• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

I receive an error message when switching any of the "Other Contributions Support" from false to true:

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_image_description' in 'field list'

SELECT p.products_id as v_products_id, p.products_model as v_products_model, p.products_image as v_products_image, p.products_image_description as v_products_image_description, p.products_price as v_products_price, p.products_weight as v_products_weight, p.products_date_available as v_date_avail, p.products_date_added as v_date_added, p.products_tax_class_id as v_tax_class_id, p.products_quantity as v_products_quantity, p.manufacturers_id as v_manufacturers_id, subc.categories_id as v_categories_id, p.products_status as v_status FROM products as p, categories as subc, products_to_categories as ptoc WHERE p.products_id = ptoc.products_id AND ptoc.categories_id = subc.categories_id

[TEP STOP]

Do I have to adjust anything or add to my DB? Apologies if this is answered somewhere, I have read through the documentation and searched through all relative forum posts but can not find anything like this issue. Thanks in advance!

Does anyone have any ideas why I am receiving this error message. I have researched and researched so far have not been able to find any reason for this error. I am REALLY hoping to get the additional images import/export working as I have way too many images to input manually. PLEASE HELP! :'(

EP is expecting the field products_image_description to be in the products table.

Have you installed a contibution to add this field in?

HTH

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

EP is expecting the field products_image_description to be in the products table.

Have you installed a contibution to add this field in?

HTH

G

Is that a part of EP? I dont believe we have installed any contribution that adds that field in. I got this same error on a fresh 2.3.1 install with EP as well. Could it be a part of 2.3.1? All help much appreciated as I am hoping to solve this asap! Thanks!

Suspect it is a version of EP that expects the field

Either install different versions and test until you get one that works

or

Correct the code

or

Create that filed in the products table using phpmyadmin

HTH

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

Suspect it is a version of EP that expects the field

Either install different versions and test until you get one that works

or

Correct the code

or

Create that filed in the products table using phpmyadmin

HTH

G

I now realize that the error is due to the fact that I do not have the Additional Images contribution installed ...with OSC 2.3.1's new "Large image" option, the additional images contribution is not neccessary - with that said, does EP integrate with the 2.3.1's large images options (importing/exporting the large images)? I'm sure I am not the only person trying to do this. Any insight is helpful. Thank you again.

What does the documentation say ?

Also look in the file easy_populate.php, it has loads of parameters you can set.

HTH

G

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

I have been having a problem with getting EP to download the additional images.

I have been searching and it seems like quite a few people have also been experiencing this issue, but nobody (that I have found) was able to get a response.

Question: With OSC 2.3.1, it has the additional images "built-in", right? So does EP 2.76i (for osc 2.3.1) offer the ability to download/include the additional pics?

I have tried to change:

//**** Large Images osc 2.3.1 Supportg ****
define ('EP_PRODUCTS_IMAGES', true);  // default is false
define ('EP_PRODUCTS_IMAGES_MAX', 6);  // default is 6, maximum number of columns

from false to true and it didn't change the result.

In my osc 2.2rc2 store I have an additional image contribution installed and I was able to make a change to the Easypopulate.php file to recognize that contribution and include the extra images. But with this version I haven't been able to figure it out.

I even searched in the add-on section for an additional image contribution and I can't find one for osc v 2.3.1, which I figured was because v 2.3.1 has the multiple image code built in now.

BTW, I am just using the stock products from the sample store (Samsung tablet).

How can I get EP to pull the extra images?

Just uploaded EP files, and now following rest of the installation instructions. I don't understand how the line in STEP #3 fits in the file:

The relevant lines in the my catalog.php looks like this:

array(
	'code' => FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES,
	'title' => BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES,
	'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES)
  ),

Do I simply do this?

array(
	'code' => FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES,
	'title' => BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES,
'Easy Populate' .
	'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES)
  ),

I don't think it fits into the array pattern or whatever it's called.

how to make this setting?

What exactly doesn't work? I'm using it right now. Other than additional images issue @grant3 describes, everything is working perfectly.

Do not operate the field v_categories_name_1_1. This product does not appear in the correct category. And it works.

Edited by forester

Hi,

I'm trying to integrate Easy Populate(Easy Populate 2.77a for osc2.3.1 (with attributes)) into OScommerce (online merchant v2.2 RC2).

I am struck at the below step as I'm unable to locate the script. The script does not exist. I'm not sure if the past developer has changed anything. What should I do? :wacko:

Instruction from Readme.txt

2] admin/includes/boxes/catalog.php

Find this

array(

'code' => FILENAME_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED,

'title' => BOX_CATALOG_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED,

'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED)

)

Replace with this

array(

'code' => FILENAME_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED,

'title' => BOX_CATALOG_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED,

'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED)

),

array(

'code' => FILENAME_EASYPOPULATE,

'title' => TEXT_EASYPOPULATE,

'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_EASYPOPULATE)

)

Script inside my current file: admin/includes/boxes/catalog.php

<?php

/*

$Id: catalog.php 1739 2007-12-20 00:52:16Z hpdl $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2002 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

?>

<!-- catalog //-->

<tr>

<td>

<?php

$heading = array();

$contents = array();

$heading[] = array('text' => BOX_HEADING_CATALOG,

'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'selected_box=catalog'));

if ($selected_box == 'catalog') {

$contents[] = array('text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_MANUFACTURERS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_MANUFACTURERS . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_REVIEWS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_REVIEWS . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SPECIALS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_SPECIALS . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED . '</a>');

}

$box = new box;

echo $box->menuBox($heading, $contents);

?>

</td>

</tr>

<!-- catalog_eof //-->

I would remove everything and use the version specifically designed to work for version 2.2.

Funnily enough the version for 2.3.1 is not designed to work for version 2.2.

It is Contribution no 500 if I remember correctly

HTH

G

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

Hey there.

So I'm importing an EP file using Easy Populate v2.76f-MS2 r1, and for some of the items the 'Date Added' value changes to 'Thursday 1 January 1970'. There appears to be no consistency regarding which items are affected.

Within the csv file, the column has the format d/mm/yyyy h:mm. Does that matter, since not all the items have this problem? Either way, what can be done about it?