• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

One Page Checkout Support

Hi friends, I'm having problems when I fill data into billing addres (the shipping methods doesn't apears). By other hand if I fill diferent shipping addres the shiping methods appears ok. I think there must be something with 'updateshippingmethods' funtion in billing addres section.

Any idea??

Thanks!

Hi,

as the shipping methods are calculated on the shipping address, that may explain why the shpiing methods display only when shipping address is used, is the shipping address usually blank to start with?

when I create a new account its automatically filling in the shipping address, and as a result the shipping methods are available.

All my settings in configuartion onepage checkout are set to true, dont know if that would ressolve your issue or not.

Getting better with mods but no programmer am I.

also having

Fatal error: Call to a member function pre_confirmation_check() on a non-object in /home4/metalmul/public_html/includes/classes/onepage_checkout.php on line 548

I would check that area of code and see what files or functions it is calling for and then check that you have these sections installed correctly.

having looked at the files I would guess its a payment method/ payment setup problem, but I am no expert.

Once you get this type of problem though I would use a new browser session to ensure you have corrected the problem as for some reason these errors dont go away if you use the same broswer session even if you have ressolved the problem.

No promises made but at least it gives you somewhere to look.

Johnny

Hi still looking for the solutions to:-

1. £ display issue that doesnt affect e-mails

2. Shipping method:-

A). Not to have one option pre selected

B) To update shipping prices when option selected in the shipping method section

(note in the cart section at the top of the page the shipping prices update when the shipping method is changed, also because an option is already selected for shipping

C) Update Shipping Method when shipping address is changed.

D) Not to synchronise billing and shipping addresses if page is refreshed.(this would be less of an issue if the shipping methods changed when address or shipping method is changed.

E) When only using zone shipping methods, if an address is not a shipping zone the shipping method box dissappears completley, would be better to have sorry we do not ship to that area or please ask for a quote message or something. I was able to create a shipping method for a zone with the title Please ask for a quote based on it being the rest of the world, ie,. not inside my shipping zone and therefore my shipping method did not dissappear.

3. Customer details section is being left empty when the order is created, however shipping billing and order details are complete. I suspect looking at the checkout.php it is due to these details not being sent to the database?

Nice to have below:-

4. It would be nice if the cart section of checkout.php was more ajax controlled, i.e when you change the qty it automatically updates or removes the product, rather than to have to use the update button.

5. It would be nice if we could have a continue shopping button in the cart section and or links to specials and featured products to try and encourage cutomers to look at and buy the products that are trying to be promoted.

Please can someone point us in the right direction.

This is a great mod and whilst it requires some fine tunning it certainly will make a posative difference to the osc shopping experience.

Edited by johnnybebad

everything seems to be working, except the only issue I have at the moment is that the orders in admin, dont assign the customers details but the billing and shipping address are assigned.

I am guessing this means that the one page checkout does send billing and shipping but not customer?

I will check a few things out first, make sure I didnt delte them when I was rejigging a few things.

When I get the gift voucher mod installed and working on its own I will let you know how I get on with the integration.

Great mod, and I will be doing a lot more testing once, have had a few teething problems, mainly around the settings regarding currency and addresses, and once they were sorted out most of the shipping and payment mods appeared to work okay.

Thanks

Johnny

Hi Johnny and All-

Have just installed this mod and observed the same behavior.

Customer name is not showing up in the orders table.

Likewise in the order detail view.

Additionally, the telephone number and email address are not present either.

Has anybody addressed this issue?

Oscommerce supports the scenario in which "Customer details", "Shipping details", and "Billing details" can be three separate entities (an issue in itself). My assumption is that this was an oversight by Itexperts (the author)...

Hi Johnny and All-

Have just installed this mod and observed the same behavior.

Customer name is not showing up in the orders table.

Likewise in the order detail view.

Additionally, the telephone number and email address are not present either.

Has anybody addressed this issue?

Oscommerce supports the scenario in which "Customer details", "Shipping details", and "Billing details" can be three separate entities (an issue in itself). My assumption is that this was an oversight by Itexperts (the author)...

Have to say though it works a lot better than the other single page carts I have tried. however I am still have several issues and this being the least important as I have the details I need and it is linked to the customers account.

its should be a simply case of posting the information to the site, looking at code it takes the shipping and billing addresses from the cutsomers registration details, so its only a case of getting those details posted to the order section as customer details.

I am having aplay but I am no programmer.

Johnny

FYI: This contribution also works with Paypal IPN

I have installed it and everything works great.. but...
If you dont insert a password on the One Page checkout form, you will be directed to the normal creataccount, loginpage.

I have the same problem too. It would be nice to redirect them to the create password fields via focus. I am no programmer so just wishing someone comes up with this.

Also, I am still having problems with the ajax-laoder.gif. It does not show during checkout but it is indeed in the correct location and even shows if you enter the location into a browser address bar.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hello Folks,

I am somewhat new to oscommerce, but have sucessfully installed several contributions and really do appreciate all the efforts people have put in. This product looks great.

I have very carefully followed the install instructions. I have now gone over and double checked all the steps.

Nothing shows up and nothing happens. In the admin console, where is the one page checkout supposed to show up?

Is it under configuration? Tools? Modules?

I would appreciate any insight into this.

Thanks,

Don

Hello Folks,

I am somewhat new to oscommerce, but have sucessfully installed several contributions and really do appreciate all the efforts people have put in. This product looks great.

I have very carefully followed the install instructions. I have now gone over and double checked all the steps.

Nothing shows up and nothing happens. In the admin console, where is the one page checkout supposed to show up?

Is it under configuration? Tools? Modules?

I would appreciate any insight into this.

Thanks,

Don

Hi Don,

I have a modded admin, but it should be under configuration...

Did you make the proper ../admin mods and run the DB update (below)?

INSERT INTO configuration_group (configuration_group_id, configuration_group_title, configuration_group_description, sort_order, visible) VALUES (7575, 'One Page Checkout', 'Settings for one page checkout', 16, 1);

ALTER TABLE configuration CHANGE configuration_value configuration_value TEXT NOT NULL;

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) VALUES (NULL, 'Enable One Page Checkout', 'ONEPAGE_CHECKOUT_ENABLED', 'True', 'Enable one page checkout?', 7575, 1, NULL, now(), NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'False\',\'True\'),');

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) VALUES (NULL, 'Default Address Country', 'ONEPAGE_DEFAULT_COUNTRY', '223', 'Default country for new address and for checking out wihtout account', 7575, 2, NULL, now(), NULL, 'tep_cfg_pull_down_country_list(');

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) VALUES (NULL, 'Account Creation', 'ONEPAGE_ACCOUNT_CREATE', 'false', 'if user does not enter password, do you want to auto-create their account and email password in order confirmation?', 7575, 3, NULL, now(), NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'),');

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) VALUES (NULL, 'Show Custom Right Column', 'ONEPAGE_SHOW_CUSTOM_COLUMN', 'true', 'Show custom right column', 7575, 4, NULL, now(), NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\',\'false\'),');

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) VALUES (NULL, 'Require Login', 'ONEPAGE_LOGIN_REQUIRED', 'false', 'Require customer to be logged in to proceed through checkout', 7575, 5, NULL, now(), NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'),');

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) VALUES (NULL, 'Show Oscommerce Columns', 'ONEPAGE_SHOW_OSC_COLUMNS', 'true', 'Show default oscommerce left and right columns', 7575, 6, NULL, now(), NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\',\'false\'),');

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) VALUES (NULL, 'Custom Colum Box #1 Heading', 'ONEPAGE_BOX_ONE_HEADING', '100% Private Secure SSL Transaction', 'Custom Colum Box #1 Heading', 7575, 15, NULL, now(), NULL, NULL);

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) VALUES (NULL, 'Custom Colum Box #1 Content', 'ONEPAGE_BOX_ONE_CONTENT', 'Your shopping cart transaction is taking place on an encrypted SSL webpage, meaning it is secure and safe. We respect all of your private information and none of it will be shared with anyone in anyway.', 'Custom Colum Box #1 Content', 7575, 16, NULL, now(), NULL, 'tep_cfg_textarea(');

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) VALUES (NULL, 'Custom Colum Box #2 Heading', 'ONEPAGE_BOX_TWO_HEADING', 'Ordering Information', 'Custom Colum Box #2 Heading', 7575, 17, NULL, now(), NULL, NULL);

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) VALUES (NULL, 'Custom Colum Box #2 Content', 'ONEPAGE_BOX_TWO_CONTENT', '<b>Processing Time</b><br>We will process your order as quickly as possible. Typical processing time for orders shipped ground is 1 – 2 days. For expedited shipping (2 day or overnight) we make every effort to ship the order the same day if ordered before 2pm.<br><br><b>Order Tracking</b><br>After your order is placed, you can login anytime 24/7 to view the status of your order. When your order is shipped, you will receive a shipment notification with a tracking number.', 'Custom Colum Box #2 Content', 7575, 18, NULL, now(), NULL, 'tep_cfg_textarea(');

Ressolved this one, its all to do with the utf8 coding, used
 & # 163;

instead of using the keyboard £ as was done previously and now all £ signs are showing correctly. note placed spaces between the code as it displayed as a £ otherwise.

Would still like to know why half and half was £ and other � with the same previous entry for the £ using a keyboard submission.

Just for reference found this site useful for utf8 code map:- http://www.tony-franks.co.uk/UTF-8.htm

Where did you put the code to change the currency symbol?

Hi still looking for the solutions to:-

1. £ display issue that doesnt affect e-mails

In catalog/checkout.php:

***FIND:

<?php
/*
 $Id: checkout_shipping.php 1739 2007-12-20 00:52:16Z hpdl $

***CHANGE TO:

<?php header("Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8\n");
/*

Not pretty, but does this work?

I have not tried charset=UTF-8. I fixed my € issue using charset=ISO_8859-1.

Hi all,

This is a great contribution and one I definitely want to use, but unfortunately I too am receiving:

Fatal error: Call to a member function pre_confirmation_check() on a non-object in /home/htdocs/includes/classes/onepage_checkout.php on line 548

I notice lines 547 and 548 (below) of onepage_checkout.php start with $GLOBALS. I'm a complete novice here, but does this error have anything to do with register globals being switched off?

$GLOBALS[$_SESSION['payment']]->pre_confirmation_check();

$GLOBALS[$_SESSION['payment']]->confirmation();

If anyody can offer help on this one, I'm sure there's a lot of people who would appreciate it very much !

Cheers

Andy

Edited by SpankyAndy

Thanks Greg, i did have an error in my database modifications...

Now I am getting the same error as a lot of other people here. it is this one:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in http://...includes/classes/onepage_checkout.php on line 548

It does not appear that this question has been answered yet, or have I missed something. I really do appreciate the help everyone in this site offers.

Thanks,

Don

A little more detail about my situation

In a play store that does not have authorize.net AIM functional, the contribution works fine. In my live store, which had AIM installed and operational I get the error.

here is the detail from line 548

So it appears that the contrib is trying to confirm a payment method and is breaking on the AIM module I use to process my credit cards in a secure fashion.

I wish I new more about programming, but I do not.

Any help or insight as to how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Don

A little more detail about my situation

In a play store that does not have authorize.net AIM functional, the contribution works fine. In my live store, which had AIM installed and operational I get the error.

here is the detail from line 548

So it appears that the contrib is trying to confirm a payment method and is breaking on the AIM module I use to process my credit cards in a secure fashion.

I wish I new more about programming, but I do not.

Any help or insight as to how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Don

Hi Don,

I am a noob myself- stumbling through the activities to get a site up for a friend...

Having acknowledged that, here is what I might do (offered with no understanding of your environment).

I can't re-create your issue and I use Authorize.net as well.

---> Assuming all is well and proper <--- , try this:

1. Make sure you are operating on the latest and greatest Authorize.net API. My particular flavor is here:

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6562

Also, Authorize.net will only work over a secure (SSL) connection I think.

2. checkout_confirmation.php uses this:

if (is_array($payment_modules->modules)) {

$payment_modules->pre_confirmation_check();

You might try replacing the corresponding OnePage code with this just for a test.

(onepage_checkout.php, lines 547, 548 I think)

3. Perhaps it is a $'GLOBALS' issue?

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/2097

See post by CMOTD dated 25 Sep 2007

4. In the future be aware of add-ons that are locked (no community input), buggy out of the box, and ultimately would require money to get them working.

I have disabled the mod until I have time to iron out the wrinkles myself... At such time I will post those ironed wrinkles here. I do like the check-out presentation it offers.

Regards,

Greg

Thanks Greg,

I will try those things. I was unaware that members were not allowed to support members on community given contributions. Or are addons different from contriubtions?

I do appreciate your help, but if this is the case, why is there a forum for support. Please accept my apology that I do not better understand the inner workings of how the oscommerce open source system works.

Thanks again Greg, you are great!

Don

Great contribution!!!

However...

I messed up! :blush:

I installed the Set up fee contribution and then I installed the One Page checkout.

The problem now is that the setup fee is not showing up in the cart.

The text for the set up fee shows up, but the amount is not added to the cart.

Any clues what I need to do??? :huh:

Pleeeeeease please help!

Great contribution!!!

However...

I messed up! :blush:

I installed the Set up fee contribution and then I installed the One Page checkout.

The problem now is that the setup fee is not showing up in the cart.

The text for the set up fee shows up, but the amount is not added to the cart.

Any clues what I need to do??? :huh:

Pleeeeeease please help!

actually....

the problemos this:

If you change the quantity in the cart and hit "update", the setup fee does not get added.

Example:

(100 invitations x 1$) + 60$ setup fee = 160$

Then if you make chages once you go to the cart to 50 invitations, you get a total:

50 invitations x 1$ = 50$

Whereas it should be:

(50 invitations x 1$) +60$ setup fee = 110$

The setup fee is nowhere to be seen.

Greg,

I understand your message now. I will see if I can figure out how to tell if an addon is locked or not. To me an addon is useless if members can not give other members support on the problem. They might as well have never posted it in the first place.

Don

In catalog/checkout.php:

***FIND:

<?php
/*

***CHANGE TO:

<?php header("Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8\n");
/*

Not pretty, but does this work?

I have not tried charset=UTF-8. I fixed my € issue using charset=ISO_8859-1.

Hi to confirm,

<?php header("Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO_8859-1");
/*

should be in the checkout.php file and everything else remains unaffected. for using the £ as entered normally on the keyboard.

Thanks

Johnny

steve_s/it Web"experts" since you're the "provider" of this script I have a question for you which I'll post here since I have never received a response from your website:

Is the $350 script posted on your website the exact same script you posted as the "One Page Checkout" contribution? And is it cleaned up (all the unused variables and references to your "renter" script)? I'm asking because if I purchase it, I would not want to have to spend more time on cleaning it up and getting it to work.

Any answers would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by foodawgmi

Wow. This has been terribly frustrating to get working. I'm close...

BUT- every time I click Submit it takes me to login.php. Has anyone else experienced this???

I can get it work work fine for cheque/postal order and Paypal IF the user is logged in but for new users unless I enter a password I get redirected to login so there is some sort of validation in checkout.php which is looking for an entry in password and if it is blank its redirecting to login.php

Also when it works for not logged in customers (i.e. they enter a password) it creates the customer twice - the order is only placed once but I end up with two customers added to my customer list.

Edited by mondeo79