• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

KissMT Dynamic SEO Meta Tags

FWR Media

I'm sorry, but I don't follow you when you say - send it to your hosts.

You mean send it to the technical support team that is hosting the web server? If so I am not sure exactly what I am asking them that they could actually tell me. I guess I am only partially understanding that the session? variable should be present but not understanding what hosting/setting might possibly cause this (I am guessing there could be multiple - but an idea of one or something will probably help me explain it better)

Thanks so much for your help in figuring this out. I'll be sure and post the solution once resolved!

I found the problem after much pain and working with the host.

The php was set to

zend.ze1_compatibility_mode = On

turning this to

zend.ze1_compatibility_mode = Off

fixed the problem

Hello Robert

In another thread you wrote "users can fill in their own title/description/keywords.....You add a few fields to the database, add some input fields in admin and ......you fill in the title/description/keyword".

is this easy to do? and would KissMT still work if this was done???

Richard

Hello Robert

In another thread you wrote "users can fill in their own title/description/keywords.....You add a few fields to the database, add some input fields in admin and ......you fill in the title/description/keyword".

is this easy to do? and would KissMT still work if this was done???

Richard

KISSMT is a fully dynamic system if you want/need to set the tags manually then KISSMT is not for you.

All I was saying is that if you want to do it manually you need no contributions or heavy scripts you just need a couple of fields in products and categories some input boxes for them in admin and display them at the front end.

KISSMT is a fully dynamic system if you want/need to set the tags manually then KISSMT is not for you.

All I was saying is that if you want to do it manually you need no contributions or heavy scripts you just need a couple of fields in products and categories some input boxes for them in admin and display them at the front end.

Hello Robert, I was wondering if I could have both working together, ie KissMT and extra fields in products and categories to manually enter meta tags on the few pages were it is needed

• 5 weeks later...

HI,

I've just installed this contibution and it was really simple. It works on all my pages except for the product_info pages.

All my products do get the same metatag which is one of a product that is even not in the shop anymore.

If you check my website: www.ollieenbommel.nl and then click on a product item, you see what I mean. I don't understand what I did wrong.

Many thanks for helping me in advance.

HI,

I've just installed this contibution and it was really simple. It works on all my pages except for the product_info pages.

All my products do get the same metatag which is one of a product that is even not in the shop anymore.

If you check my website: www.ollieenbommel.nl and then click on a product item, you see what I mean. I don't understand what I did wrong.

Many thanks for helping me in advance.

Hi

I looked at your site and KissMT doesnt appear to be working at all, on any page

I would say either it was not installed correctly, not installed fully or there is a conflict with another addon you have installed previously

Hi

I looked at your site and KissMT doesnt appear to be working at all, on any page

I would say either it was not installed correctly, not installed fully or there is a conflict with another addon you have installed previously

Strange. I'll de-install it and install it again and see if that helped. I thought it worked because I can see that the titles of most pages are made automatically.

Strange. I'll de-install it and install it again and see if that helped. I thought it worked because I can see that the titles of most pages are made automatically.

You are using the "experimental osc urls" which don't tend to work .. my guess is that the long _GET array is not being mapped to _GET.

Ideal solution:

Install Ultimate SEO Urls 5 then you will have seo urls and KissMT will work.

Not recommended solution:

Carry on using the experimental urls then in includes/application_top.php

Find ..

// set the HTTP GET parameters manually if search_engine_friendly_urls is enabled
 if (SEARCH_ENGINE_FRIENDLY_URLS == 'true') {
if (strlen(getenv('PATH_INFO')) > 1) {
 	$GET_array = array();
 	$PHP_SELF = str_replace(getenv('PATH_INFO'), '', $PHP_SELF);
 	$vars = explode('/', substr(getenv('PATH_INFO'), 1));
 	do_magic_quotes_gpc($vars);
 	for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($vars); $i<$n; $i++) {
   	if (strpos($vars[$i], '[]')) {
     	$GET_array[substr($vars[$i], 0, -2)][] = $vars[$i+1];
   	} else {
     	$HTTP_GET_VARS[$vars[$i]] = $vars[$i+1];
   	}
   	$i++;
 	}

if (sizeof($GET_array) > 0) {
   	while (list($key, $value) = each($GET_array)) {
     	$HTTP_GET_VARS[$key] = $value;
   	}
 	}
}
 }

Change to ..

// set the HTTP GET parameters manually if search_engine_friendly_urls is enabled
 	$GET_array = array();
   	} else {
     	$_GET[$vars[$i]] = $vars[$i+1];
   	}
   	$i++;
 	}

$_GET[$key] = $value;
   	}
 	}
}
 }

And see if that works.

You are using the "experimental osc urls" which don't tend to work .. my guess is that the long _GET array is not being mapped to _GET.

Ideal solution:

Install Ultimate SEO Urls 5 then you will have seo urls and KissMT will work.

Not recommended solution:

Carry on using the experimental urls then in includes/application_top.php

Find ..

$GET_array = array();
   	} else {
   	}
   	$i++;
 	}

}
 	}
}
 }

Change to ..

$GET_array = array();
   	} else {
     	$_GET[$vars[$i]] = $vars[$i+1];
   	}
   	$i++;
 	}

$_GET[$key] = $value;
   	}
 	}
}
 }

And see if that works.

• 2 months later...

1.- Hello after installing "Admin Settings Installation" I lost the details on the first Admin page, how can I undo this? Now the first page of my admin side is empty.

2.- I see that the keywords are not in Greek Language as the site is, you said that this is Search engine friendly....are you sure about that?

thank you

Edited by danil0

1.- Hello after installing "Admin Settings Installation" I lost the details on the first Admin page, how can I undo this? Now the first page of my admin side is empty.

2.- I see that the keywords are not in Greek Language as the site is, you said that this is Search engine friendly....are you sure about that?

thank you

About the second question I was wondering how can this be Search Engine friendly, when the total characters of title for example must change to 500 insteed of default 100 :huh:

About the second question I was wondering how can this be Search Engine friendly, when the total characters of title for example must change to 500 insteed of default 100 :huh:

I don't understand the question.

It is generally excepted ( at the moment ) that Google will read any length of title but will restrict the length shown in the SERPS to a lesser length.

is there anyone here for answers?

Firstly this is free support so you'll just have to wait until I get the time to answer.

Secondly I don't offer free support, even here, while I am asleep.

Firstly this is free support so you'll just have to wait until I get the time to answer.

Secondly I don't offer free support, even here, while I am asleep.

Ok sorry for my impatience, I get my answer for second question..

But my big problem is that after installing "Admin Settings Installation" I lost the details on the first Admin page, how can I undo this? Now the first page of my admin side is empty. I forget to mention that I m using the oscommerce 2.3 clean version

thank you

Hi Robert. I am almost finished upgrading my site from RC2a -> v2.3, (Only dashboard remains to be done).

When running RC2a KISS MT was working excellently, thanks! After upgrade I've got som strange errors reported by KISS error handler:

1)

Date / Time: 04-02-2011 20:12:52

Error Type: [E_USER_WARNING] KissMT can't write to the cache directory. Please change the permissions.

On line 112

File includes/modules/kiss_meta_tags/classes/kiss_meta_tags_class.php

my path to the cache directory is set in admin as/home/xxxx/public_html/pub/cache/

2)

Error Type: [E_WARNING] fopen(/home/xxxx/public_html/pub/cache/categories_box-svenska.cache27_42) [<a href='function.fopen'>function.fopen</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory

On line 58

File includes/functions/cache.php

function read_cache(&$var, $filename, $auto_expire = false){
   $filename = DIR_FS_CACHE . $filename;
   $success = false;

if (($auto_expire == true) && file_exists($filename)) {
     $now = time();
     $filetime = filemtime($filename);
     $difference = $now - $filetime;

if ($difference >= $auto_expire) {
       return false;
     }
   }

// try to open file
   if ($fp = @fopen($filename, 'r')) {       <--Line 58
// read in serialized data
     $szdata = fread($fp, filesize($filename));
     fclose($fp);
// unserialze the data
     $var = unserialize($szdata);

$success = true;
   }

return $success;
 }

Could it be the definition of the cache directory as DIR_FS_CACHE?

Also I wonder why the ampersand is preceeding $var in the argument list? (forgive me for not being skilled at php)

3)

This is an error which wasn't present in the RC2a version (I point this out since it isn't a KISS MT issue):

Date / Time: 04-02-2011 20:15:16

Error Type: [E_NOTICE] Undefined offset: 27

On line 188

File includes/boxes/categories.php

The code around line 188 is:

if (tep_not_null($cPath)) {
           $new_path = '';
           reset($cPath_array);
           while (list($key, $value) = each($cPath_array)) {
               unset($parent_id);
               unset($first_id);
               $categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.parent_id from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$value . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id='" . (int)$languages_id ."' order by sort_order, cd.categories_name");
               if (tep_db_num_rows($categories_query)) {
                   $new_path .= $value;
                   while ($row = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_query)) {
                       $tree[$row['categories_id']] = array('name' => $row['categories_name'],
                                                                                                'parent' => $row['parent_id'],
                                                                                                'level' => $key+1,
                                                                                                'path' => $new_path . '_' . $row['categories_id'],
                                                                                                'next_id' => false);

if (isset($parent_id)) {
                           $tree[$parent_id]['next_id'] = $row['categories_id'];
                       }

$parent_id = $row['categories_id'];

if (!isset($first_id)) {
                           $first_id = $row['categories_id'];
                       }

$last_id = $row['categories_id'];
                   }
                   $tree[$last_id]['next_id'] = $tree[$value]['next_id'];      <-----Line 188
                   $tree[$value]['next_id'] = $first_id;
                   $new_path .= '_';
               } else {
                   break;
               }
           }
       }

Hopefully you can advice me, as so many times before

Thanks in advance

Kindest

Sara

Hi Robert. I am almost finished upgrading my site from RC2a -> v2.3, (Only dashboard remains to be done).

When running RC2a KISS MT was working excellently, thanks! After upgrade I've got som strange errors reported by KISS error handler:

1)

Date / Time: 04-02-2011 20:12:52

Error Type: [E_USER_WARNING] KissMT can't write to the cache directory. Please change the permissions.

On line 112

File includes/modules/kiss_meta_tags/classes/kiss_meta_tags_class.php

my path to the cache directory is set in admin as/home/xxxx/public_html/pub/cache/

In the first few lines of the instructions it tells you to ensure that certain directories are set to writeable .. and they are not.

So my big problem is that after installing "Admin Settings Installation" of "optional_extras" folder, after the SQL running procedure, I lost the details on the first Admin page, how can I get buck the losted page? Now the first page of my admin side is empty. I forget to mention that I m using the oscommerce 2.3 clean version

I hope you will understand my poor English..

Thank you

Hello Robert, problem solved! It was entirely my own fault.

The problem I caused was that I had deleted the KISS MT cache directory

Also I found the bugs in my modded also_purchased_products:

Error Type: [E_WARNING]

fopen(/home/juto1/public_html/pub/cache/also_purchased-svenska.cache63)

[<a href='function.fopen'>function.fopen</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory On line 58 File includes/functions/cache.php

Thanks a lot for pointing me right! Me, being a wimsy flimsy woman...

Sara

I lost the details on the first Admin page, how can I get buck the losted page?

You lost what? I don't understand.

You lost what? I don't understand.

When you login on admin side, on a clean Oscommerce 2.3 on the first page it has some sales analytics and visitor analytics and some other information as I remember...I installed your contrib and it was working fine untill I installed your "optional_extras/Admin Settings" ... then all these of the first page gone, is there a way to come back ? How is your fisrt Admin page.??

When you login on admin side, on a clean Oscommerce 2.3 on the first page it has some sales analytics and visitor analytics and some other information as I remember...I installed your contrib and it was working fine until I installed your "optional_extras/Admin Settings" ... then all these of the first page gone, is there a way to come back ? How is your fisrt Admin page.??

You have made an error making the file changes.

reinstall following the instructions accurately.

You have made an error making the file changes.

reinstall following the instructions accurately.

This happend when I run the SQL query... are you sure about the query? That it is not removes anything?

Thank you for your pattience