• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product Options with Images

CustomGaming

Hello,

I have recently bought a template and worked it around for 2 weeks with my very limited knowledge to get it to where it is now, but now i have found that it would be a million times better if i could have a button next to my various product options which would display an image of the attribute.

I have tried to find a contribution which would help in this situation with some luck but upon trying to install them i run into major issues through the install or when i try to adapt them to the oscommerce 2.3 software my webpage encounters problems!!

Any advise would help greatly

Regards,

Jack

Jack,

As you have seen, Options as images was never updated to work with v2.3.1 and further, you are using a template so even if it was v2.3.1 compatible you would have to edit some of the code to integrate it into your template.

The only thing I can suggest is try integrating it and post any/all errors you receive so we can help you correct them

Chris

Thanks for the fast reply Chris,

Yeah i was thinking it would not be simple due to the template i used, i have been getting along pretty well seeing as though this is my first ever site, and really my first time learning even HTML let alone working a whole site.

I did encounter some syntax errors at first but i worked around them until i found the fix, the issue is more related to when i click on a product, the page that results is missing almost all elements and is all (for better of another word) 'mixed' up.

I will post a picture of the result after installing the options as pictures contribution, tomorrow as it is 1:30am and i am exhausted.

But any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Jack

Jack,

As you have seen, Options as images was never updated to work with v2.3.1 and further, you are using a template so even if it was v2.3.1 compatible you would have to edit some of the code to integrate it into your template.

The only thing I can suggest is try integrating it and post any/all errors you receive so we can help you correct them

Chris

Hello,

I was thinking, would you possibly know anyway to just add a small image link which would obviously link to a larger image in a lightbox, next to the product option?

This is the site www.customgaming.com.au, and next to the option i was wondering if it would be possible to add a small image link?

Regards,

Jack

Jack,

That's exactly what the options as images contribution does. It isn't just as simple as adding image code to the page, the images have to be assigned to each attribute.

Chris

Jack,

That's exactly what the options as images contribution does. It isn't just as simple as adding image code to the page, the images have to be assigned to each attribute.

Chris

Hey Chris,

I realised i was doing the installation wrong, and i have now done it the RIGHT way. But when i go to my products page by clicking on the thumbnails of them on the front page. The product options are now only errors provided below, and also in the admin section the structure is lost, it is not a huge problem as i can work around it but i am assuming it is due to the version differences. But any help on either of these issues would help....

Warning: require(includes/languages/english/options_images.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/customga/public_html/options_images.php on line 13

Warning: require(includes/languages/english/options_images.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/customga/public_html/options_images.php on line 13

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/languages/english/options_images.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/customga/public_html/options_images.php on line 13

Kind Regards,

Jack

Hey Jack,

It's saying that it can't find the file /languages/english/options_images.php. Might want to double check your file locations. ;)

Peace,

Chris

Yeah found it, now that was a noob mistake,

Now i have it running properly, if i go to a product page and look at the attributes section down the bottom, just under the table for the attributes there is a '?>' and i don't know where it is coming from would anyone be able to shed some light?

http://customgaming.com.au/product_info.php?products_id=34

Regards,

Jack

I couldn't tell ya without looking at the files, but it's likely you have an extra ?> in one of the files you modified. I'd check back over the files you made the modifications, she'll be lurking in there somewhere. By it's placement I'd say it's likely in your product_info.php. ;)

Peace,

Chris

I couldn't tell ya without looking at the files, but it's likely you have an extra ?> in one of the files you modified. I'd check back over the files you made the modifications, she'll be lurking in there somewhere. By it's placement I'd say it's likely in your product_info.php. ;)

Peace,

Chris

Beautiful!! Was in the product_info.php. Got it all working and thank you so much for all your help

• 4 months later...