• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

2.3 PayPal validation error

DeadBoLt79

I cannot find anyone with this same issue. I have setup a store to use PayPal Website Payments Standard module. It works great if the user has a PayPal account - but if they select the option of not having a PayPal account - The user enters in their credit card info and receives the following error (It's been tried with a few different cards - all ending with the same error)

Your credit or debit card has been declined for this transaction; PayPal could not validate the card. Please verify that the information you entered is correct, or try a different credit or debit card.

Can anyone give me an answer as to why this is happening.

Thanks,

Dave

I cannot find anyone with this same issue. I have setup a store to use PayPal Website Payments Standard module. It works great if the user has a PayPal account - but if they select the option of not having a PayPal account - The user enters in their credit card info and receives the following error (It's been tried with a few different cards - all ending with the same error)

Your credit or debit card has been declined for this transaction; PayPal could not validate the card. Please verify that the information you entered is correct, or try a different credit or debit card.

Can anyone give me an answer as to why this is happening.

Thanks,

Dave

Take a look on this

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/335698-anybody-else-having-problems-with-paypal-payments-standard/

If you are trying ot use a CC number which is associated with same paypal account then too it will be rejected.

Paypal might reject a credit card fomr many diff reasons.

Also make sure your paypal profile allows for credit card payment.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

I did find that post before, but with 2.3 I guess they changed that already - as my paypal-standard.php file already has the following code

$this->form_action_url = 'https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr';

Paypal might reject a credit card for many diff reasons.

I really don't think this is a credit card issue. There have been a number customers saying they are getting the same error - as well as my client tried a couple of different cards. Also, the transaction successfully completes if a customer pays by logging into PayPal.

Thanks,

- Dave

Edited by DeadBoLt79