• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal Express Checkout IPN Payment Module

AlexStudio

Yes. I am running osCommerce 2.2 RC1 with this module installed. I have only tested it with PayPal sandbox, however, as my site is not yet "live."

The only problem I have come across is if the order total is 0.00, it will show an error result from PayPal saying there is an invalid order total. I have a Points/Rewards module installed and an order total could be 0.00 if a customer uses points to pay for their entire order. Therefore, I had to modify this contribution just slightly to get around that problem. But, this error was due to mixing contributions (and the fact that PayPal won't accept 0.00 order totals). On its own it works great in RC1.

Thank you AlexStudio for an excellent contribution!

Does anyone know what needs to be changed to make this work thank you

noppie

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got the contrib installed and working properly, getting following error when running diagnostic.php:

Error #1: Internal Error (10001)
Internal Error

I know this has been covered and chalked up to the sandbox server, so im not worried about this issue, however, when i try to checkout using EC, after i login to paypal and brought back to the site and click 'pay', i get the following error:

An error occured when we tried to process your payment. Please contact the store owner for assistance.

Transaction cannot complete. (10417)
The transaction cannot complete successfully. Instruct the customer to use an alternative payment method.

Is there something im missing, or is this normal for a sandbox environment, and i just need to test it live?

thanks in advance for any help.

Does anyone know what needs to be changed to make this work thank you

noppie

Hi noppie,

Here is what I did to have the PayPal EC module disable itself when the total is exactly or less than 0.00:

In /catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ec.php, before the "function update_status() {" closing bracket, add:

if ($order->info['total'] <= 0) {
   $this->enabled = false;
}

This is essentially the same code that was mentioned in posts at the beginning of this thread.

Now, if you are specifically using the points/rewards module, you will have to make further modifications to the PayPal EC pages in order to get the two to work together nicely without errors or exploits, especially with how PayPal EC jumps over the payments page.

Hey there!!

First of all, thanks a lot for the contribution which worked very very well for me till recently...!

Unfortunately now I've got a problem with the contribution and I think it is since my provider updated to php5 from php4, before everything went smoothly...

First of all it was not possible to update the payment settings in the admin payment site. to solve this I already added the reset($ar); at the end of the following code in the compatibility site...

do_magic_quotes_gpc($ar[$key]);

} else {

$ar[$key] = addslashes($value);

}

}

reset($ar);

}

maybe the above stated code helps to understand my problems with the contribution:

first of all everything seems to work smoothly, the shop forwards me to the paypal site. when I click on the continue button, which normally should bring me back to the confirmation page on oscommerce it rederects me instead to the page which says that paypal updated my address and that i should confirm that although the paypal address is exactely the same as the one registred in oscommerce. when done that oscommerce forwards me to the confirmation page. but when clicking than on order now (thus normally should this be the very last step) I will be redirected to the oscommerce shipping page...

so, a never ending circle....the paypal dump is successful and the diagnostics does not find any error...

Any idea what this could cause??

Thank you very much for your help!!

andreas

• 3 weeks later...

* Built in IPN feature for updating order status automatically once if pending payments (eCheck) are cleared, and payments refunded as well.

Just wondering if any configuration needs to take place for this feature to work?

We don't get any status changes when an echeck clears nor when a refund is made.

There is a setting on paypal for the notification url does this need to be populated? And if so, with what url?

I thought with the new methodology for reporting status that no configuration was needed?

Any tips appreciated.

Kind Regards

John

Hi noppie,

Here is what I did to have the PayPal EC module disable itself when the total is exactly or less than 0.00:

In /catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ec.php, before the "function update_status() {" closing bracket, add:

if ($order->info['total'] <= 0) {
   $this->enabled = false;
}

this is for the points and awards program.

This is essentially the same code that was mentioned in posts at the beginning of this thread.

Now, if you are specifically using the points/rewards module, you will have to make further modifications to the PayPal EC pages in order to get the two to work together nicely without errors or exploits, especially with how PayPal EC jumps over the payments page.

Can anyone help me with this.. can I just tell people who are using the points to go use the quick express? or is there some more code that I need to do.. i am just lost.. LIke the people in lost.

Noppie

Edited by noppie

Hi Community

I still having the problem I mentioned some posts before although I updated my whole store to MS2.2 RC2a..

Everything runs smoothly, it processes correctly to paypal, paypal reroutes me correctly back to the store, where the order has to be finally processed. When then pushing the "final order button" it reroutes me back to the shipping site....a never ending circle...

Any idea around??

Andreas

hello

i installed this module and then when i click the checkout paypal button nothing happens. the page is trying to get somewhere, it stops and then it tries again.i've set up the API in paypal and in admin but it;s not working...am i doing something wrong?

lastly after 4 min i get this on the url:

..../ppeb.php?shec=a

and internet explorer cannot display this page

Edited by tanicos

Hi Alex,

Thanks for this contrib (v0.4.1)

Everything seems to work (diagnostics- all green YES)

yet when checking out (live) after going to paypal and logging in

clicking the continue button and returning to store

receive error 10417 Transaction cannot complete

this is using paypal account with verified bank account wo/ credit card

is this because account needs a credit card to use express checkout

also receive email dumps (3) per transaction

PayPal EC Seccuss Dump

PayPal EC Success Dump

PayPal EC Error Dump

any suggestions immensely appreciated

Thanks again,

jk

Please refer to PayPal API Error Code.

Error 10417:

It is possible that the payment method the customer chooses on PayPal might not succeed when you send DoExpress Checkout Payment. The most likely cause is that the customer's credit card failed bank authorization. Another possible, though rare, cause is that the final OrderTotal is significantly higher than the original estimatedOrderTotal you sent with SetExpress Checkout at Integration Point 1, and the final OrderTotal does not pass PayPal's risk model analysis. If the customer has no other PayPal funding source that is likely to succeed, DoExpress Checkout Payment Response returns error code 10417. Instruct the customer that PayPal is unable to process the payment and redisplay alternative payment methods with which the customer can pay.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the quick response and link info.

Will add credit card to paypal account, give it a whirl

and post results...tomorrow

earlier today I did some brainstorming and I think

lightning knocked out the power

L8r,

jk

Make sure you have the state field set to true under admin > configuration > customer details. v0.4.1 should not have this problem unless you have bad address setup. If the testing account already has 5 addresses registered in your store and you're running RC2a, there will be some problem creating new address when PayPal returns a different one. Try setting 'Allow Edit Shipping Address at PayPal?' to 'No' and see what you get.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your help.

Although I switched the customer's state to true and allow edit shipping address at paypal to false I still having the same problems.

As a second step after switching the customer's state to true was that I created a new account and tried with this, but also this step did not help!

Another curious thing when using firefox: after pushing the "button confiurm order" it sends me back to the login.php...

Andreas

Hi Alex

I double checked all modifications necessary for your contribution, including checking the address pages, since you wrote it could also have to do something with this. Unfortunately it did not help. Now, I have the problem which I had before only with firefox -> rerouting to the login.php.

Here's what I realised

The "PAY" Button on the express_checkout has no session ID or token on it, in my store it is just a simple link to checkout_process.php.

When then clicking on the pay button it first sends me back to the checkout_process.php before it resends me back to the login.php.

If I have the 'Allow Edit Shipping Address at PayPal?' to 'Yes' it first sends me to the shipping page which says that Paypal modified the address and that I should confirm that, although the addresses are exactely the same. when confirming that the story is the same as mentioned three sentences before...

I appreciate very much your help!!

Andreas

1. rerouting to login.php means that you have a session problem. The 'Pay' button shouldn't need a session id or token if sessions are working properly.

2. When setting 'Allow Edit Shipping Address at PayPal?' to 'Yes', PayPal will replace the address with one in their record, even without your clicking on the edit link. The address may look the same, but the matching can still fail, depends on the address settings in your store and database. An empty 'state' entry is not the same as a NULL 'state' entry, you might need to replace NULL state entries with empty strings in your database address_book table.

I have v0.4.2 update ready, but need someone to test it with CCGV before releasing.

If you have CCGV installed and want to test v0.4.2, please PM me. I will send you a copy for testing. Please include in the PM which version of CCGV installed.

And make sure your server mets the requirements:

• osCommerce 2.2ms2
  • PHP 4.3.0+
  • cURL

A PayPal premier or business account is required as well.

Do you still need help with this..

I really want to get the coupons and points and awards working.

thank you again for a wonderful mod

noppie :rolleyes:

If it only happens with firefox, it probably is your firefox settings.

hello

i installed this module and then when i click the checkout paypal button nothing happens. the page is trying to get somewhere, it stops and then it tries again.i've set up the API in paypal and in admin but it;s not working...am i doing something wrong?

lastly after 4 min i get this on the url:

..../ppeb.php?shec=a

and internet explorer cannot display this page

?

Just installed PayPal Express Checkout V2.11 put in the Paypal data and everything apears to be working fine. I log into Paypal using a personal account. I get to the "Review Your Information" page and when I press continue I get the following message.

I am new at this, so any help would be appreciated.

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

select customers_default_address_id from customers where customers_id =

[TEP STOP][

Thanks for your time.