=filename (I have been leaving off the file ext again simply becuase it looks better IMHO)

I was looking to now add the ability to add the content via the admin etc etc with the pagenames created on the fly...

I have d/loaded the Information Unlimited contribution but have not got round to installing but will be doing so later (Is this a hack of wrapper?)

I really like mod it's serves a purpose of which osC is lacking but there is a Template system slated in the workboard for MS3 I think. I would be happy to look at moving this idea into the osc standards and will be happy to offer all I can to do this, maybe Harold et al can give us some ideas as to how we can help with this...

The idea of being able to quickly add and update 'center' page content with additional images and osc variables will be more than welcome by most here.

I have a dev copy installed with it if any users want to take a peek before they download etc etc take a peak..

The changelog will be updated as I progress..

Regards

Ed

i-netmedia

I was getting the config.php error but have got round that by including the full path

Sorry I meant to highlight this...

/path/to/your/config.php

Regards

Ed

i-netmedia

Hi i-netmedia

I added the path, and migically the error went away :)

How did you manage to use content.php?page=filename (no file extension) it does look better I must admit

Tracy

Hi,

I will be posting thisin the next few days, as it's still not a complete solution but you can do it now simply save a copy of the demo.php file included with the mod without the extension.

You can also as it states utilise osC variables into the pages via php echo etc

Next I'm going to go a stage further with it and see what happens when I include an 'external' script

Glad I could help...

Regards

Ed

i-netmedia

i-netmedia -

i like what you are doing with this contribution....

if this was set up to create pages on the fly, or have a text-area that will allow you to build "wrapped" pages, that would make this contri wonderful...

I was planning on adding that function, plus a lot more, but dont have much time anymore with my sites and all.... i may be able to lend a hand if needed and i'd like to see this method of page making adapted to osCommerce....

Hi,

No problems at all, it will be interesting to see what we can do with this, I think though it has to be moved to the admin and content should defo be stored in mysql.

There is also the language side of things to consider I think if we put our heads together we can come up with something :-)

PM me and we'll take if from there

Regards

Ed

i-netmedia

Hi,

Not likley, the default search limits it's search to Products and Manufacturers, it shouldn't be to hard to make it search these pages though. I was going to play around with the META tags controller and try and incorporate that too, so there may be possiblities there...

Where there is a will there will surely be

code for it...

:-)

Regards

Ed

i-netmedia