• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

ODE TO THE NEWBIE! Read this before you post

Trusten

You've just decided to use one of the BEST shopping carts out there, what's the problem?

HOW THE H*** DO YOU CUSTOMIZE IT?

well here goes,

AFTER YOU INSTALL

1. please review the application_top (in both admin, and catalog) areas to be certain everything is configured poperly. (in 2.1 this is very important)

2. check out /includes/configure.php (2.2)

3. head to /includes/langauges/english.php (or or german.php, do this to all of them actually) in order to change the 'title' (on the browser).

4. to change the intro that says "this is a preview 2.1 (2.2)" it's the first top line.

5. still seeing an error? make sure you uploaded that mysql.txt file to your database, also, head to the /includes/functions/database.php file to configure your database options.

CUSTOMIZING THE LOOK

1. stylesheets, more and more

stylesheets. /includes/stylesheets, there you can change the colors, etc, etc, (2.2, for 2.1 please proceed

to /includes/langguages/english/index.php (or default.php)

2. need to get rid of that OSCommerce banner on top? and change the look and feel? head to /includes/header.php and customize it there. You should see a field where it says oscomerce.gif

1. email should work, make sure to go into the /admin folder to configure it. if email doesn't work, try creating an account, also be sure to use a general account, like [email protected] to make sure your server is able to send.

PAYPAL

1. if you are using 2.1 and paypal isn't working, (guys give me the link for this), there is a fix for this, so don't fret, just kindly request it.

HAVE FUN WITH IT!

**note** if the mods like this, could they make it into a sticky, you know, keep it on top, maybe everyone else who found little bugs and fixes, or hints to make this easier, could very well contribute. :oops: I love you guys :oops: :cry:

I originally posted this here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/viewtopic.php...ighlight=#64469

but as the song goes, "I said it once before but it bears repeating now . . ."

I've seen a number of posts on these forums (probably made some myself) where the poster could have found the answer with a really simple method. I'm talking about the kind of question that runs "How do I change <x> to read <y>?"

Do a grep or a "find in file" from your text editor over the .php files in your osC directory structure. You'll find the file(s) where the text you want to change is located. Not only will you find your answer, you'll get much more familiar with the code that these wonderful people have written for us, which will help you in the long run.

Steven

PS - Trusten's right. Add More Tips!!!!!!!

• 5 years later...

Thanks Trusten

for this summary. After a few days of working with osC and reading this forum and the documentation. I dound good new stuff in your post!

Thanks sjb

for one of those "say it again!" tips that are so useful, so easily forgotten when the clouds roll in.

I'm subscribing to this topic. Did the mods make it a sticky? They should, unless there is already something similar, which this newbie has not found.

Happy holidays! :thumbsup:

Peter

Pete Schulte

I'm going to make a pseudocode version or flowchart for catalog\index.php -- has anyone already done that? Is it possible to see a naviagation structure anywhere, such as FrontPage provides? Thank you for your replies! ;)

Pete Schulte

I'm going to make a pseudocode version or flowchart for catalog\index.php -- has anyone already done that? Is it possible to see a naviagation structure anywhere, such as FrontPage provides? Thank you for your replies! ;)

Peter,

It has been so...long...since I used this that I can't even remember if I added the comments or someone else did it for me. Anyway, here is the catalog/index.php file explained by adding helpful comments before each function.

Hope you find this helpful,

<?php
/*
$Id: index.php,v 1.1 2003/06/11 17:37:59 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
[url="http://www.oscommerce.com"]http://www.oscommerce.com[/url]

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

require('includes/application_top.php');

// the following cPath references come from application_top.php
$category_depth = 'top';
if (isset($cPath) && tep_not_null($cPath)) {
  $categories_products_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " where categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'");
  $cateqories_products = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_products_query);
  if ($cateqories_products['total'] > 0) {
 $category_depth = 'products'; // display products
  } else {
 $category_parent_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " where parent_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'");
 $category_parent = tep_db_fetch_array($category_parent_query);
 if ($category_parent['total'] > 0) {
   $category_depth = 'nested'; // navigate through the categories
 } else {
   $category_depth = 'products'; // category has no products, but display the 'no products' message
 }
  }
}

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_DEFAULT);
?>
<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>"> 
<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>
<base href="<?php echo (($request_type == 'SSL') ? HTTPS_SERVER : HTTP_SERVER) . DIR_WS_CATALOG; ?>">
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">

<!--- PUT DEFAULT LOCATION OF HEADER HERE BEFORE THE CLOSING </head> TAG makes for GOOD HTML PRACTICE--->
<!-- BEGIN HEADER-------------------------------------------------->
<!-- header //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header.php'); ?>
<!-- header_eof //-->

<!-- END BEGIN HEADER-------------------------------------------------->
</head>
<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0">
<!-- <center> --- // you can add a center here to center the **MAIN** TABLE  -->
<!--- MOVED DEFAULT LOCATION OF HEADER FROM HERE --->
<!-- body //-->
<!---- THIS CONTROLS **MAIN** BODY TABLE example width="646" to change width ---->
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="3" cellpadding="3">
<!---- END CONTROLS **MAIN** BODY TABLE------------------------------->
<!--FIRST TABLE ROW OF **MAIN** TABLE in INDEX.PHP--->
<tr>
<!-- END FIRST TABLE ROW OF **MAIN** TABLE in INDEX.PHP--->  
<!----- THIS CONTROLS DISPLAY OF COLUMN_LEFT.PHP -----> 
  <td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<!-- left_navigation //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php'); ?>
<!-- left_navigation_eof //-->
  </table></td>
<!----- END CONTROLS DISPLAY OF COLUMN_LEFT.PHP -----> 
<!-- body_text //-->
<?php
if ($category_depth == 'nested') {
  $category_query = tep_db_query("select cd.categories_name, c.categories_image from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
  $category = tep_db_fetch_array($category_query);
?>
<!--- THIS CONTROLS CATEGORY DISPLAY DATA ----->
  <td width="100%" valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
 <tr>
   <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
	 <tr>
 <!--- THIS CONTROLS HEADING DATA example LETS SEE WHATS IN HERE --->
	   <td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>
  <!--- END CONTROLS HEADING DATA example LETS SEE WHATS IN HERE --->
<!--- THIS CONTROLS HEADING IMAGE example Sign in book --->
	   <td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $category['categories_image'], $category['categories_name'], HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>
	  <!--- END CONTROLS HEADING IMAGE example Sign in book --->
<!-- KINDA LEAVE THIS ALONE ------>
	 </tr>
   </table></td>
 </tr>
 <tr>
   <td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
 </tr>
 <tr>
   <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
	 <tr>
	   <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
		 <tr>
<?php
  if (isset($cPath) && strpos('_', $cPath)) {
// check to see if there are deeper categories within the current category
 $category_links = array_reverse($cPath_array);
 for($i=0, $n=sizeof($category_links); $i<$n; $i++) {
   $categories_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$category_links[$i] . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
   $categories = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_query);
   if ($categories['total'] < 1) {
	 // do nothing, go through the loop
   } else {
	 $categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$category_links[$i] . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by sort_order, cd.categories_name");
	 break; // we've found the deepest category the customer is in
   }
 }
  } else {
 $categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by sort_order, cd.categories_name");
  }

$number_of_categories = tep_db_num_rows($categories_query);

$rows = 0;
  while ($categories = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_query)) {
 $rows++;
 $cPath_new = tep_get_path($categories['categories_id']);
 $width = (int)(100 / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW) . '%';
 echo '				<td align="center" class="smallText" width="' . $width . '" valign="top"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $cPath_new) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $categories['categories_image'], $categories['categories_name'], SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_WIDTH, SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '<br>' . $categories['categories_name'] . '</a></td>' . "\n";
 if ((($rows / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW) == floor($rows / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW)) && ($rows != $number_of_categories)) {
   echo '			  </tr>' . "\n";
   echo '			  <tr>' . "\n";
 }
  }

// needed for the new products module shown below
  $new_products_category_id = $current_category_id;
?>
		 </tr>
	   </table></td>
	 </tr>
	 <tr>
	 </tr>
	 <tr>
	   <td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS); ?></td>
	 </tr>
   </table></td>
 </tr>
  </table></td>
<?php
} elseif ($category_depth == 'products' || isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) {
// create column list
  $define_list = array('PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL' => PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL,
					'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME' => PRODUCT_LIST_NAME,
					'PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER' => PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER,
					'PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE' => PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE,
					'PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY' => PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY,
					'PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT' => PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT,
					'PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE' => PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE,
					'PRODUCT_LIST_BUY_NOW' => PRODUCT_LIST_BUY_NOW);

asort($define_list);

$column_list = array();
  reset($define_list);
  while (list($key, $value) = each($define_list)) {
 if ($value > 0) $column_list[] = $key;
  }

$select_column_list = '';

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($column_list); $i<$n; $i++) {
 switch ($column_list[$i]) {
   case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL':
	 $select_column_list .= 'p.products_model, ';
	 break;
   case 'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME':
	 $select_column_list .= 'pd.products_name, ';
	 break;
   case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER':
	 $select_column_list .= 'm.manufacturers_name, ';
	 break;
   case 'PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY':
	 $select_column_list .= 'p.products_quantity, ';
	 break;
   case 'PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE':
	 $select_column_list .= 'p.products_image, ';
	 break;
   case 'PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT':
	 $select_column_list .= 'p.products_weight, ';
	 break;
 }
  }

// show the products of a specified manufacturer
  if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) {
 if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'])) {
// We are asked to show only a specific category
   $listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'] . "'";
 } else {
// We show them all
   $listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "'";
 }
  } else {
// show the products in a given categorie
 if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'])) {
// We are asked to show only specific catgeory
   $listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'] . "' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'";
 } else {
// We show them all
   $listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'";
 }
  }

if ( (!isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'])) || (!ereg('[1-8][ad]', $HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'])) || (substr($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'], 0, 1) > sizeof($column_list)) ) {
 for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($column_list); $i<$n; $i++) {
   if ($column_list[$i] == 'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME') {
	 $HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'] = $i+1 . 'a';
	 $listing_sql .= " order by pd.products_name";
	 break;
   }
 }
  } else {
 $sort_col = substr($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'], 0 , 1);
 $sort_order = substr($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'], 1);
 $listing_sql .= ' order by ';
 switch ($column_list[$sort_col-1]) {
   case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL':
	 $listing_sql .= "p.products_model " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";
	 break;
   case 'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME':
	 $listing_sql .= "pd.products_name " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '');
	 break;
   case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER':
	 $listing_sql .= "m.manufacturers_name " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";
	 break;
   case 'PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY':
	 $listing_sql .= "p.products_quantity " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";
	 break;
   case 'PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE':
	 $listing_sql .= "pd.products_name";
	 break;
   case 'PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT':
	 $listing_sql .= "p.products_weight " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";
	 break;
   case 'PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE':
	 $listing_sql .= "final_price " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";
	 break;
 }
  }
?>
  <td width="100%" valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
 <tr>
	 <tr>
<?php
// optional Product List Filter
  if (PRODUCT_LIST_FILTER > 0) {
   $filterlist_sql = "select distinct c.categories_id as id, cd.categories_name as name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id and p2c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "' order by cd.categories_name";
 } else {
   $filterlist_sql= "select distinct m.manufacturers_id as id, m.manufacturers_name as name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m where p.products_status = '1' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' order by m.manufacturers_name";
 }
 $filterlist_query = tep_db_query($filterlist_sql);
 if (tep_db_num_rows($filterlist_query) > 1) {
   echo '			<td align="center" class="main">' . tep_draw_form('filter', FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'get') . TEXT_SHOW . ' ';
	 echo tep_draw_hidden_field('manufacturers_id', $HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id']);
	 $options = array(array('id' => '', 'text' => TEXT_ALL_CATEGORIES));
   } else {
	 echo tep_draw_hidden_field('cPath', $cPath);
	 $options = array(array('id' => '', 'text' => TEXT_ALL_MANUFACTURERS));
   }
   echo tep_draw_hidden_field('sort', $HTTP_GET_VARS['sort']);
   while ($filterlist = tep_db_fetch_array($filterlist_query)) {
	 $options[] = array('id' => $filterlist['id'], 'text' => $filterlist['name']);
   }
   echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('filter_id', $options, (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'] : ''), 'onchange="this.form.submit()"');
   echo '</form></td>' . "\n";
 }
  }

// Get the right image for the top-right
  $image = DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_list.gif';
 $image = tep_db_query("select manufacturers_image from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " where manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "'");
 $image = tep_db_fetch_array($image);
 $image = $image['manufacturers_image'];
  } elseif ($current_category_id) {
 $image = tep_db_query("select categories_image from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " where categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'");
 $image = tep_db_fetch_array($image);
 $image = $image['categories_image'];
  }
?>
	   <td align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $image, HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>
	 </tr>
   </table></td>
 </tr>
 <tr>
 </tr>
 <tr>
   <td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_PRODUCT_LISTING); ?></td>
 </tr>
  </table></td>
<!-- END KINDA LEAVE THIS ALONE ------>
<?php
} else { // default page
?>
 <tr>
	 <tr>
	   <td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_default.gif', HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>
	 </tr>
   </table></td>
 </tr>
 <tr>
 </tr>
 <tr>
	 <tr>
	   <td class="main"><?php echo tep_customer_greeting(); ?></td>
	 </tr>
	 <tr>
	 </tr>
	 <tr>
 <!---- THIS DISPALYS THE  Welcome Guest! TEXT ----> 
	   <td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_MAIN; ?></td>
  <!---- END DISPALYS THE  Welcome Guest! TEXT ----> 
	 </tr>
	 <tr>
	 </tr>
	 <tr>
 <!---- THIS SHOWS THE NEW MONTHY PRODUCTS BOX IN THE INDEX.PHP--->
	   <td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS); ?></td>
 <!---- END THIS SHOWS THE NEW MONTHY PRODUCTS BOX IN THE INDEX.PHP--->
	 </tr>
<?php
  include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_UPCOMING_PRODUCTS);
?>
   </table></td>
 </tr>
  </table></td>
<?php
}
?>
<!--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
<!--THERE IS A LAYOUT BUG THAT NEEDS TO BE FIXED::: The bug displays the footer in the right column, 
so if you make any modifications to the width of OSCOMMERCE sometimes the footer gets stuck
in the column_right.php <table>, THE FIX IS SHOWN BELOW --->
<!--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
<!--- THIS CONTROLS DISPLAY OF COLUMN_RIGHT.PHP -------------------------->
<!-- body_text_eof //-->
  <td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<!-- right_navigation //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_right.php'); ?>
<!-- right_navigation_eof //-->
  </table></td>
</tr>
</table>
<!-- body_eof //-->

<!--- END CONTROLS DISPLAY OF COLUMN_RIGHT.PHP ----------------------------->
<!----- START LAYOUT BUG FIX OSC MS2 ---->
</table>   <!-- MUST ADD </TABLE> to close COLUMN_RIGHT.PHP TABLE --->
<tr><!-- ADD A <tr> as the LAST TABLE ROW IN **MAIN** TABLE---->
<td> <!-- ADD A <td> TO STICK THE FOOTER IN -->
<!-- BEGIN FOOTER CONTROL ---->
<!-- footer //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'footer.php'); ?>
<!-- footer_eof //-->
<!-- END BEGIN FOOTER CONTROL ---->
<!--- CLOSE TAGS --->
</td>
</tr>
<!--- END CLOSE TAGS--->
</table> <!--- CLOSE **MAIN** TABLE --->
<br>
<!-- </center>  if you put a center under the body, you can close it here --->
</body>
</html>
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>
<!--- NOTE EVERY FILE UNDER /catalog/ IS STRUCTURED SIMULAR TO THE INDEX.PHP, GOOD LUCK --->

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Peter,

It has been so...long...since I used this that I can't even remember if I added the comments or someone else did it for me. Anyway, here is the catalog/index.php file explained by adding helpful comments before each function.

Hope you find this helpful,

<?php
/*
$Id: index.php,v 1.1 2003/06/11 17:37:59 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
[url="http://www.oscommerce.com"]http://www.oscommerce.com[/url]

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/
</body>
</html>
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>
<!--- NOTE EVERY FILE UNDER /catalog/ IS STRUCTURED SIMULAR TO THE INDEX.PHP, GOOD LUCK --->

OH MY GOODNESS!

I've just been creating a Word table

with line numbers, your comments, key points such as includes, requires, and <table> open tags in order to make from scratch what you've sent me.

This will be interesting--and thanks for being so quick with it!!

Thank You, bkellum!

Pete Schulte

OH MY GOODNESS!

I've just been creating a Word table

with line numbers, your comments, key points such as includes, requires, and <table> open tags in order to make from scratch what you've sent me.

This will be interesting--and thanks for being so quick with it!!

Thank You, bkellum!

You are welcome. Glad I could help. :rolleyes:

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

• 4 weeks later...
PAYPAL

1. if you are using 2.1 and paypal isn't working, (guys give me the link for this), there is a fix for this, so don't fret, just kindly request it.

Haha, well I'm glad to know I am not the first store-user to have that problem then. ^_^

Yes-- I am running Paypal IPN v2.1, and having some troubles. I'm unable to get past the Paypal login screen, the script just freezes up. Could someone share this fix you're talking about, where could I find this link?

Or must I update to the latest IPN version, 2.9? If I have to, I'll do it, but it was heck to install the IPN the first time around-- uninstalling it and installing this new one would be a lovely long effort. :rolleyes:

So if someone could just give me a pointer, I'd appreciate it. Thanks! =D

• 3 weeks later...

I am new to the whole thing. I am about to lose it. I am trying to upload website standard buy now buttons, but I cant find the file to do it in. I have checked all files and dont see my products. Right now when I click checkout I get 404 not found page. I have configured paypal.

• 4 weeks later...

hey,

i've got a template for oscommerce to make life easier for myself. but i can't figure out how to add it to my previously installed oscommerce. it works fine without the template (as it comes), but which files do i need to change to put a template in? the template itself comes with all the files and the install directory. i'd just copy it all and install it, but tht'd get rid of my current installation...

osCommerce is GREAT. When it works...

• 3 weeks later...

What is the origin of "tep" or its acronym meaning or signification?

TY

--Pete

tep stands for "The Exchange Project" it's what OSC is formerly known as.

Archived