• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Discount Coupon Codes

kgt

I know this is gonna sound stupid, but this is the first time i've tried to install a contribution. I am brand new to this. I can get the files uploaded, but i'm not sure how to do this part

Run these statements via the SQL tab in phpMyAdmin.

Can you get me started??

Thanks,

Rob

I made the translation for the Portuguese and sent link of the archive for download for its email. http://www.apopular.com.br/portugues.zip

When it will have update you informs to me?

Tanks

:D :D :D :D

I did, helped or traslate.

http://addons.oscommerce.com/profile/104964

My english it´s só poor, but of you need help in portuguese, like shipping and payment that´s make a diference in brazil, come one,

Obrigado (thank´s)

go to cpanel...click at mysql database....then click your database........then..click at SQL menu...then PASTE...that's all

Thanks for the help. It works great. Great contribution!!!

I made the translation for the Portuguese and sent link of the archive for download for its email. http://www.apopular.com.br/portugues.zip

When it will have update you informs to me?

I just sent you an email. There are a few more files to translate, since there are entries in the main language file, and there is a language file for the order_total module.

Contributions

Discount Coupon Codes

Donations

I've just installed this coupon contribution and it's calling this error, when I go to>Products>Discount Coupon (to create the coupon/set parameters):

Discount Coupons

1146 - Table 'libidolondon_com_-_store.discount_coupons' doesn't exist

select count(*) as total from discount_coupons cd

[TEP STOP]

Coupon Code: Discount: Start: End: Max Use: Min Order:

Any idea how to fix this? I did a search and was unable to find this tring.

Thanks very much

Kelly

I just installed this module over a fresh installation of OSCommerce and it's not applying the discount.

As far as I can tell everything else is working. The tables are in the database. I can create new coupons in the admin section. And when I go to check out if I put in a coupon code that doesn't exist I get the error that I've put in an invalid coupon. But when I put in the real coupon code it just goes to the checkout screen with the full price.

Any ideas?

->Later.....Spice

Super contribution !! and very well documented !!

I just have a minor problem on the checkout page after I put the coupon code in and move to the next page the coupon is not visible, just after I click on the country flag it appears complete and that in any language.

And in the admin part I can't add new coupon discounts in the menu over sql it works !!

Do you have any idea why.....

Thank you

Thomas

Hi nice contrib, but i have a small problem.

The instal has been sucessfull, apart from at checkout_confrimation.php has not updated the the total price and not on any page after.

How can i fix this problem???

However the file, includes/boxes/shopping_cart.php has and works fine and the admin side is working well too.

Many thanks

First of all, thank you for this great contribution. It is exactly what I needed. :)

I have run into a little problem though. And I haven't been able to find the problem myself. I hope you can help me. It's the same problem some other people here seem to have.

If I use a coupon code on the "checkout_payment.php" page and I go to "checkout_confirmation.php" page, the discount isn't shown. I first have to refresh the page for it to be visible. The same happens when I go back to the "checkout_payment.php" page and remove the coupon code. I have to refresh the confirmation page for the discount to be removed.

The discount is calculated, even if it isn't showing. Because when I confirm the order without refreshing the page, the discount is used on the final order. As far as I can figure out it has something to do with the $this->info['coupon'] being empty in de order class. But I can't seem to fix it. :)

In your common_problems.txt you talked about something like this. But the discount coupon has a unique sort order in order total.

Can you help me(us) with this problem? :blush:

As far as I can tell everything else is working. The tables are in the database. I can create new coupons in the admin section. And when I go to check out if I put in a coupon code that doesn't exist I get the error that I've put in an invalid coupon. But when I put in the real coupon code it just goes to the checkout screen with the full price.

See the common problems file. Make sure you have a unique sort order for the module.

Contributions

Discount Coupon Codes

Donations

First of all, thank you for this great contribution. It is exactly what I needed. :)

I have run into a little problem though. And I haven't been able to find the problem myself. I hope you can help me. It's the same problem some other people here seem to have.

If I use a coupon code on the "checkout_payment.php" page and I go to "checkout_confirmation.php" page, the discount isn't shown. I first have to refresh the page for it to be visible. The same happens when I go back to the "checkout_payment.php" page and remove the coupon code. I have to refresh the confirmation page for the discount to be removed.

The discount is calculated, even if it isn't showing. Because when I confirm the order without refreshing the page, the discount is used on the final order. As far as I can figure out it has something to do with the $this->info['coupon'] being empty in de order class. But I can't seem to fix it. :)

In your common_problems.txt you talked about something like this. But the discount coupon has a unique sort order in order total.

Can you help me(us) with this problem? :blush:

Try adding this code:

if (!tep_session_is_registered('coupon')) tep_session_register('coupon');
 if (tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS['coupon'])) {
$coupon = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['coupon']);
 }

BEFORE these lines:

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order.php');
 $order = new order;

Contributions

Discount Coupon Codes

Donations

I've just installed this coupon contribution and it's calling this error, when I go to>Products>Discount Coupon (to create the coupon/set parameters):

Discount Coupons

[TEP STOP]

Looks like you didn't run the SQL statements in the install instructions, or there was an error when you ran it.

Contributions

Discount Coupon Codes

Donations

Try adding this code:

if (!tep_session_is_registered('coupon')) tep_session_register('coupon');
 if (tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS['coupon'])) {
$coupon = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['coupon']);
 }

BEFORE these lines:

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order.php');
 $order = new order;

Thanks! That worked like a charm. :thumbsup:

I may have some answers too. When I first installed this contribution I couldn't create coupons either. It had something to do with the field values not being received. I changed all insert and update values in coupons.php to $_POST[""] values and then everything worked.

example

tep_db_input($coupons_description) . "', '" .
tep_db_input($coupons_discount_percent) ."', " .

to

tep_db_input($_POST["coupons_description"]) . "', '" .
tep_db_input($_POST["coupons_discount_percent"]) ."', " .

I may have some answers too. When I first installed this contribution I couldn't create coupons either. It had something to do with the field values not being received. I changed all insert and update values in coupons.php to $_POST[""] values and then everything worked.

Great, I'll make some changes to the checkout_confirmation that will hopefully solve this problem for everyone. And I will make changes to the admin page while I'm at it.

Contributions

Discount Coupon Codes

Donations

Looks like you didn't run the SQL statements in the install instructions, or there was an error when you ran it.

I did a manual install..since I'm not fluent in sql. (wouldn't know where to begin)

I've made the suggested mods :

tep_db_input($_POST["coupons_description"]) . "', '" .

tep_db_input($_POST["coupons_discount_percent"]) ."', " .

Still no ability to create a coupon. I'm getting this error:

I've asked my server to checkout this string ie: libidolondon_com_store....since that seems to be what the error keeps calling. Any other suggestions greatly appreciated.

Kelly